Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #631
Tulkas

Drives: Holden ve sv6 2007 manual
Haha i'll have to disappoint you mate. I haven't put the 210 degrees profile in. Reason is that i'm happy with the result of how the cams respond and that they can make +30rwkw at 6800rpm. Power kicks in at 1800rpm which is good because you can determine where the power starts and you don't need power at any lower rpm when cruising. The 226profile cams still respond well at low rpm, Steve and I were surprised how well they respond in an alloytec engine, i took him for a drive yesterday.
If you would race, you need to have the rpm where peak torque sits, so to me the new grind for lower rpm responsiveness and torque is not needed. This would be a good project for our cars, to have a launch control button in our car like the hsv's do.
The only thing with these big cams are that they make the whole engine shake when cruising at speeds up to 80km/h. Looks like a higher ratio diff is needed, speaking from an alloytec engine point of view.

I have in my possession the LLT intake manifold since yesterday, all i need now is to see how I'm going to design the bottom of it so it can fit on the alloytec. It should give at least 15-20hp and make the engine breath freely.

P.s. and i thought i was going to stop all mods after the cams LOL!
Tulkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #632
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Lol! So are you running the 210 on both then going to swap the intake cam to the 226?

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #633
Tulkas

Im running both 226
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #634
Tulkas

Here is my car on the dyno making 167rwkw, the dyno is a rough dyno so it showed minimal kw's each engine can make.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #635
Yellow_Glide

Lol!!!! This is going to be interesting to say the least! One of each! When do you plan on going to the 210s?

Gear swap is in the plan, wanted to get the cams sorted an the determine 3.73 or more.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #636
Yellow_Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
Here is my car on the dyno making 167rwkw, the dyno is a rough dyno so it showed minimal kw's each engine can make.
]
Sounds good and strong. Know what you mean about the dyno - spent lots of hours with dynos and bikes.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #637
Tulkas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Glide View Post
Lol!!!! This is going to be interesting to say the least! One of each! When do you plan on going to the 210s?

Gear swap is in the plan, wanted to get the cams sorted an the determine 3.73 or more.
I have to be really convinced that the 210 profile for the intake cam position will make a significant amount of difference in order for me to do the swap-over.

At the moment, the tune is running great but there is a small issue with the air/fuel ratio, its running lean and not enough fuel is going through. Im still waiting on my dyno graphs too to show you guys.

I need to find a 2nd hand diff with at least 3.45 ratio, brand new here costs $1500...

All the best with the swap over in your car, hope they are an improvement.

By the way, what company is selling the heads that you want to put on your car?
I might be interested
Old 10-15-2012, 11:44 PM   #638
Yellow_Glide

Thanks Tulkas!

RX Performance, Tracy (SC2150) on the forum here has the heads. From what I've seen so far, they are absolute artwork.

I'm really anxious to see the new set in and on the dyno - Steve's next suggestion was the 210/210. Agreed if the new set works out, will need some convincing to move the the 210/210.

If it makes you feel better, just a gear swap is about a grand - good thing I have the beefier diff to start. The AY6 tranny or the clutch will probably be the first casualty.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:01 AM   #639
Tulkas

Yea i got the ay6 too, i keep searching for aftermarket gears for the ay6 gearbox to make it stronger but cant seem to find any info. Im guessing no one has made parts for it? Correct me if im wrong. Would be good to modify our transmission.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #640
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Getting close now

Hopefully the testing will be finalized quicker then before, considering that the calibration/tune for the larger cams has been sorted out to a high standard. The later I can't stress enough, as the jump in cam size to achieve what has been achieved considering the engine capacity has been excellent

With the smaller cams, it will make more power in the usable engine RPM, along with even better driveability.

On this note there are cons associated when installing larger then factory cams, even on a VVT engine. The intensity of this is usually directly proportional to the increase in cam size. What I'm getting with this, is that there may be some compromises with driveability down low and under cruise/steady state conditions.

In saying the above though it would be a small price to pay, especially with the smaller grind, for the increase in performance

In summary, if you're the kind of person that is more then happy with the way the car feels on idle, quite and smooth and don't want this to change then this mod is not for you. As great as the calibration regime is, it's not possible to defy the laws of physics!

If you want a nice rock on idle, with a old school feel in a modern day muscle car, this mod is for you

Kindest Regards,
Steve
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #641
Tommo_27

Drives: VE Commodore SV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Glide View Post
Thanks Tulkas!

RX Performance, Tracy (SC2150) on the forum here has the heads. From what I've seen so far, they are absolute artwork.

I'm really anxious to see the new set in and on the dyno - Steve's next suggestion was the 210/210. Agreed if the new set works out, will need some convincing to move the the 210/210.

If it makes you feel better, just a gear swap is about a grand - good thing I have the beefier diff to start. The AY6 tranny or the clutch will probably be the first casualty.
Hey yellow

So what profile you getting now? 210/226?

Mine are going in early Nov and when I spoke to Steve last I think he said we were gonna go 210/210 for mine. Either way can't wait and can't wait to see results from yours.
Tommo_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:12 AM   #642
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6

Can't wait to see these cams installed.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #643
kuzman89

Drives: Ly7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
Getting close now

Hopefully the testing will be finalized quicker then before, considering that the calibration/tune for the larger cams has been sorted out to a high standard. The later I can't stress enough, as the jump in cam size to achieve what has been achieved considering the engine capacity has been excellent

With the smaller cams, it will make more power in the usable engine RPM, along with even better driveability.

On this note there are cons associated when installing larger then factory cams, even on a VVT engine. The intensity of this is usually directly proportional to the increase in cam size. What I'm getting with this, is that there may be some compromises with driveability down low and under cruise/steady state conditions.

In saying the above though it would be a small price to pay, especially with the smaller grind, for the increase in performance

In summary, if you're the kind of person that is more then happy with the way the car feels on idle, quite and smooth and don't want this to change then this mod is not for you. As great as the calibration regime is, it's not possible to defy the laws of physics!

If you want a nice rock on idle, with a old school feel in a modern day muscle car, this mod is for you

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Look forward to the results and power gains. Good effort Mace.
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:00 AM   #644
Yellow_Glide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACE_ENG View Post
Getting close now

Kindest Regards,
Steve
Thanks Steve, Words from the Master! Yes, we are very close. Encouraging description in your post. With the 226/210 grind, any idea where it will begin making power? There are always tradeoffs with these types of changes, I don't think I could ever be content with stock. Looking forward to learning the new traits of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommo_27 View Post
Hey yellow

So what profile you getting now? 210/226?

Mine are going in early Nov and when I spoke to Steve last I think he said we were gonna go 210/210 for mine. Either way can't wait and can't wait to see results from yours.
Hi Tommo,

Glad to see you made the party!! Yes, 226/210 are being fitted now. We'll see how those work out and if it's not enough, then we might consider a swap to the 210 on the inlet side. Wonder if Steve could share his thoughts on what the gain expected might be on the 210/210 over the 226/210.

If I'm keeping track of the builds correctly, Tulkas has 226/226, I have 226/210, and you have 210/210. Have you been back on the dyno since the install?

Hi Kuzman, Thanks - can't wait to get the in!