Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #57
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
Did you say you were going to paint your caliper?!
cuz i really want to do that too... but to tell you the truth.. i have no idea how im going to do it.. knowing me ill make a mess and paint everything
Yes. I will. I just gotta get the paint i want to use. If you want ill let you know when i will be doing it and you can come over to my house and well get urs painted as well..

Actually that is my next mod. Hopefully. Paint for the car. Will hit the engine cover, fuse box cover, intake, calipers. And probably whatever elze i can think off
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM   #58
MUSCLEIT

Drives: 2010 REDLINE EDITION#46
Sorry way to busy.. take off hood stripes,and leave them off...
Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #59
LS3 SS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Did you say you were going to paint your caliper?!
cuz i really want to do that too... but to tell you the truth.. i have no idea how im going to do it.. knowing me ill make a mess and paint everything
You shouldn't make a mess if you remove the calipers from the car. If you are thinking about doing it any other way, I highly suggest that you don't.
LS3 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #60
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3 SS View Post
You shouldn't make a mess if you remove the calipers from the car. If you are thinking about doing it any other way, I highly suggest that you don't.
well you see.. if i took them by myself... i would probably end out breaking them or something.... i have no experience in auto parts like taking apart and stuff
actually kinda sad.. but im learning!
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #61
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Yes. I will. I just gotta get the paint i want to use. If you want ill let you know when i will be doing it and you can come over to my house and well get urs painted as well..

Actually that is my next mod. Hopefully. Paint for the car. Will hit the engine cover, fuse box cover, intake, calipers. And probably whatever elze i can think off
yeah that would be great! ive been looking for someone who knows what theyre doing to help me out. i wanted to get it painted before going down to INDY500.

what type of paint are you going to get? i have no idea what im suppose to get besides the caliper paint at pep boys lol
Old 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #62
Wuiquen

Quote:
yeah that would be great! ive been looking for someone who knows what theyre doing to help me out. i wanted to get it painted before going down to INDY500.

what type of paint are you going to get? i have no idea what im suppose to get besides the caliper paint at pep boys lol
Im going to use engine paint from duplicolor orange red. What color do u want??? Nooo way im using a brush paint to do this. I did before and it comes off when u spray ur car with water.. this time i will use real paint.. deciding if i need self etching primer or no.. just so it adheres better to the caliper. Then apply a coat of clear coat.. and good to go
Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 PM   #63
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
Im going to use engine paint from duplicolor orange red. What color do u want??? Nooo way im using a brush paint to do this. I did before and it comes off when u spray ur car with water.. this time i will use real paint.. deciding if i need self etching primer or no.. just so it adheres better to the caliper. Then apply a coat of clear coat.. and good to go
yeah i was looking at Duplicolor RED for mine. i was going to use the brush paint but i guess thats not a good idea.. lol
hmm im not even sure.. probably a good idea to go with the self etching primer
Old 04-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #64
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Your car looks awesome man! From the pics it looks like the hood stripes match quite well with the side stripes but in person maybe not, IDK! Love the wheels and black outs, love the side stripes, maybe remove the factory Camaro emblem and leave blank or a flag or something not too big in it's place!

Definatley would look killer if you lowered, and I think the painted calipers would be a perfect mod! Very nice job overall!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #65
Maro99

Drives: Heel toe express..
As long as you like it thats all that matters, no matter what you do some will love it and some will hate it.. I think it looks good, but I would make a few changes. Since you asked, heres my opinion on what I would do.. I would get rid of the IOM stripes and go with black. You can never go wrong with black and white as your main color scheme. If you like the IOM I would use that as a accent color but dont over do it. Calipers IOM and maybe the bowties would be more subtle. IMO 3 different colors is to much when used in excess. Also the Camaro in the rear is huge.. Just my opinions.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #66
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Your car looks awesome man! From the pics it looks like the hood stripes match quite well with the side stripes but in person maybe not, IDK! Love the wheels and black outs, love the side stripes, maybe remove the factory Camaro emblem and leave blank or a flag or something not too big in it's place!

Definatley would look killer if you lowered, and I think the painted calipers would be a perfect mod! Very nice job overall!
Hey mike, thnks for the comments.. i probably will do the drop soon. Met with a member today running eibach and his car looks amazing. It is a must.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #67
Wuiquen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro99 View Post
As long as you like it thats all that matters, no matter what you do some will love it and some will hate it.. I think it looks good, but I would make a few changes. Since you asked, heres my opinion on what I would do.. I would get rid of the IOM stripes and go with black. You can never go wrong with black and white as your main color scheme. If you like the IOM I would use that as a accent color but dont over do it. Calipers IOM and maybe the bowties would be more subtle. IMO 3 different colors is to much when used in excess. Also the Camaro in the rear is huge.. Just my opinions.
Thank u. I like to hear different ideas. I am trying to get some bacl on the sides too to match the blackout panels.. as for the size of the camaro in the rear, i didnt want smll leter. I guess its a personal preference.