Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #43
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Ahh!!!!!!!!!! I'm in the Land of GIANTS,5'7 so I have to raise the seat,sorry you can't enjoy a Camaro with sunroof or without
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #44
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Where is the OP???

Kelpie???

did you try lowering the seat???
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:42 AM   #45
Mavtop
2SS CGM with IOT

Drives: 2010 2SS CGM with IOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRFnSNO View Post
Haf a Good 3 Fingers of head room 1.5" - 2"2
You got skinny fingers, mine are all a little more than an inch wide.
Mavtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:44 AM   #46
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
OK just measured them. More like 2.5"
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:50 AM   #47
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
There is no way you lowered the seat. I am 6' 2" (torso tall) and I can wear a baseball cap easily in the Camaro. I can lower the seat enough that I can't see over the dash. I would venture to say that it has more potential headroom than my Silverado.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #48
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
have not had a single customer sit in the car with the seat lowered and all the way back and say that it was lacking on headroom. not sure on everyone's height, but some very tall folks.

will take some getting used to if your 6'5 or so, but it can be done
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 10:14 AM   #49
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
Wow im glad im in good company with Kelpie and snizzle. I ordered from Heritage and they're a great dealer. I saw the silver RS at the unveiling but went there late the other night and it was gone. Does anyone know what happened to it? I would have loved to go back and check it out without the dozens of people.

Otherwise, I heard that the taller guys fit well in the camaro...that sucks tho

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8A9118043
Finally Home! (6/16)
Red Hot SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:26 AM   #50
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
i can tell you with sports cars thats as good as its going to get. Ive had two different Firebirds ridden in mustangs, and they are the most spacious of vehicles. And if they made cars for you ARENT vertically challenged it would totally change the sports car and wouldnt fit the majority of us. But I can tell you if you play around with the seats and all you might get it. But i can also say that you dont see a whole lot of big guys owning these cars.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #51
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
I'm 6'2" and that was my only complaint. Not really the headroom but the smaller windows makes it hard for me to see from side to side. It sure is much better than the 4th Gen when that roof support about knocked me in the face getting in and out. Too bad the seat doesn't go lower or add about an inch to the windows size. I thought to myself if I have to crawl out of this car I'm screwed, otherwise the car is 99% perfect.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #52
BlackRaptor

Drives: 08 GMC Sierra, 07 G6 GT
I'm 6'3" and I thought the head room was fine once I configured the seat. the one i also sat in had a sun roof. My head did feel close to the roof but it didn't really bother me.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #53
sid99
Nemesis

Drives: 03 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
Send a message via MSN to sid99 Send a message via Skype™ to sid99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
I am 6' 4" and have more room in the power seat version of the 2SS Camaro.
same here i fit fine!

Ordered 2010 Black on Black, 2SS, RS, Sunroof, ground effects, 6M, Black 21" wheels

:fighting0040:
sid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:11 AM   #54
Kelpie
Camaro prospect

Drives: 08 Chevy Colorado, 04 Impala
Sorry I haven't replied to my own thread since I'm a truck driver and have been gone a couple of days. I did lower the seat (power) all the way, and my head was about 1/2 inch from the headliner. The Challenger had good headroom compared to the Camaro. After seeing the Camaro in person, I'm not real crazy about the chopped top look Chevy is going with on the Camaro. My wife has an 08 Malibu and it has the chopped top look too, but with more headroom. My Impala has some bigtime headroom, though, but I had to alter the seat so it would slide back further. I guess in a perfect world, the cars would fit the vertically challenged folks as well as the tall folks. BTW on my road tractor, I had to have the seat altered so it could slide back an extra 2 inches. Freightliner makes an adapter plate for this purpose. This will be a problem I will always have to deal with.
Kelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #55
Beechdoctor

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelpie View Post
Sorry I haven't replied to my own thread since I'm a truck driver and have been gone a couple of days. I did lower the seat (power) all the way, and my head was about 1/2 inch from the headliner. The Challenger had good headroom compared to the Camaro. After seeing the Camaro in person, I'm not real crazy about the chopped top look Chevy is going with on the Camaro. My wife has an 08 Malibu and it has the chopped top look too, but with more headroom. My Impala has some bigtime headroom, though, but I had to alter the seat so it would slide back further. I guess in a perfect world, the cars would fit the vertically challenged folks as well as the tall folks. BTW on my road tractor, I had to have the seat altered so it could slide back an extra 2 inches. Freightliner makes an adapter plate for this purpose. This will be a problem I will always have to deal with.

Some perfer a more vertical seat back position. I'm 6'5" and with the power seat reclined a bit, I have about 1.5" of head room the way I adjust the chair. Still not a lot, but I'm good with it and no....rear seat passengers have not leg room behind me...but pleanty of leg room for me. The Dodge's do have more headroom...they are a bigger car.

To each his/her own...the chopped-top look of the camaro is a big part of the appeal for me. Silmilar but roomier than the Corvette, the Camaro may not have the utility of some of the other retro-pony cars, but a true work of art by comparison...IMHO!
Beechdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #56
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'd blame it on angle preference as much as lack of clearance. I'm 5'10" with a normal torso and I sat in a few Camaros with sunroofs (never had a chance to sit in one without actually) and there was next to no clearance above my head. I couldn't adjust the seats when I sat in them. But I felt like I was very upright. In my own car I can adjust it so that my head hits the roof, but when I'm driving I have about at least 3 inches of space.

But if you are tall and like to sit upright ... well you're not going to be comfortable in the Camaro, there's just not enough room.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote