Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 12-04-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
TA2D50

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LT/RS
North DFW Camaro Club

Is there a camaro club or group that meets near Frisco Denton McKinney area? If not is anyone interested in one, maybe a quarterly ride/cruise and a yearly trip to like Galveston or Pardre or something. Maybe a monthly dinner or such. Let me know what ya'll think....
TA2D50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
Vanchevy

Drives: 2011 2ss
The only club at this time is Lone Star Camaro Club for the DFW area you can check out there site and forum at Lonestarcamaroclub.com
Vanchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
I heard it cost money to be in that club
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
hawkfe

Drives: 2014 Stingray 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
I heard it cost money to be in that club
It does (and it's not that much), but you can save that money by using many of the sponsors of the club that offers discounts to club members. We are having our annual meeting at Humperdinks in Arlington this coming Saturday (9th). Check out the website and see what you think. I been a member for the past two years and has been a blast. We have raised money for the Flight Crew Memorial in Grapevine, collected money and toys for Toys for TOTS and have monthly outings and other things.....
hawkfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
BTW, Saturday is the 10th. What time? The website doesn't have it on upcoming events nor listed on your calendar.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:23 AM   #6
hawkfe

Drives: 2014 Stingray 3LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post
BTW, Saturday is the 10th. What time? The website doesn't have it on upcoming events nor listed on your calendar.
Yep, the 10th, check the thread for more info http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=122499&page=8
hawkfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #7
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfe View Post
Yep, the 10th, check the thread for more info http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=122499&page=8
Thanks hawkfe, Our December's event is for Paid LSC Members only. If anyone would like to attend, please see our Members Sign Up page HERE
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #8
MrsTXCamaro

Drives: 2012 White Camaro
Yeah…..PAY UP!!! Or don’t come around!

You would think it would be….”Anyone is welcome but only paid members will get the free lunch”.
Then again this is the mentality I’ve heard about this club. I see they are about to change officers so maybe it’s just the current regime. I’ll probably never find out unless I pay dues first though.

I've heard about another club called Texas F-Body. I think that's their name. I just got my Camaro so I haven't had a chance to meet up with any of the clubs just yet but hopefully the other club won't beat me up for dues up front.

Anyone know of any get togethers that don't cost money? I would like to just meet some other Camaro owners in my area without getting stiff armed into paying money to do so.
MrsTXCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:22 PM   #9
MiSS1LE

Drives: 2014 1LE & 2014 C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68RS View Post
It was posted in the LSC Lounge on 10/23/11 as a poll for a date for the Christmas Party
Then again in the Event thread on 11/22/11 as an RSVP Christmas Party Sticky at the top
To be RSVP'd by 12/5/11 if this helps ..
MiSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:27 PM   #10
MrsTXCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteVert View Post
It was posted in the LSC Lounge on 10/23/11 as a poll for a date for the Christmas Party
Then again in the Event thread on 11/22/11 as an RSVP Christmas Party Sticky at the top
To be RSVP'd by 12/5/11 if this helps ..
What is the LSC lounge? Is that something else you have to be a paid member to see?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #11
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Wow, never seen so many people get bent out of shape over $25 a year. The club does so much for charities and give aways for members it's amazing they only ask $25 a year from members. I haven't had a chance to make it to all the outings/meetings in the last few months because I have been super busy, but I have no doubt I will be renewing every year.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #12
MrsTXCamaro

I don't think it's as much about the money as is the way that people are pressured into it. At least that's what I've heard and now based on what I see here I can believe.

I mean lets see how the so called president comes on here and basically tells people who seem to be intrested in coming to an event that they can't come unless they pay the membership first. Is it the money, not really because you would spend almost half the dues just on the lunch but they way he comes across is actually kind of offensive to us non-members.

Then someone else who we assume is a "paid" member comes on here and basically says "hey, dumb ass, if you would read the posts from the lounge you would know this stuff". Thing is I have yet to find the so called lounge and I didn't see anything posted in the Lone Star Club section of this forum.

I don't know any of these people in the club and I'm only going by what I've heard and what I've read here on this forum but when I asked my salesman about any local clubs I was told basically what I've seen here so far. So, if the salesman already knows about it then it must be pretty evident that it's a common practice. From what I'm seeing here I'm starting to beleive what I've heard.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #13
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTXCamaro View Post
I don't think it's as much about the money as is the way that people are pressured into it. At least that's what I've heard and now based on what I see here I can believe.

I mean lets see how the so called president comes on here and basically tells people who seem to be intrested in coming to an event that they can't come unless they pay the membership first. Is it the money, not really because you would spend almost half the dues just on the lunch but they way he comes across is actually kind of offensive to us non-members.

Then someone else who we assume is a "paid" member comes on here and basically says "hey, dumb ass, if you would read the posts from the lounge you would know this stuff". Thing is I have yet to find the so called lounge and I didn't see anything posted in the Lone Star Club section of this forum.

I don't know any of these people in the club and I'm only going by what I've heard and what I've read here on this forum but when I asked my salesman about any local clubs I was told basically what I've seen here so far. So, if the salesman already knows about it then it must be pretty evident that it's a common practice. From what I'm seeing here I'm starting to beleive what I've heard.
Whoa, calm down. I didn't get "Hey dumb ass," from that post. The LSC forum is here (http://www.lonestarcamaro.com/forum.html), anyone can sign up, you don't have to pay.

No one is pressured to join, EVERY single event I can remember has been come one came all except for this December lunch (this is paid for by the club so that is why it is club members only, reservations have to be made so they can't just have anyone show up and not have room). You shouldn't believe everything you read here. There are to many keyboard warriors that make mountains out of mole hills. Register over on LSC, post/get to know the people, come to a gathering to get to know a few people in person and come back here to report how many times you got pressured to join.

There are some people that have a grudge against LSC, I don't know why, but they sure like to spread it around.

Come meet some folks in person and I'm sure you'll have a good time.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:17 AM   #14
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
Whoa, calm down. I didn't get "Hey dumb ass," from that post. The LSC forum is here (http://www.lonestarcamaro.com/forum.html), anyone can sign up, you don't have to pay.

No one is pressured to join, EVERY single event I can remember has been come one came all except for this December lunch (this is paid for by the club so that is why it is club members only, reservations have to be made so they can't just have anyone show up and not have room). You shouldn't believe everything you read here. There are to many keyboard warriors that make mountains out of mole hills. Register over on LSC, post/get to know the people, come to a gathering to get to know a few people in person and come back here to report how many times you got pressured to join.

There are some people that have a grudge against LSC, I don't know why, but they sure like to spread it around.

Come meet some folks in person and I'm sure you'll have a good time.
+1 Couldn't have said it better my self. I showed up. Hung out, and decided to join. Haven't regretted it for one second.

If anyone wants to see what this club is about they need to come check it out for themselves and not base there opinion on what someone else says.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote