Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 AM   #15
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlueger
Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS

This is more complicated than the average bear wants, but... I'm running the Lingenfelter dual fuel pumps in the factory tank and I have a separate fuel cell... Two of them actually.

Factory tank keeps the surge cell ( two gallons) full and a Weldon external feeds the rails via -12 lines... I also have a wet shot cell under the hood for C-16 fuel to mix with the nitrous...

I had the Aeromotive Stealth... Avoid it like the plague... Mine lasted less than seven hours of total run time...

As for a hob switch, it is a pressure switch. You can wire something, (second pump for example) to a hob switch, and when the desired pressure (say 1psi) is reached, the switch closes and the device starts... With Forced induction, they can be used for lots of goodies you don't want running full tilt all the time... Makes a car much more street friendly if properly utilized...

What were your issues with the Aeromotive unit? I run it now and have cavitation problems. Just wondering if you experienced something different.
Apparently the motor cratered... We thought at first the impeller dislodged but that want the case....they completely rebuilt it and were curious why i didn't really want it back....duh....we decided to go with the Weldon instead...didn't have any cavitation problems though...

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Aeromotive pumps used to be well known for getting to hot and burning up on the street. I dont know about the new set up they have though I would think the speed controller would be a must have..... I would say the squash kit is the nicest thing out right now for big power and leaving room to grow. We will have some Dyno numbers soon to post using the pumps.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #17
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
I will be running the Aeromotive eliminator in tank setup with billet speed controller and autometer tach adapter. I did a bunch of research on fuel systems and there are quite a few happy campers with this setup here on Camaro5 also on LS1tech and the Corvette forums.

I think the billet speed controller is definitely a must have with the eliminator. I will see I guess, hopefully in a couple weeks. Still waiting on my HKE motor. Erik has a tedious attention to detail affliction.....which is good!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #18
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quick update:
Car was dynoed today.
First pull: 803RWHP/625TQ
Second: 825RWHP/637TQ
Third: 818RWHP/639TQ

The dyno's boost was off for repair but the guy in the driver's seat said he thought the gauge inside the car hit 16PSI.

He is emailing me the dyno sheet and I will post it.

However, on the way home, I am 99.9% sure the trans input shaft died. Grabbing 1st to 2nd resulted in a large clunk followed by other clunks. It is leaking fluid from where the slave cylinder should be. I will be pulling the trans this weekend to assess the damage.

The Squash system help up to 800rwhp where the stock TR6060 did not...

The dyno runs were done with no meth and on 3/4 tank of 91 and 1/4 tank of 93.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #19
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
From past experience with similar set ups I am leary of external set ups...from what I see I will definitely do the in tank thing. I spoke to Andy of Squash...top grade listener. the guy is a gentlemen...never once got upset at my silly questions, never cut me off, never made me feel stupid. He expressed everything in what seemed, fair, smart, to the point and so on. After chewing his ear off...I am definitely going with his kit...but I might wait for the returnless style set up coming out in nov...on the fence on this time will tell what I do. I thank everyone for their input, especially Andy and the peeps at superchargerconnection. Top notch *
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #20
Jessika
Account Suspended

Drives: Anything Blown
:thumpsup:
Andy *IS* amazing!

Thanks for the props too!
Jessika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #21
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Congrats on a solid choice...we are so fortunate to have great vendors here...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #22
Bad Dad

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS , 2011 C6 Base Corvette
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsquash View Post
The Squash setup can be optioned with a Hobbs switch, so you are only running on one pump at a time cruising around. When you lay on the throttle the 2nd one comes on and away you go, like nothing happened.

If you want something that is street-friendly there isn't anything else that will run as well as the Squash setup because it reuses the stock bucket. It is all top notch materials, machining, and components.

Andy
IM GONNA GET Squashed

SUICIDE BY RACECAR
Bad Dad is offline   Reply With Quote