Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-27-2012, 12:13 AM   #71
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Those are probably ctf 1LE;s in hiding.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #72
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
I'm going to guess 2013 Indy 500 pace cars.
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:24 AM   #73
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
It's what happens when Al's wife says to get all of those boxes out of the garage.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #74
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
The hood wrap is not optional.

Where do you guys get all of this false information?
Its not false information.... right after the 1LE info came about, there was questions regarding the wrap on the hood... if it HAD to come that way or not and it was stated early on that it may be an option to leave the wrap off and stay with a painted hood from the factory... now, i didn't subscribe to that thread so i never followed up on it so i was assuming that it had stayed like stated. It was all in the same info about the hash marks coming installed and that was removed because of time and not being able to ensure it would be applied correctly in mass production.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #75
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
If they were going to test the 1LE's they would test them with the correct wheels and tires. Leaving off the front splitter, hood wrap, and other visual pieces won't change the way the car drives that's why some of the other CTF 1LE's looked like that. Haven't seen a CTF 1LE that didn't have the 1LE wheels yet.
There has to be some point in a 1LE's life where it doesn't have the wrap on the hood. I'm betting the wrap is installed on the hood just like the rally stripes and other stripes are on other Camaros, by an outsourced vendor after the cars are built.

Now, there's a shortage on ZL1/1LE black wheels so maybe they put the stock SS wheels on these because of that and they're just sitting waiting on the wheels and for the hood to be wrapped. The front splitter is likely installed by the dealer to avoid damage during transport. It's probably in the trunk.

We don't know that these will be test cars. They could be cars used for auto shows or some sort of display. They could be cars used for some sort of race where they will receive a graphics package that requires the hood not be wrapped.

The spoiler and brakes point to these cars being 1LEs. I just believe they're waiting on the other components.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #76
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
Its not false information.... right after the 1LE info came about, there was questions regarding the wrap on the hood... if it HAD to come that way or not and it was stated early on that it may be an option to leave the wrap off and stay with a painted hood from the factory... now, i didn't subscribe to that thread so i never followed up on it so i was assuming that it had stayed like stated. It was all in the same info about the hash marks coming installed and that was removed because of time and not being able to ensure it would be applied correctly in mass production.

It is false because the hood wrap is not optional. You can't select a box for hood wrap delete when ordering.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #77
gramps_green_rs
ex-RCAF

Drives: 11 SGM1LTRS SV1000S
Quote:
There has to be some point in a 1LE's life where it doesn't have the wrap on the hood. I'm betting the wrap is installed on the hood just like the rally stripes and other stripes are on other Camaros, by an outsourced vendor after the cars are built.

Now, there's a shortage on ZL1/1LE black wheels so maybe they put the stock SS wheels on these because of that and they're just sitting waiting on the wheels and for the hood to be wrapped. The front splitter is likely installed by the dealer to avoid damage during transport. It's probably in the trunk.

We don't know that these will be test cars. They could be cars used for auto shows or some sort of display. They could be cars used for some sort of race where they will receive a graphics package that requires the hood not be wrapped.

The spoiler and brakes point to these cars being 1LEs. I just believe they're waiting on the other components.
yes the stripes are installed after production, but they are put on in Oshawa before the cars shipped. I would assume the hood wrap would be the same.

gramps
Old 10-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #78
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Quote:

The vendor that was doing the stripes was only a few miles from the Oshawa plant... So i say they're probably a promo car of some sort as well since they are sitting in Michigan now.

Quote:
It is false because the hood wrap is not optional. You can't select a box for hood wrap delete when ordering.
You apparently didn't read my entire post.... I said i ASSUMED the comments of it possibly being optional were kept in place. Feel free to search that thread that talks about the 1LE... It was just prior to the statement made about the fender hash marks not being installed like originally shown in the pre-production photos.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 AM   #79
GearheadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramps_green_rs View Post
yes the stripes are installed after production, but they are put on in Oshawa before the cars shipped. I would assume the hood wrap would be the same.

gramps
You're right, they are. The wheels are installed at the factory though so for some reason, this car didn't get those 2 items done like they normally would.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #80
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
OP you promised more photos?? Inquiring obsessive minds want to know.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:05 AM   #81
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I've been buying cars for 40 years and always think, what could they possibly do to improve on the one I have? But somehow, they always do...dang it
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #82
Dboy23
2G1FB1EV7A9100028

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
OP you promised more photos?? Inquiring obsessive minds want to know.
Expect to wait about 2-3 hours for the pictures, I'm still at work lol. I will get a lot of detailed shots to help you guys figure this out INCLUDING the window stickers.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #83
stikSS
9691 & 97586

YES!.. waiting for your update!

Old 10-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #84
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Heritage edition red calipers, stock spoiler (Non 1LE/ZL1 spoiler) stock wheels