Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 PM   #127
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Sorry - but GM is not run by morons.

Please show me the last time that Bright Blue sold in volume.

I've addressed this time and time again.

I will never say we won't offer a bright blue - but at the moment we don't offer it.

We could offer 50 colors - and we'd still have people who would be upset (...although I think most people would be a bit more mannerly in their post.)
Okay, Mr. Settlemire, maybe I over-reacted when I said GM is being run by morons. However, the Synergy Green analogy still has not been answered by anyone at GM. I certainly do not remember any Camarophile begging to see a retro-color green (Rally Green Metallic) to be reproduced on the new Camaro. Was there such a request? I have heard so many excuses as to why GM will not make a Medium to Bright Blue Metallic. The Corvette offered Jetstream Blue Metallic. Why not offer that on the Camaro? That way, we won't have to hear about the severe cost it takes to generate a new color for the Camaro. I am tired of the excuses! This is why I have stopped following the forums on the Camaro. If GM hates the idea of offering the color so badly, why not make it a special edition extra-cost option like they did with Synergy Green Metallic? Seriously....is it really THAT HARD? Please! As far as GM offering 50 colors, we all know that will never happen. In fact, even in the colorful, non-regulatory days of the 1950s, GM didn't offer 50 colors on one single model. I really love the new Camaro, I have wanted one before the rumors started about the car in 2004-2005. I have owned 5 Camaros! I have always been a die-hard Chevy guy. However, as this process continues on the model progression, I still see zero progress in the color palette...interior included. I know you must "tow the company line". I just wish GM would finally capitulate...I am not the only one with such sentiments. Sorry, Mr. Settlemire, but with all due respect, I am really tired of the BS surrounding the blue metallic color option on this car. This subject has passed the barrier of stupidity. PERIOD.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:03 AM   #128
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0peful1 View Post
Which manufacturers or colors? Btw, the Dusk SE! Nice work!
Manufacturers.

(...and I'm pleased that you like the Dusk Edition! - - the response at autoshows and enthusiast events was overwhelming -- and because of this, we proceeded. No - not everyone's gonna love it.)

I don't know of any manufacturer of full-line vehicles that offer additional colors to retail customers other than, say, to fleets who purchase a large volume of cars and trucks. (...we do offer 'fleet' colors on several of our truck lines - but you'll find that many of the composite parts -- such as bumper caps and fillers are painted silver or white or black)

Years ago, it was relatively easy to clean out a paint vat when we used acrylic laquers -- basically we primed the car or truck and then color-coated it. That was it. Today, we use high solids waterborne base color coats followed by a clear and/or tint coat -- it's much more cumbersome.

Further, it isn't as easy as just applying the paint. Bumpers and other body parts are made of materials other than sheet-metal - meaning that the color has to be developed in order for it to be painted in quantity.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #129
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Manufacturers.

(...and I'm pleased that you like the Dusk Edition! - - the response at autoshows and enthusiast events was overwhelming -- and because of this, we proceeded. No - not everyone's gonna love it.)

I don't know of any manufacturer of full-line vehicles that offer additional colors to retail customers other than, say, to fleets who purchase a large volume of cars and trucks. (...we do offer 'fleet' colors on several of our truck lines - but you'll find that many of the composite parts -- such as bumper caps and fillers are painted silver or white or black)

Years ago, it was relatively easy to clean out a paint vat when we used acrylic laquers -- basically we primed the car or truck and then color-coated it. That was it. Today, we use high solids waterborne base color coats followed by a clear and/or tint coat -- it's much more cumbersome.

Further, it isn't as easy as just applying the paint. Bumpers and other body parts are made of materials other than sheet-metal - meaning that the color has to be developed in order for it to be painted in quantity.
A lot of us understand how difficult it is to produce a new color and that there are limitations to how many colors can be produced. It's just that we've requested a metallic blue for so long. Also with the history of light metallic blues not selling well it makes it even harder to be optimistic about a new blue being released. If Jetstream blue is too bright would something like the blue from the SEMA GS racecar be more acceptable? Maybe Opulent blue from the CTS? I plan on purchasing a 1LE in March/April and would at least like to know if there is a chance of a new blue being released within 6 months or so of that time. If we're being told no for a metallic blue it would be nice to know for how long. Thanks for listening and it is good to see a color that was requested by fans being released, it's just not the blue for me.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #130
H0peful1

Drives: --
Quote:
Manufacturers.

Yeah, I'm of the mindset that, with those beautiful, aggressive body lines, there's no such thing as an ugly 5th Gen Camaro. Love the color shift of the IBM, BRM, and IOM. It's rare for photos to do them justice, IMO.

Audi offers alternate colors from their full line for a fee of several thousand $ to customers. I think BMW did - don't know if they still do. Not a fan of Beemers. I've been considering a ton of different cars for a couple years, so I can't recall if there are others.

Your assembly processes may vary from Audi's. Not sure how they do it. It does seem like a cool idea so people can still customize a bit more with factory paint.
H0peful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #131
H0peful1

From OP: "• Dealer announcement letter with printable “hero card” to be sent week of July 9, 2012"

Really hope we get to see the hero card today!
Old 07-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #132
NoSloSS
BUMBLWHO

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
Why not follow Dodge in the SRT4 lineup and offer one special different color for one year?? borrow a color from another Chevy line or a special one year color doesn't matter, but you have set up a special edition complete with it's own color and interior and expect it will sell more??? I don't agree. If you offer colors and not the interior changes then you will save money and still have the sales. Just MHO.
NoSloSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #133
Tom Henry Racing

Drives: 98 Brickyard,The latest THR build
Hero Card
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Dusk Hero.pdf (1.23 MB, 283 views)
Tom Henry Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #134
Tom Henry Racing

Q: What is the 2013 Camaro Dusk Special Edition package?
A: Inspired by the popular concept vehicle that debuted at the 2009 SEMA show, the
Camaro Dusk Special Edition package conveys the style of young, urban professionals
with its understatedly aggressive look and contemporary aesthetics. Its style and
sophistication has a flair that keeps Camaro distinctly unique.
Q: Will the Dusk Special Edition package be available on any Camaro model?
A: The Camaro Dusk Special Edition package will be available on 2LT or 2SS Camaro
Coupe and Convertible models. It includes the content of the RS package.
Q: What’s unique about the exterior of the Camaro Dusk Special Edition?
A: Camaro Dusk will be instantly recognizable by its Blue Ray Metallic exterior paired
with a Blue top on Convertible models and its 21-inch Bright Silver Painted wheels.
Q: What does the Camaro Dusk Special Edition package include?
A: The package includes the following key features:
Exterior:
�� Blue Ray Metallic exterior
�� Blue Convertible top (Convertible models only)
�� 21-inch Bright Silver Painted wheels
Interior:
�� Mojave leather-appointed interior (exclusive to this package)
�� Mojave soft instrument panel insert
�� Yellow stitching on seats, shift knob, center armrest and steering wheel
�� Blue Ray Metallic door inserts
�� Ice Blue ambient lighting
�� Chevrolet Accessories Premium Floor Mats
Performance:
�� P245/40ZR21 front and 275/35ZR21 rear tires
�� Available HurstŪ shifter (SS manual transmission models only)
Q: How much will the 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro Special Edition cost?
A: The Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price of the Dusk Special Edition package is
$5995. The price includes the content of the RS Appearance Package. It does not
include the model price, nor any tax, titles or other fees.
Q: Are all of the items of the Dusk Special Edition factory or dealer installed?
A: With the exception of the Chevrolet Accessories Premium Floor Mats, all of the items
are factory installed.
Q: When will the Camaro Dusk special edition be available?
A: Camaro Dusk will be available to order through GM Order Workbench starting
Thursday, July 12, 2012. Production is expected to begin mid to late August. The exact
timing for when you can submit orders into production during the weekly Order
Submission cycle will be announced through the weekly constraint wire.
Q: When will the Camaro Dusk Special Edition arrive in dealerships?
A: Chevrolet is targeting to bring Camaro Dusk Special Edition to dealerships during the
third quarter of 2012.
Q: For how long will the Camaro Dusk Special Edition be built?
A: The Dusk Special Edition will only be in production through December 2012.
Q: How many Camaro Dusk Special Edition models will be built?
A: There is no set production target for the Camaro Dusk Special Edition. Chevrolet will
announce the production number after production concludes in December 2012.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #135
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
6K? That buys a lot of bacon but this is a beautiful car.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:37 AM   #136
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
Color looks good on that card.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #137
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Its very pretty but Why 21" wheels!? They look nice but 21" tires are expensive, hard to find and have few choices. For the sake of 1 barely noticable inch why didn't they stick to 20's like the stockers?
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #138
H0peful1

Thank you, thank you, THR!
Old 07-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #139
H0peful1

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Color looks good on that card.
I saw BRM on a Vette at the Indy 500. It's very nice and really shimmers with strong blue in the sun.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #140
Tom Henry Racing

Looks like there is going to be a Dusk with a THR cam in it. Somebody has to test our products, right?