Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
My 2LT RS Camaro vs. The Charger R/T experience

Ok, yesterday I went to scoop up one of my partners in the hood around 5:45pm in my new 2LT RS. Those that know about "the hood" know its always people outside. Especially when the weather is nice. So I get there and a few other of my folks have their cars out there. Its a CLK500 and a Dodge Charger R/T. Of course, the obvious happened. The guy with the Charger R/T start talking shit about lets race, how his V8 will burn my V6 and blah blah blah...I'm not the type that gives into peer pressure and I definitely don't do street racing so I said maybe another time we can dance but right now this is to new and the engine needs to be broke in. And in my mind I'm like man he has a V8 so my V6 can't do nothing with that.....I mean I'm not too car literate but I do know that a V8 should have more Horsepower than V6 last time I checked...So this joker hops in his cars pulls beside me and start doing burnouts. So as I'm leaving I see him waiting for me and still BSing. Then he followed me because he knew where I was going and he knew the street I would take has a nice 3 lane straight away. Yall, as humble I was trying to be I couldn't take it no more. So we got side by side and said GO! All I remember is hearing our engines "take a deep breath" and seeing his car getting smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror...He called me and said we didn't really race because I took off faster than he did (No shit) so we gotta have to do it again...It could happen again, but I want to keep my car healthy. All that racing stuff on the street is not worth it to me. Now I'm not knocking folks for liking those Chargers, but I personally think they are some garbage. I had one as a rental last month and couldn't wait to get rid of it. But anywho, I just thought I'd share that story with you folks.

Now on my way to work though I saw a new Mustang GT and that thang was nasty. The driver looked at me and smiled but I stayed in my lane cuz I know I didn't want any parts of that. Maybe if I had an SS I would have given him the stare down but I know my limits. lol

Last edited by Richochet83; 05-21-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Awesome story! Yeah, Chargers are fugly, really can't stand those things. And I have a feeling he might get his butt beat in any other races you two end up having
Old 05-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
WhoDat24
Geaux Saints Geaux

Drives: Bumblebee. 2SS/RS (#88**)
2010 Camaro > Mustang GT
WhoDat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Good job!! He's probably at the Chevy dealership right now trading his car in.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Yeah, did a lil research... his charger R/T weighs in at 4031 lbs and has 368 HP... 0-60 times are right around 6.0 seconds, so the V6 Camaros are definitely capable of holding their own there
Old 05-21-2009, 10:59 AM   #6
BlackRaptor

Drives: 08 GMC Sierra, 07 G6 GT
Friend of mine's dad has a Charger R/T and we took that thing out and drove the crap out of it one night and honestly I was not impressed in the least by it. it didn't pull like a thouht the all powerful Hemi would. it felt really large and mellow to me. good cruiser but really didn't feel sporty at all. I would be suprised if the edge mustang 00-04 GT would have any trouble out running it and thats a 260hp car.
*edit* the one I was riding in was a 05 i think which google said was 350hp i never would have guessed it had that much HP it didn't feel fast at all.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
I love it.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Stop street racing. You're going to kill somebody!

If you think you're bad ass take it to a track.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post

2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

Dude, you should put it in an episode.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:

nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #12
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
street racing = bad

kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:47 PM   #13
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
Quote:

Please notice that I clearly said, "All that racing stuff on the street is not worth it to me."
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #14
MaroSS
ZL1

Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richochet83 View Post
Ok, yesterday I went to scoop up one of my partners in the hood around 5:45pm in my new 2LT RS. Those that know about "the hood" know its always people outside. Especially when the weather is nice. So I get there and a few other of my folks have their cars out there. Its a CLK500 and a Dodge Charger R/T. Of course, the obvious happened. The guy with the Charger R/T start talking shit about lets race, how his V8 will burn my V6 and blah blah blah...I'm not the type that gives into peer pressure and I definitely don't do street racing so I said maybe another time we can dance but right now this is to new and the engine needs to be broke in. And in my mind I'm like man he has a V8 so my V6 can't do nothing with that.....I mean I'm not too car literate but I do know that a V8 should have more Horsepower than V6 last time I checked...So this joker hops in his cars pulls beside me and start doing burnouts. So as I'm leaving I see him waiting for me and still BSing. Then he followed me because he knew where I was going and he knew the street I would take has a nice 3 lane straight away. Yall, as humble I was trying to be I couldn't take it no more. So we got side by side and said GO! All I remember is hearing our engines "take a deep breath" and seeing his car getting smaller and smaller in my rearview mirror...He called me and said we didn't really race because I took off faster than he did (No shit) so we gotta have to do it again...It could happen again, but I want to keep my car healthy. All that racing stuff on the street is not worth it to me. Now I'm not knocking folks for liking those Chargers, but I personally think they are some garbage. I had one as a rental last month and couldn't wait to get rid of it. But anywho, I just thought I'd share that story with you folks.

Now on my way to work though I saw a new Mustang GT and that thang was nasty. The driver looked at me and smiled but I stayed in my lane cuz I know I didn't want any parts of that. Maybe if I had an SS I would have given him the stare down but I know my limits. lol
Great story ... bet you got alot of attention, especially in the hood lol ... but dang that sucks I know exactly what you went through with that type of experience, I had a Charger SRT8 and a R/T guy always wanted to race ... Why would an R/T guy want to do a thing like that? Ima just start calling times like this an R/T mentality ... Great victory though