Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-28-2011, 10:43 AM   #113
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
When I was at the track a month ago I ran a best of 5.55 according to my Beltronics GX 2 Accelerometer. According to the calculator Scmring provided it shows a time of 5.45
Good times Mike. and Scrming with the Brick, thats as good a SS is. Very good.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #114
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
So I definitely believe 4.xx in the V6 is doable with just bolt-ons... ok.. lots of bolt-ons and sticky tires! LOL!

My best 0-60 MPH with the Brick using the Dashhawk is:

If however I use my 1/8th ET/MPH from a timeslip (which was NOT my best 1/4 mile ET/MPH, stupid HEADWIND!) I end up with 4.73 seconds! Not too shabby! LOL!
Wow...that is quick! lol.

Well like I said, I still feel with a better launch I can achieve a 5.8 or 5.7 with the Torque app. Now if I had sticky tires, I believe a mid to low 5 second run would be easily doable.

Then again, I did these runs in 40 or so degree weather....and I never once managed to not get any wheel spin. Actually my fastest recorded run was when I stepped on the gas between 900 to 1000 rpm, while on the others I was launching around 1,100 to 1,200 rpm. Maybe I need to launch from idle? lol. (Didn't try heating my tires up...not worth it to me to waste my tire tread while just trying to do some 0 - 60 runs on a back street somewhere).

On the weather note, I wonder if cooler weather (which is worse for traction) is better for these kinds of runs, or warmer weather? (which would be worse for power)
Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #115
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
ONLY JOHN....Can pull off bringing the red brick into a Camaro forum and getting love and respect from c5 owners lol
4.8 is amazing! Considering weight and everything, WOW. Cant wait to see what else you do with the Taxi John
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:47 PM   #116
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
[QUOTE=KMPrenger;4227823]Wow...that is quick! lol.

Well like I said, I still feel with a better launch I can achieve a 5.8 or 5.7 with the Torque app. Now if I had sticky tires, I believe a mid to low 5 second run would be easily doable.

Then again, I did these runs in 40 or so degree weather....and I never once managed to not get any wheel spin. Actually my fastest recorded run was when I stepped on the gas between 900 to 1000 rpm, while on the others I was launching around 1,100 to 1,200 rpm. Maybe I need to launch from idle? lol. (Didn't try heating my tires up...not worth it to me to waste my tire tread while just trying to do some 0 - 60 runs on a back street somewhere).

On the weather note, I wonder if cooler weather (which is worse for traction) is better for these kinds of runs, or warmer weather? (which would be worse for power)[/QUOTE]

Slicks FTW, at the track anyway. The colder the better. I ran the exact setup and close 60' with the temp @ 48* = 13.6, 42* = 13.45

37* next time maybe,

Using John's calculater for 0-60mph on my recent best runs on different days, same DA, same track, same setup:

13.61 = 4.87 @48*
13.45 = 4.73 @42*

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned

Last edited by 67 GTO; 12-28-2011 at 03:47 PM.
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #117
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
[QUOTE=67 GTO;4228198]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Wow...that is quick! lol.

On the weather note, I wonder if cooler weather (which is worse for traction) is better for these kinds of runs, or warmer weather? (which would be worse for power)[/QUOTE]

Slicks FTW, at the track anyway. The colder the better. I ran the exact setup and close 60' with the temp @ 48* = 13.6, 42* = 13.45

37* next time maybe,

Using John's calculater for 0-60mph on my best runs on different days, same DA, same setup:

13.61 = 4.87 @48*
13.45 = 4.73 @42*
Thats nice! I need to get some track wheels soon and test out all my mods to see how I compare against you all XD
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #118
KMPrenger

Hrmm..and this is where the skeptic in me comes out lol.

67GTO is running similar mods to me in addition to shorty headers and a pulley....AND slicks (the big difference) and according to this calculator pulling times over a second better than my Torque app is showing me.

I think this is where I should be posting this video: (I've posted it a few other times...but once more can't hurt can it? lol)

I would expect slicks to knock that time back to mid to low 5s...but not mid 4s. I'm not saying your wrong GTO...just wondering if maybe I should be giving my car more credit lol.

I don't have a comparison video of my speedo compared to this so again, don't know how accurate the app really is...but I don't think it is far off.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #119
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Hrmm..and this is where the skeptic in me comes out lol.

67GTO is running similar mods to me in addition to shorty headers and a pulley....AND slicks (the big difference) and according to this calculator pulling times over a second better than my Torque app is showing me.

I think this is where I should be posting this video: (I've posted it a few other times...but once more can't hurt can it? lol)

I would expect slicks to knock that time back to mid to low 5s...but not mid 4s. I'm not saying your wrong GTO...just wondering if maybe I should be giving my car more credit lol.

I don't have a comparison video of my speedo compared to this so again, don't know how accurate the app really is...but I don't think it is far off.
Oh, just MAN UP and take your car to the TRACK!!!! LOL
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #120
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I like your videos km!!! Your car sounds pretty good to.
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #121
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97one View Post

What 0-60mph times have you got with your 2010 V6 CAMARO ?

These are the times I got.
On level ground with 3/8 tank of gas , The Starts were from idle, in SPOPT mode & W/traction control ON............Which gave a Great start: not too much wheel spin.
5 runs: 5.70, 5.72, 5.76, 5.85 & 6.01 secs. (Last run was w/2 persons)

I used a MATRIX 3-axis accellerometer to get the results.

Does anybody know what HP Factor to use for the V6 to get Peak and avg. Horsepower readings ?
I tried 1.00 & 1.25 but they are to low.

Any input ?
Thanks

I got 4.1 sec, 0-60 times using this....
Attached Images

PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:09 PM   #122
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
I used the calc on my Time slips and it came out to 5.02 - I've noticed that the 1/4 formulas are off for the llt. Not sure why. This formula may be off as well. But I tend to agree 4.xxx is doable with great traction.

Quote:
Take a look at this:

http://www.wallaceracing.com/0-60_equation.php

I plugged my time slips in and it comes out very close to what my Dashhawk says my 0-60s are... So I would say they the calculations from the 1/8th stats must be pretty good...

So I plugged the 1/8th stats from the 1/8th "bolt-on" list in for ROD1 (top of the list) and it came out 4.76 seconds.

Then I plugged in 67 GTO's stats and came up with 5.07 seconds..

So I definitely believe 4.xx in the V6 is doable with just bolt-ons... ok.. lots of bolt-ons and sticky tires! LOL!

My best 0-60 MPH with the Brick using the Dashhawk is:

If however I use my 1/8th ET/MPH from a timeslip (which was NOT my best 1/4 mile ET/MPH, stupid HEADWIND!) I end up with 4.73 seconds! Not too shabby! LOL!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #123
KMPrenger

Quote:
Oh, just MAN UP and take your car to the TRACK!!!! LOL
Trust me when I say I'd love to, but I wasn't real keen on the idea of driving 3 hours to get to the nearest track (yes I know...you've driven much much further than that for some drag racing lol). The Kansas city international raceway and the St. Louis gateway park are both equal distances from me, in opposite directions......but now I found out that sadly they both closed down this year! :(

Apparantly, the Gateway park is supposed to bought out and re-open in 2012 (it is where the 2010 LSX shootout was held) but I don't think they hold public drags often. On the other hand, the KCIR held fun drags several nights a week which sounds great, but their last event was in November (I had no idea until just now when I looked it up lol). There is hope that it will either get to re-open or they will be able to move to a new location, but don't know about all that.

Sorry for the long story lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingcamaro View Post
I like your videos km!!! Your car sounds pretty good to.
Thanks man!

Lets see more 0 - 60 times!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #124
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Trust me when I say I'd love to, but I wasn't real keen on the idea of driving 3 hours to get to the nearest track (yes I know...you've driven much much further than that for some drag racing lol). The Kansas city international raceway and the St. Louis gateway park are both equal distances from me, in opposite directions......but now I found out that sadly they both closed down this year! :(

Apparantly, the Gateway park is supposed to bought out and re-open in 2012 (it is where the 2010 LSX shootout was held) but I don't think they hold public drags often. On the other hand, the KCIR held fun drags several nights a week which sounds great, but their last event was in November (I had no idea until just now when I looked it up lol). There is hope that it will either get to re-open or they will be able to move to a new location, but don't know about all that.

Sorry for the long story lol.
One word for you:

CAMAROFEST!!!

It's only 6.5 hours away from you! YOU NEED TO GO!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #125
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
One word for you:

CAMAROFEST!!!

It's only 6.5 hours away from you! YOU NEED TO GO!!!

I have cancelled my plans to follow part of the HOT ROD POWER TOUR (that starts within an hour from my house) so that I can add the CAMAROFEST to my schedule instead.

Hope to see many of you guys and gals out there this year.

Now back to the 0 - 60 times.

and NO you cannot use your wrist watch........
Old 01-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #126
KMPrenger

Had my car out for a little drive today and decided I wanted to try some more 0 -60 runs again and see if I could best my previous 5.9.

Well...I did!...barely lol. I got two 5.8 second runs. Not sure I'll be able to get much better than that without stickier tires out back. Then I think doing mid 5s would be a piece o cake as currently she just spins, the TC kicks in and then she takes off.

Car is running strong with the VR + RX TB + and the tune.

Here is the video: