Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #57
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4MB View Post
Basically that is what my dealer said and they are great to work with and on top of issues.

Did you get confirmation from GM or is that an assumption from your dealer? If GM had exposed inserts that passed QA for the cars that were already at 3000 and a new shipment of inserts came in that were bad then it could be true that they will be produced as orderd/accepted. If all of the inserts in stock were affected then how and when would the dealers be notified a change is needed on cars that were accepted for production with the exposed inserts?
My dealer called GM Production Control directly 2x to confirm. They told him all orders that were already accepted into production will not be affected by this week’s constraint; however, any orders that will be picked up going forward need to change their order, or pass on being picked up.

GM would have had to contact the dealers with those that were already at 3000 to let them know of the constraint and the need to change their order. To my knowledge, nobody that is at 3000 has received a call from their dealer’s regarding this change. Only those that are about to move to 3000.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #58
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
It sure sounds like no one is getting them at this time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Was just talking with Cheryl and John - and we are, at this time, not able to provide RPO "B92" -- the Exposed Carbon Fiber Hood Insert.

We are working through issues with this option and it will eventually be available both as an orderable option - or as a Service Part (meaning that you can have it installed at a later date)

While we regret that we can't offer it at Start of Production, we take actions such as this in the name of Product Quality which is always our first priority.Thus, you may want to discuss this with your dealer and remove the option for now.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #59
Disco

Drives: Not Available yet
Sorry about da bad news guys.
But on da bright side, if you wanted the carbon fiber insert with da black strip the option is there now. Meaning you can get the insert after you get your ZL1.

This was my plan from da get go....VR, black stripe and then later order the carbon insert.
2050 01/24/12

Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #60
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
My dealer got the same somewhat "generic" constraint memo. I have a ZL1 ordered & supposedly, the carbon fibre extractors were "in-stock" & slated to be installed in my car. My order went in as a preliminary, special order/build a LONG time ago, was accepted w/o changes prior to 12/20/2011 & is slated to be a "go" even with the CF hood element. However, that memo states that a car or cars ordered from CHEVY by MY dealership ARE on constraint. It just doesn't indicate which one or ones. They have 4 on order with 3 going to auction when delivered; they were ordered at different times. Can anyone tell from my order number if I am affected by this constraint?

My order # is QBPZM9
stymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #61
69NMYSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
My dealer got the same somewhat "generic" constraint memo. I have a ZL1 ordered & supposedly, the carbon fibre extractors were "in-stock" & slated to be installed in my car. My order went in as a preliminary, special order/build a LONG time ago, was accepted w/o changes prior to 12/20/2011 & is slated to be a "go" even with the CF hood element. However, that memo states that a car or cars ordered from CHEVY by MY dealership ARE on constraint. It just doesn't indicate which one or ones. They have 4 on order with 3 going to auction when delivered; they were ordered at different times. Can anyone tell from my order number if I am affected by this constraint?

My order # is QBPZM9
You need to have your dealer call GM Production Control and speak to them about your order. My dealership did this and two separate people at production control told him that all orders that went to 3000 on 12/20 would not be affected by the constraint as the parts are already slated for production. They were also told the constraint is related to "renegotiations" on the price per unit of the exposed inserts.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #62
Z4MB

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #272, 00 GTP, 00 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
You need to have your dealer call GM Production Control and speak to them about your order. My dealership did this and two separate people at production control told him that all orders that went to 3000 on 12/20 would not be affected by the constraint as the parts are already slated for production. They were also told the constraint is related to "renegotiations" on the price per unit of the exposed inserts.
Sounds good as my order went to 3000 on 12/20 as well. I sent my dealer an email to confirm but maybe fbodfather can set us straight so everyone does not need to pester their dealers.
Z4MB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #63
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
69NMYSS... that's pretty much what I posted the other day & yes, I should be at 3000; at least that's what my dealership tells me. I just talked to them about my order & supposedly we are among very few folks who will see the exposed weave CF on our cars in 2012. My sales rep told me that it was highly likely that the constraint had absolutely NOTHING to do with QC, but a renegotiated price for the balance of production as they did NOT anticipate so many buyers going for the exposed weave CF hood element.
stymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #64
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Well, it's official for me as well. Called my sales manager and he has been allocated one of the two 2012 ZL1's for this allocation cycle. That allocation is for my order. I told him to just pass my order up and I'll wait for his second, and likely last, allocation for the 2012 model year. I really hope GM can resolve the issue by the time that second allocation gets picked up, whenever that may be. It's a roll of the dice that I hope pays off with something other than frustration.

BTW, the ZL1 order he is placing is for a stock vehicle since they still don't have a customer for the other allocation. Please feel free to PM me if interested, he's a good, but busy guy who is selling for MSRP. You'd have to contact him very soon before he finalizes his stock order if you want the order to your specs.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #65
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Well, it's official for me as well. Called my sales manager and he has been allocated one of the two 2012 ZL1's for this allocation cycle. That allocation is for my order. I told him to just pass my order up and I'll wait for his second, and likely last, allocation for the 2012 model year. I really hope GM can resolve the issue by the time that second allocation gets picked up, whenever that may be. It's a roll of the dice that I hope pays off with something other than frustration.

BTW, the ZL1 order he is placing is for a stock vehicle since they still don't have a customer for the other allocation. Please feel free to PM me if interested, he's a good, but busy guy who is selling for MSRP. You'd have to contact him very soon before he finalizes his stock order if you want the order to your specs.
My dealer just called me also. He is showing B92 on constraint less than 4 weeks. I took a gamble also and told him to pass based on the four week or lees wait. I hope he is right because I will not pass on the next allocation.
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #66
bbboomer54

Drives: Loving my ZL1
We waited patiently while GM spoon fed us ordering and option info. Why cant they do the right thing and owe it to us. That way we will still be original with our orders.

Last edited by bbboomer54; 01-08-2012 at 08:46 AM.
bbboomer54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:33 PM   #67
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Surenuff, im positive there will be plenty of aftermarket support for the carbon fiber insert. may not be a bad idea to keep your allocation. if no one picks up on their 1st they might get passed on the second. It would be a big gamble which might end you up with a 2013. If they are still getting it no matter what for the dealership then you should be fine. check with them to be sure unless someone here knows for sure if thats how it works.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #68
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
Surenuff, im positive there will be plenty of aftermarket support for the carbon fiber insert. may not be a bad idea to keep your allocation. if no one picks up on their 1st they might get passed on the second. It would be a big gamble which might end you up with a 2013. If they are still getting it no matter what for the dealership then you should be fine. check with them to be sure unless someone here knows for sure if thats how it works.

My dealer is not going to lose this first allocation, they are ordering the first one for stock. They still have one available for the 2012 model year. I feel pretty safe and confident with my decision.

It actually may work out better. I'll hopefully get the OEM exposed insert delivered from the factory, which is important to me, and I'll likely avoid a March/April delivery. The downside is I may have to wait a little longer than I prefer for my 2012 ZL1, but that's ok, I have years of training.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:57 PM   #69
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
Have we had some kind of confirmation on whether people sitting at 3000 ar actually okay? I havent been contacted by my dealer and it seems like this is the case for everyone else sitting at 3000... Does that mean we're good to go?
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #70
69NMYSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDew View Post
Have we had some kind of confirmation on whether people sitting at 3000 ar actually okay? I havent been contacted by my dealer and it seems like this is the case for everyone else sitting at 3000... Does that mean we're good to go?
That's what I was told by my dealer who contacted GM Production Control 2x. They said all cars picked up on 12/20 at 3000 were good to go as they already had enough quality exposed CF hoods to cover those initial orders. I wish we had more confirmation on this. I expect my car will be finished in next few weeks so would be nice to know for sure. GM needs to send out a memo for those orders that were already at 3000.