Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 PM   #71
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
Easy.. besides a few comments most were just saying that the diff between pulls from no pullies to with pullies cant be correct. You dont add 5-6 pounds of boost and only gain a few hp and a couple dozen footpounds..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #72
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post
744 is the corrected # at the flywheel. It started stock at 580 and now its 744.

No.
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 PM   #73
The Baron

Now guys be nice..

Its obviously a dyno operating error. . Stock manual ls3 cars make upper 300s..
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #74
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning

Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
Am I missing something? . . I put down 549 RWHP and 525 RWTQ with just an air box , headers and tune.

Plus . . how do you loose 208 horse power through the drive line?

744-536= 208?!?!? I don't think so!
THR ZL1 #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #75
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Have an appt monday at noon at Loud Pedal Motor sports to have it looked at and dynoed on their dynojet, and have all the work checked out.

By the way, i found out that the dyno on my build thread labled NewCorsa 2 shows 506.9hp, and 492.8 torque, the dyno that shows thats labled NewCorsa 3 is a race gas run because when i went from just the headers and hf cats to the full exhaust i had actually lost torque and hp with the Corsa, going from 511.2hp and 502 torque to the 506.9 hp and 492.8 torque. He put the race gas in and did number run #3 because i was going to the track that weekend and he was trying to show me what i would be running if i mixed a little race gas in because the car craves octane and he was getting knock. But, i think that he didnt want me to realize i lost a little going to the Full Corsa that he talked me into, and i told him we would lose some power and he said i would get more, and i really did lose a little so he didnt want to admit it. So, if you look at my gains from the 506.9 and 492.8 torque to the 536.0 and 552.8 you will see that i gained about 30hp and 59.5 torque to the wheels from the addition of the pulleys and injectors and water/meth injection system. Which are great gains.

Let this dyno # be a lesson to those of you who are looking for big #s on a machine to go make sure your on a dynojet instead of a SuperFlow wyndyn.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #76
Godsplumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by THR ZL1 #1 View Post
Am I missing something? . . I put down 549 RWHP and 525 RWTQ with just an air box , headers and tune.

Plus . . how do you loose 208 horse power through the drive line?

744-536= 208?!?!? I don't think so!
Well, if you look at this stock dyno on this dyno for the 580hp Zl1 you will notice the bottom line before the Araid is 418. But i guess you don't lose that much through the drive line do you.
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #77
The Baron

No.plumber.. I USE MUSTANG dynoes.. the operating error im talking about is common..
You sound like a inteligent man, think about this.. even through the IRS, you have a manual car.. even at THE High end of the spectrum GMs own calculation says there high end hp loss on auto cars is only in rhe 18-20% range..

I am guessing with your mods you car is making upper 600 flywheel and high 500 s wheel.. I bet the car runs its ass off..

The base number u started with is almost 35 hp down from the lowest numbers iv seen..

The reason I actually like dynojets is because of there ease of operating.

The calculation is simple.. no errors, or few errors can be made..

The drum weighs xxxx, you spun it to xxx speed in xxxx time..

Mustang or any other loaded dyno are big electric motors that depend on a ton of REAL AND ACCURATE info or they read wrong. . I use them because the only two dynojets in stl I know of are ran by scam artist I wont give money to..
Old 12-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #78
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning

Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
Hey using your math my ZL1 makes 762 fly wheel HP . . Love it! . .
THR ZL1 #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #79
Godsplumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
No.plumber.. I USE MUSTANG dynoes.. the operating error im talking about is common..
You sound like a inteligent man, think about this.. even through the IRS, you have a manual car.. even at THE High end of the spectrum GMs own calculation says there high end hp loss on auto cars is only in rhe 18-20% range..

I am guessing with your mods you car is making upper 600 flywheel and high 500 s wheel.. I bet the car runs its ass off..

The base number u started with is almost 35 hp down from the lowest numbers iv seen..

The reason I actually like dynojets is because of there ease of operating.

The calculation is simple.. no errors, or few errors can be made..

The drum weighs xxxx, you spun it to xxx speed in xxxx time..

Mustang or any other loaded dyno are big electric motors that depend on a ton of REAL AND ACCURATE info or they read wrong. . I use them because the only two dynojets in stl I know of are ran by scam artist I wont give money to..
Thank you, i appreciate you trying to be understanding and reasonable. The shop guy told me before he started his work that his dyno would break my heart. Plan was always to have the work checked out by another party and get the Dynojet #s when we were done anyway. So, i will post those Monday, and we will get the big, beautiful #s.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #80
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Actually he is a really nice guy and was just making a little light hearted comment using your logic. He took his rear wheel HP and calculated crank using your formula.
I wouldn't get too upset about it and you should meet him to see. I am sure your car is awesome as they all are. I hate all the dyno talk. What does it run?

I am confused about my own and need a dyno run at a dyno I have been on before so I have a reference point. But I know that is goes like hell. That's all that matters to me.

Best of luck with it! Regardless of what all the different dyno numbers say, I am sure you have a really nice car that is great fun to drive. Enjoy!
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #81
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
Oh I see we changed our mind about that post.
Peace - Out
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #82
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
How does the car feel compared to stock? Bet you butt dyno can feel the difference.
Also, why did you not have the blower ported? From info i have seen, blower cars really benifit from removing intake restrictions. Nice build and cant wait to see what kind of times it runs!
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:48 PM   #83
Godsplumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
Actually he is a really nice guy and was just making a little light hearted comment using your logic. He took his rear wheel HP and calculated crank using your formula.
I wouldn't get too upset about it and you should meet him to see. I am sure your car is awesome as they all are. I hate all the dyno talk. What does it run?

I am confused about my own and need a dyno run at a dyno I have been on before so I have a reference point. But I know that is goes like hell. That's all that matters to me.

Best of luck with it! Regardless of what all the different dyno numbers say, I am sure you have a really nice car that is great fun to drive. Enjoy!
Sorry about that, lost my self for a minute. I havent been back to track yet. So i dont know. It definitely is a ton faster than it was and louder. Very fun.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #84
The Baron

Guys porting a blower and porting the inlet are two diff things.. stay on track.