Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #43
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
And to clarify....no where am I or did I "Bash" Moroso.....the products are top notch for the most part, and some are second to none. But you cant get past the pull through oil test. You can make a clear beer can and see oil trapped......ANY container with crankcase gasses routed through it will catch oil. The point of all this (that you seem to continue to ignore) is the can allows oil to pass through into the intake air charge. It cost $8-12 plus 5 minutes.....no special anything else to test ANY can for oil pull through....so, why would you be afraid to do this simple test and see for yourself what we and others have already done? And then do the modification I describe and try again to see the inprovement.

Again, no slam......I dont think you can find anyone that has done more research, and more testing on this subject than we have....no where. I also have offered, free, no obligation, to show you how to improve the product and make it function better (hardley the actions of someone "bashing our company" as you clearly have not read my posts) but you choose to ignore this and that is your right. What I do is for the benefit of all members, and again, if you would actually read my posts I endorse a bunch of direct competitors that have products that work very well. Why not take the 5 minutes to install a clear glass inline filter and see for yourself? Or have you and this is the response? The solution to make the can more effective is simple, and will result in a lower cost to produce.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #44
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
Call them and ask.....I think you will be surprised. The first one was damaged by the postal service.
Doesn't matter to me, I have a lot of other things that need my attention than testing catch cans. And, I have what I want installed in my vehicle just asking what the verdict was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsxck View Post
LOL. god forbid there should be another catch can on the market...
Rx wont leave any other can alone until they beat it to death.
Seen this over and over in here.. This thread is about a Morosso can but Rx is in here preaching the same crap over and over. The rx can is good but isnt the best can on the market. It's just the most over hyped on this website.
I don't get it either. Salesman I guess.

Last edited by calbert1999; 03-23-2012 at 12:58 PM.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #45
SC2150
Account Suspended

Call them, unless you dont talk to them after your build.....they are a very respected shop and we were impressed with their work. That would be the best way to get a straight answer, wouldn't it? Un-biased is usually the best info.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #46
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Call them, unless you dont talk to them after your build.....they are a very respected shop and we were impressed with their work. That would be the best way to get a straight answer, wouldn't it? Un-biased is usually the best info.
I speak with SPI folks on a regular basis, but not about catch cans.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #47
SC2150
Account Suspended

So you dont want to know? Why ask then? The important thing is your happy with it as is so it dosent matter, does it.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #48
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I speak with SPI folks on a regular basis, but not about catch cans.
It was because of you that they were sent, or I assume SC2150 sent, a catch can in the first place. Surely they've updated you. You do realize that relaying what they tell you will carry a lot of weight. Heck I like to hear the findings, no matter the outcome.

Tracy, may assume you know their findings but would rather it come from someone without a horse in the race?

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #49
Stealth6

Drives: '17 GT350
Nice...

Mr. Schroeder, I really enjoyed the link that you've provided. Initially, your Moroso Air/Oil Separator was recommended to me by several of my co-workers. These guys are aircraft mechanics for Delta Air Lines here in Boston. As enthusiasts, they are constantly modifying their Vettes, Porsche's and Cobra GT500's. They often race them on weekends in New Hampshire. These are the same guys that can overhaul a 777, GE90 engine that can produce approx. 115,000 lbs. of thrust. These guys know their cars and airctraft..... they would never recommend a product that would not produce expected results.

On the end note, I would also like to tell you that your Air/Oil Separator is Outstanding! I'm really glad that I've chosen Moroso. Thank you...
Stealth6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #50
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
It was because of you that they were sent, or I assume SC2150 sent, a catch can in the first place. Surely they've updated you. You do realize that relaying what they tell you will carry a lot of weight. Heck I like to hear the findings, no matter the outcome.

Tracy, may assume you know their findings but would rather it come from someone without a horse in the race?
For me? I"m no stakeholder in any of this.
That deal was made between those parties that have something to gain from such a venture. As I've said so many times before, I have no horse in the race. It doesn't matter to me how well it works or doesn't work. I have no intention of putting any other can in my vehicle, because I'm very satisfied with the Moroso product and the work SPI has done to setup and install it and the feedback they gave me about it. So, it's a mute point for me to get into any further. Whoever's vehicle they test it in should be the individual giving feedback.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #51
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
For me? I"m no stakeholder in any of this.
That deal was made between those parties that have something to gain from such a venture. As I've said so many times before, I have no horse in the race. It doesn't matter to me how well it works or doesn't work. I have no intention of putting any other can in my vehicle, because I'm very satisfied with the Moroso product and the work SPI has done to setup and install it and the feedback they gave me about it. So, it's a mute point for me to get into any further. Whoever's vehicle they test it in should be the individual giving feedback.
Yeah I'm no stakeholder either. My curiousity and need to know sometimes gets the best of me, and sometimes costs me money. I was all happy with my first catch can, cold air intake etc, until I started testing things. Sure glad I've not got into the more expensive stuff like I did on my last car. It took 3 cams before I found the best one...for me

She is only memory now.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #52
SC2150
Account Suspended

At this time it's clear that this has become more of a needless fight then anyone truely wanting to learn or improve the product they choose so I'm bowing out. And SPI got the can because they and calbert asked for it to try and see...they conacted me at calberts request and we provided them the cans to test and compare.....it is up to them to post and report, not me....that would be meaningless, and I have to say as far as aerospace workers and catchcans on jets could not be further apart than anything I could imagine as it relates to a internal combustions PCV system. This startedas the OP asking for information on the can....and we had done extensive testing and responded with all the info anyone could want and went even further to explain how to easily it could be modified to be even more functional.....somehow all that got lost in meaningless arguing about everything but the facts and how anyone can test ANY can including mine.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #53
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Quote:
At this time it's clear that this has become more of a needless fight then anyone truely wanting to learn or improve the product they choose so I'm bowing out. And SPI got the can because they and calbert asked for it to try and see...they conacted me at calberts request and we provided them the cans to test and compare.....it is up to them to post and report, not me....that would be meaningless, and I have to say as far as aerospace workers and catchcans on jets could not be further apart than anything I could imagine as it relates to a internal combustions PCV system. This startedas the OP asking for information on the can....and we had done extensive testing and responded with all the info anyone could want and went even further to explain how to easily it could be modified to be even more functional.....somehow all that got lost in meaningless arguing about everything but the facts and how anyone can test ANY can including mine.

Obviously a mis-communication.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #54
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
How does this Moroso can do with a centrifugal/turbo? When under boost the intake is under positive pressure and will not pull the crankcase pressure thru the can, at least it seems.

Shouldn't there also be a line going to the inlet of the centri/turbo intake so the crankcase is being relieved of pressure/vapors etc. when the car is under boost.

Or should a 2nd can be installed that Tees into the line that connects to the valley cover port/drivers side valve cover and the other going to the inlet tube just prior to the centri/turbo

I know RX makes a dual valve can for this exact situation.
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:44 PM   #55
Mailman04222

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2lt rs
Would you install a catch can on a V6 as well? wondering if I should add one to my list of goodies with a cold air intake...
Mailman04222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #56
IndeedSS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman04222 View Post
Would you install a catch can on a V6 as well? wondering if I should add one to my list of goodies with a cold air intake...

Yep.

She is only memory now.