Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-03-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
meltyface

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM LS3 w/ blk rally
check engine light

I'm so pissed. I was driving home about an hour ago and my damn check engine light came on. My car onky haa 27000 miles ao this ahould not be happening. Im just really hoping this wasnt caused by the damn tune I got over a year ago. Anyone have any suggestions. I have an appointment with a dealer out here but I'm pretty sure they will try to rape me
Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ high flow cats, Borla x-pipe, Borla Stinger exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, markers, tail and reverse lights plus parking light blackouts, body colored bowties, body colored SS emblems, Passport 9500 radar detector (a must have), Kenwood DNX9960 radio w/ metra kit. Matte Black Giovanna Dalar 5V: 20x8.5 & 20x10 wheels

Mods in the future:
Relocating guts of "shark fin" and removing it, cam, super charge/turbo?...unsure what after that...

Gotta have MORE power!!
meltyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Go to to pep boys or auto zone and let them read what code it is....they do it for free. It may be something simple.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Check your gas cap make sure its tight,
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #4
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
I'll be interested in what the dealer says !!!
Keep us posted please.
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
meltyface

Took it to pepboys and got codes P069e p018d which after a little research lead me to believe its my fuel pump possibly. Strange thing though, car is running fine and my check engine light hasnt turned back on since he checked the codes.

On a side note apparently the great state of california will not allow dealerships to work on modded cars? If thats the case im screwed with my warranty items. And the tech at pepboys also informed me that although I'm military with a TX license and OK plates I will still get a ticket for my exhaust (borla stinger) and possibly tinting. Plus on top of that Ill have to do a smog test....WTF! That news made this day turn horrible
Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ high flow cats, Borla x-pipe, Borla Stinger exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, markers, tail and reverse lights plus parking light blackouts, body colored bowties, body colored SS emblems, Passport 9500 radar detector (a must have), Kenwood DNX9960 radio w/ metra kit. Matte Black Giovanna Dalar 5V: 20x8.5 & 20x10 wheels

Mods in the future:
Relocating guts of "shark fin" and removing it, cam, super charge/turbo?...unsure what after that...

Gotta have MORE power!!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltyface View Post
Took it to pepboys and got codes P069e p018d which after a little research lead me to believe its my fuel pump possibly. Strange thing though, car is running fine and my check engine light hasnt turned back on since he checked the codes.

On a side note apparently the great state of california will not allow dealerships to work on modded cars? If thats the case im screwed with my warranty items. And the tech at pepboys also informed me that although I'm military with a TX license and OK plates I will still get a ticket for my exhaust (borla stinger) and possibly tinting. Plus on top of that Ill have to do a smog test....WTF! That news made this day turn horrible

Sounds like the fuel pump may be going, GM shouldn't ask to see the ECM over a fuel pump. Had a friend get his changed under warranty and he had a tune, He just flashed it back to stock before he took it in.
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
The dealership serviced mine a few weeks ago.

They loved it!

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
Frid

Drives: '11 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I had a check engine light come on after my car sat for a few months. Probably bad gas. It went away after driving it for awhile and hasn't come back on since. Put over 5500 miles on it since and no problems. May be your same issue. Maybe not but just my .02.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #9
meltyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
I had a check engine light come on after my car sat for a few months. Probably bad gas. It went away after driving it for awhile and hasn't come back on since. Put over 5500 miles on it since and no problems. May be your same issue. Maybe not but just my .02.
Lol, well it's definetly not from it sitting for a long tome. I just drove from Florida to Cali last weekend.

I did a dyno tune and have no way to flash it back to the stock tune....hmmm how can I reset it to the factory tune but still be able to use the tune I have now?

Mods in the future:

Gotta have MORE power!!
Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #10
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
hp tuners

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #11
caper

Drives: 2010 IOM 2ss/RS
putting it back to stock serves no purpose, they can see that the ecu was flashed regardless if they look. thats my 2c. plus you have headers - so i would think the dealer would assume its tuned. doesnt matter though, if they want to check the ecu they can tell.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #12
Qui3tStorm

Drives: 11 Camaro 2SS
Wow Cali is terrible ... GL
Qui3tStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
jeepguy_1980

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltyface View Post
The exhaust is true, you have to comply with local noise ordnances. The tinting is debatable, but I sincerely doubt the law prohibits dealerships from working on modified vehicles under warranty. If so, that would in violation of federa law, which states keeps dealerships from voiding your warranty due to modifications. Dealers may be prohibited from modifying vehicles, but I doubt the law prohibits them from working on already modified cars.
jeepguy_1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper View Post
putting it back to stock serves no purpose, they can see that the ecu was flashed regardless if they look. thats my 2c. plus you have headers - so i would think the dealer would assume its tuned. doesnt matter though, if they want to check the ecu they can tell.