Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #57
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
well if you really want to wrap your azz in fiberglaz...lol......consider the future...twenty years from now...i am retired going to car shows in my zl1 which after depreciation came back in value just like the good old chevies i built and hot rodded over and over...and i have mods making it scream vette eater..not that it doesnt allready beat a gs vette....and you come to the car show and your just another vette...look alot alike....and well frankly not a t all colectible for the future as much as the zl1...at all. and your dangerously bad visability..lol if your into staring out the rear view that bad try a amc pacer. the quarters are what limit it...so pay extra attention...as if...anyway its a choice...go with the metal camaro and five star safety ratings all around and whine.......or get your vette and think your all that with the cheapest vette in stead of the best camaro......Frankly scarlett do what you want more zl1s left for the few of us lucky enough to ge to own and love one............want some cheese with that? and ps chuckles your engine is 360+ degrees hot and thats good for oil temp on a hot day. And your hp peak is at 4000 rpm in other wards faster than you probly would dare to drive on a test drive...lol with the pale faced salesperson doing 120mph + down the freeway,,,,,,,,,lol let alone just that you got a test drive your like a snotty lucky beeeach.......When many of us are sacfificing and trading in our babies for new ones on just the thought and car reviews and standing in line to wait for our perfect car stock we can love til we croak...and frankly .............
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #58
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
well if you really want to wrap your azz in fiberglaz...lol......consider the future...twenty years from now...i am retired going to car shows in my zl1 which after depreciation came back in value just like the good old chevies i built and hot rodded over and over...and i have mods making it scream vette eater..not that it doesnt allready beat a gs vette....and you come to the car show and your just another vette...look alot alike....and well frankly not a t all colectible for the future as much as the zl1...at all. and your dangerously bad visability..lol if your into staring out the rear view that bad try a amc pacer. the quarters are what limit it...so pay extra attention...as if...anyway its a choice...go with the metal camaro and five star safety ratings all around and whine.......or get your vette and think your all that with the cheapest vette in stead of the best camaro......Frankly scarlett do what you want more zl1s left for the few of us lucky enough to ge to own and love one............want some cheese with that? and ps chuckles your engine is 360+ degrees hot and thats good for oil temp on a hot day. And your hp peak is at 4000 rpm in other wards faster than you probly would dare to drive on a test drive...lol with the pale faced salesperson doing 120mph + down the freeway,,,,,,,,,lol let alone just that you got a test drive your like a snotty lucky beeeach.......When many of us are sacfificing and trading in our babies for new ones on just the thought and car reviews and standing in line to wait for our perfect car stock we can love til we croak...and frankly .............
Thanks for your input! Looks like ZL1 will indeed be more rare in future, though none looks collectible to me.

Btw, paragraph is your friend :-)
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #59
Snakedriver

Drives: ZL1
I sold my 2010 Grand Sport Corvette Coupe with an Auto Trans a few months ago. I prefer my 13 ZL1 over the GS. The C6 is soon to be a dinosaur with the C7 arriving soon. The seats are better in the ZL1 and the Mylink is better than the C6 electronics. The ZL1 also has a back seat. The ZL1 because of its size is also a safer vehicle than the GS. My Z gets way more attention then the GS does.
Snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #60
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
I sold my 2010 Grand Sport Corvette Coupe with an Auto Trans a few months ago. I prefer my 13 ZL1 over the GS. The C6 is soon to be a dinosaur with the C7 arriving soon. The seats are better in the ZL1 and the Mylink is better than the C6 electronics. The ZL1 also has a back seat. The ZL1 because of its size is also a safer vehicle than the GS. My Z gets way more attention then the GS does.

While its obviously all a matter of personal taste, i agree with you. The C6 looks dated and in another year or so will only look more so. Personally, I never felt passion for the overall design of the C6. The ZL1 just needs to be well broken in with a few mods added to realize more of the LSA's potential. But if the potential of the ZL1 doesn't excite you, move on. The excitement factor is a big part of the equation imo...
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #61
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesserayjames View Post
NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...dude, this is all you do, jump in a thread, usually make a one or two word contradicitive statement, then bail the thread.....be part of the crowd and offer some dialogue. Reallly....
Old 08-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #62
lopoetve

Drives: 2001 Firebird Formula, 2011 Triumph
Twas an easy choice for me - altitude means anything N/A is hobbled, so the GS was not very fast, especially in the mountains. :|

So I ordered the ZL1.
lopoetve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:10 AM   #63
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
Or find one of these for the same cost as a ZL1, lol. ( And hope the motor last ) But I would take a low mileage Z06 over a new GS every day. You can get em for around 45K. Price might swing either way depending on what the C7 looks like. Haven't been a fan of the renderings I've seen so far.
Attached Images

'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #64
sammyv

Drives: 2013 red Lingenfelter ZL1
I had an 09 Z06, that interior is awesome!!
sammyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:54 AM   #65
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyv View Post
I had an 09 Z06, that interior is awesome!!
thats a carravagio interior......they do beautiful work. those seats are 5K each!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #66
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
YES I have never been a fan of the Corvette. Sure is a great car but just never liked them
Old 08-29-2012, 10:36 AM   #67
caramaro1969

Drives: 69,82,84 & 10 camaros,87 GMC,07z06
my camaro is much more uncomfortable and slower than my z06. the zl1 was what i was going to get but GM kept pushing back the release date...so i got the pace car, i kind of regret it now but i never drive it, i drive my z06... looks better, drives better, 33 mpg, more comfortable,just save it for your solo drives and do your running in the wifes car...better yet have her trade her car in for a zl1, keep your GS PROBLEM SOLVED
caramaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #68
adamgl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdodge View Post
thats a carravagio interior......they do beautiful work. those seats are 5K each!!!
Actually most of it is Apsis. Apsis SuperDeluxe Seats, they're amazing seats. Hold you great in a corner and still comfortable after a 500 mile trip.

Way off topic now, do you have any performance mods on your Z06?
Attached Images

'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
Old 08-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #69
adamgl

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramaro1969 View Post
my camaro is much more uncomfortable and slower than my z06. the zl1 was what i was going to get but GM kept pushing back the release date...so i got the pace car, i kind of regret it now but i never drive it, i drive my z06... looks better, drives better, 33 mpg, more comfortable,just save it for your solo drives and do your running in the wifes car...better yet have her trade her car in for a zl1, keep your GS PROBLEM SOLVED
Good idea, lol. I had a ZL1 ordered too, '12 allocation. Just got tired of waiting also. Would of been snowing before I got it.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #70
Ltdodge

Drives: 2008 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgl View Post
Actually most of it is Apsis. Apsis SuperDeluxe Seats, they're amazing seats. Hold you great in a corner and still comfortable after a 500 mile trip.

Way off topic now, do you have any performance mods on your Z06?
thats real nice.....i see you ahve the carbon fiber headliner also......gorgeous interior.

as for perfromance mods, i am stock except muffler mod and halltech intake, I am just doing cosmetic mods, i just bought new 360 forged wheels, so i need to recuperate some cash. my next mods are interior work. i like that steering wheel, does apsis make them?