Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #99
Smoky10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Damn, that is literally just down the street from my house.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #100
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
So a drunk driver without a license got smacked around a little bit before she got a chance to kill someone's children. What a tragedy.

Some of her smacking into the Camaro could have been exagerrated by her lack of balance due to her intoxication.

I'm sure any dents caused by her head, were not nearly as bad as the damage she caused her own Camaro along with the other two cars she drove into before she broke her Camaro.

Yeah, the cop deserved what he got. (fired) But don't lose sight of the fact that she was a drunk driver without a license who had already caused thousands of dollars in damages. And could have easily killed someone. A criminal. She's lucky all she suffered was a couple bumps rather than gettin herself and several other innocents killed.

Problem with all these video's people jump all over on the internet.. Is that they never tell the whole story.

I hope her actions aren't over shadowed by the officers. Drunk drivers kill a lot of people needlessly. And any lady who wrecks her own Camaro like that, and then goes on to wreck two other peoples cars and doesn't have the decency to stop and be held accountable for her actions.. (driving drunk w/o a license) isn't getting any sympathy from me for getting a bump on the forehead.

I have no sympathy for either of them.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #101
avt12882

Drives: 2010 camaro ss1 inferno orange
As a police officer for 22 years i just looked at the tape. 1st she fled the scene of a crash after hitting 2 cars. 2nd she refused to comply to his orders to get back into the car. After the officer told her more than once to get back into the car she decides she needs to make a phone call. After the girl refuses to comply ,the officer walks up to her grabs her arm then she tries to pull away so he grabed her arm and he swung her around so he could place her into custody. After looking at the tape a few times I don't think he did anything wrong and his chief is a freaking idiot because he didn't back up his officer. Maybe if she wasnt drunk and she just complied there would have not been a problem. You think everyone would have a different mindset if she would have just killed a child and fled the scene. Everyone on here would be saying she got what she deserved. Unless your an officer maybe you should not make comments unless you have had to deal with drunk subjects that refuse to comply just like she did.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:55 PM   #102
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
Originally Posted by avt12882 View Post
As a police officer for 22 years i just looked at the tape. 1st she fled the scene of a crash after hitting 2 cars. 2nd she refused to comply to his orders to get back into the car. After the officer told her more than once to get back into the car she decides she needs to make a phone call. After the girl refuses to comply ,the officer walks up to her grabs her arm then she tries to pull away so he grabed her arm and he swung her around so he could place her into custody. After looking at the tape a few times I don't think he did anything wrong and his chief is a freaking idiot because he didn't back up his officer. Maybe if she wasnt drunk and she just complied there would have not been a problem. You think everyone would have a different mindset if she would have just killed a child and fled the scene. Everyone on here would be saying she got what she deserved. Unless your an officer maybe you should not make comments unless you have had to deal with drunk subjects that refuse to comply just like she did.
So all that justifies ramming a woman's face into a car.... not a chance. It's that sort of "chief's got my back" mentality that leads to all these cops with superiority complexes.

Who watches the watcher?
Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #103
avt12882

Awfarley look at the video again. The officer grabbed her arm in a armbar and attempted to swing her around so he could get control of the other arm because she kept trying to pull her arm in front of her. I'm sure his intention was just to swing her around and take control of her other arm but because she was very drunk it looks like she stumbles as her swings her around. He didn't slam her again after the first incident. He placed her into custody and took her to jail.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:07 PM   #104
avt12882

ps maybe i'm looking at the video with the wrong mindset but to me it looks like he was just trying to gain control of her and she ended up hitting her head on the car.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #105
avt12882

ps don't forget she did not make a complaint the guy who shot the video did. and maybe she should not have been driving drunk.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #106
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Awfarley look at the video again. The officer grabbed her arm in a armbar and attempted to swing her around so he could get control of the other arm because she kept trying to pull her arm in front of her. I'm sure his intention was just to swing her around and take control of her other arm but because she was very drunk it looks like she stumbles as her swings her around. He didn't slam her again after the first incident. He placed her into custody and took her to jail.
That's what it looked like he was trying to do to me as well. HOWEVER, it's not like she was putting up much of a fight. He probably could have just turned her around, vice trying to arm-bar her into the car. It's not like she was crazy out of control. In HIS defense, it absolutely looked like she tripped during that exchange. I just think he could have had better control of that situation given that she wasn't kicking/screaming/struggling/getting all crazy. You can hear in his voice he was angry. I understand... she wasn't listening. BUT... angry = losing patience and temper, something that he can't afford to be doing in his position. She wasn't doing anything I would consider threatening to him personally. She wasn't trying to run away when she opened the car. She wasn't yelling or screaming at him (until she fell). She was drunk and felt a phone call, for whatever reason, was the thing to do. But. I wasn't there. I wasn't him. I wasn't her. But from the most objective position I can be, that's how I see it.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #107
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
She was a criminal to begin with on probation. What a idiot but the sad part is the guy lost his job and she will get a big settlement from this and my question is how does someone straight from prison and on probation get a Camaro?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:03 PM   #108
avt12882

i know when i stop a vehicle that just fled a scene of a crime your already on high alert. then you add a driver that refuses to comply then you get this. I cant tell you theres nothing worst then pulling over a drunk driver that refuses to comply. This officers intention was not to hurt her just to detain her and get control of the situation. Over the course of my 22 years more cops have been killed on car stops then any other call.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #109
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss My SS View Post
She was a criminal to begin with on probation. What a idiot but the sad part is the guy lost his job and she will get a big settlement from this and my question is how does someone straight from prison and on probation get a Camaro?
From the PIMP
Old 08-22-2012, 09:55 PM   #110
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Quote:
I can imagine in the heat of the moment things happen fast too. He didn't keep slamming her like other videos I've seen.

You make a good point about her not filing a complaint. She had to have thought she deserved it at the time, because if I was completely innocent (to the slamming, not the actual crime) and a cop smashed my face into my car I'd have my lawyer pay them a visit the next day.

Sad thing is the chick will end up with another undeserved payday...

On first glance things aren't always what they seem, and ESPECIALLY when you see a 30 second video from any media outlet.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #111
BreakingBad
MAGA

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Police brutality is nothing new. Anyone who can understand reality and who can use their brain beyond knowing when to shit and sleep quickly realizes that this world has slowly (and now more rapidly) slipped into a fully on police state.

Our legislators have created immoral, unconstitutional, freedom-infringing laws that benefit the rich and the rich alone. This has created a society in which most people are technically criminals, as we've all broken a law or two in our lives - running a redlight makes you guilty of a crime, thus you are a criminal in the state's eyes. Red light cameras, the Patriot acts, NDAA (of which the state has JUST used on BRANDON RAUB), the enemy expatriation act, the elimination of the glass-steagall act, elimination of posse comitatus, our bill of rights..,

The country we live in does not stand for what it used to. Geoengineers are altering our atmosphere and killing large portions of wildlife while creating more medical illnesses for humans all under the guise of 'preventing global warming' by doing the exact opposite, heating the planet. Legislators lie to get in office and then it's cronyism time until election time rolls around.

Cops/law enforcement/anyone with authority act like this on a regular basis in most major cities. Only those with video cameras or those smart enough to request a copy of the dashcam usually end up on the clean end of the stick in the end. Google Jordan Miles Pittsburgh...another prime example of police brutality. Occupy - another great example. Kent State - another prime example. The list goes on.

Personally I'm a 'pick your battles' kinda guy, and I am really, really hoping this country doesn't spiral into an armed revolution because I already know what side I'll be on if it does.

PS - nothing justifies the treatment of this woman unless she was guilty of a major felony involving another party, ie murder, rape, assault, etc. she doesn't look like a murderer to me. and even then, she wouldn't deserve that treatment under our OLD laws. under the NEW laws, police do what the f*ck they want with their big d*ck badge and get away with it. Time will come when the people will have to make a decision and either continue submitting, eating the poisoned food and paying tribute to the bankers or fight back. Unfortunately there are no more non-violent ways left to use to fight back.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #112
avt12882

most of the comments i have read are saying that the officer used too much force. after looking at the video numerous times i don't think he did. i challenge most of you to get a friend that's a little drunk turn on a video camera and then attempt to gain control of them. i bet you will be suprised how difficult it will be and then look at the video and most of you will have to use much more force then he did. in the end a drunk will get off committing a crime that could have killed someone because right away the public wants to put the blame on the officer instead of a drunk pilled out female that should have not been driving.

Closed Thread