Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-05-2012, 06:47 AM   #1
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
every morning

So every morning when I walk into my garage to head into work I see our SS sittin there and it makes me all warm n toasty inside. I love walking out and seeing my dream car sitting there waiting to be turned on.

Yet every Monday thru Thursday I walk straight past his gorgeous SGM paint and get in my DD, open the garage door and back out. The blood in my arms goes cold and begs me to pull back into the garage and go crank the 400 HP monster sitting there and take him into work for the day. That's about the time that the sensible side of me compares the 30 MPG i get in my DD to the 17 MPG I get when I drive him. As the door closes though I get a feeling of satisfaction by knowing that the car I have lusted for since I was 12 will be sitting in my garage when i get home that afternoon.

I know i get to have my fun with him on the weekends, which are always 3 day weekends for me, but it's just tough every morning leaving when he is staring at me begging to be driven. Does anyone else have this same kind of battle with themselves every morning? :seesaw:
Old 06-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #2
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrandMrsNinja View Post
So every morning when I walk into my garage to head into work I see our SS sittin there and it makes me all warm n toasty inside. I love walking out and seeing my dream car sitting there waiting to be turned on.

Yet every Monday thru Thursday I walk straight past his gorgeous SGM paint and get in my DD, open the garage door and back out. The blood in my arms goes cold and begs me to pull back into the garage and go crank the 400 HP monster sitting there and take him into work for the day. That's about the time that the sensible side of me compares the 30 MPG i get in my DD to the 17 MPG I get when I drive him. As the door closes though I get a feeling of satisfaction by knowing that the car I have lusted for since I was 12 will be sitting in my garage when i get home that afternoon.

I know i get to have my fun with him on the weekends, which are always 3 day weekends for me, but it's just tough every morning leaving when he is staring at me begging to be driven. Does anyone else have this same kind of battle with themselves every morning? :seesaw:

haha good story. And Nope, thats why I bought and LS. its my DD
Old 06-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
I drive mine every day to work thank God for the V6. Gets better gas mileage than my previous V8 Caprice Classic haha. I get the permagrin every morning I walk into my garage and drive my dream car.

These cars just have a way of making whoever is driving in them or even riding in them smile. I love it.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Ultrakiller
Poorfag.

Drives: None, yet T_T
I know what you feel lads, I would be in the situation, if I had any Camaro only for me, that I could even sleep inside in the night, that's how much I love this car.
Ultrakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Same here except my dd gets worse milage

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #6
MrandMrsNinja

We had a V6 before this, but even still I didn't drive it. The MPG's were still better in my BMW and it's built for commuting. Not to mention the fact that I drive 50 miles one way so I never wanted to put the miles on either Camaro and the fact that Houston has so much construction and traffic that i try and minimize chances stupid drivers and of junk kicking up and hitting Link.

The tug was pretty bad when we had our V6, but now with the V8 it is almost unbearable some days. haha
Old 06-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I don't care about gas mileage. I just kept a daily driver because I refuse to leave my SS in any parking lot.
Even after 3 years if I can't keep an eye on it, it stays home.
Too many ya-hoos out there that can damage my Camaro in a public lot.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
Yep I can relate to that!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
ss409cid

Drives: 2011 SS RS Convertible
Sell the DD and use the money to buy gas for the SS. Problem solved....
Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #10
2SSRSinNC
Apricot idea killer

Drives: '12 SW 2SSRS LS3 w/roof '10 Slade
Send a message via AIM to 2SSRSinNC
Thread title had Sugar Ray playing in my head lol... I can relate though.
| Polished 2.9L Whipple | AAC ColorSHIFT 2.0, Fog Halos, License Plate LEDs, Interior & Engine Bay LEDs | 15% Tint | Backyard Customz Tune | Pfadt | Nitrous Outlet | Kooks | RotoFab CAI | GM GFX | White Bowtie Overlays | GTS Head/Fog Covers | Tinted Markers/Tails |
2SSRSinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:20 AM   #11
bowen2012

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss409cid View Post

x2
bowen2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
Chiefish

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Nope, I walk into my garage every morning and just jump in that great white and drive off into the sunrise.
I wouldnt want it any other way
Chiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:45 AM   #13
MrandMrsNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
I don't care about gas mileage. I just kept a daily driver because I refuse to leave my SS in any parking lot.
Even after 3 years if I can't keep an eye on it, it stays home.
Too many ya-hoos out there that can damage my Camaro in a public lot.
I'm the same way. On the weekends it depends where we are going as to what we take. No restaurants for the SS. No where that doesn't have huge parking lot that i can "hide" in the back of. As much as you can hide a SGM Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss409cid View Post
I promised the wife I would keep the DD. It was part of my bargining to get the SS. Yes, I bargined to get it. On the plus side though if we have a kid (i'm only 23) then I get to keep the SS because we have the 4 door DD
Old 06-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
SS_BONE_'MARO

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS/RS L99
I drive mine everyday to work (M-F 50 mi commute, two-way) and love it. The 50 mi commute one-way would definitely make me reconsider, but it would be hard to see it sitting their. At least it sounds like you have a nice DD, too!