Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #29
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I double+ park all the time. No shame and its not a douchebag thing. The dbags are the ones who ding your door, don't leave a note, and give me a good reason to double park.

That said, I do make sure I'm in a far spot so as to make as little disturbance as possible.
No bro. If you double park, you're just going to make someone want to fuk with your car even more.
The chance of you getting keyed goes up probably 3 times as much. Scratch that, 4 times as much.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #30
wray1991

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
Park how ever the hell you want. It's a free country, so far. Anyone who knocks you on here is a db. Do what you want.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #31
wray1991

Drives: 2012 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
I'm a DB!! F#€k with my car and welcome to the fray!!

I don't use my car to do my daily running around so my car is never parked for long periods of time.. Stop in to grab a Starbucks, a burger or what not. I will and do park as far away as possible and do and will continue to double park, but don't fret my car will be within eye sight at all times..

Just because this car is not a $150,000 + car and comparing the two is stupid and just as much as a DB statement!!

You are right it is only a Camaro but it is my Camaro the one I paid for with my hard earned money!! Yep I worked my ass off to own it like most Americans do to own what they do, and a true honest American would understand that and leave other people's property alone!! Oh wait all these people that wave the American flag and f#€k with other people's hard earned property are really not true blooded Americans now are they, and if they were we would be able to park are cars anywhere without issue now wouldn't we? Not only that we wouldn't need to lock anything up either...

Peace be with you as I double park my $40,000+ Camaro, and when you see it I hope it ruins your day!!!

DB..
Great reply, and the problem is there are not too many true Americans any longer.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #32
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
No bro. If you double park, you're just going to make someone want to fuk with your car even more.
The chance of you getting keyed goes up probably 3 times as much. Scratch that, 4 times as much.
Please show me your empirical evidence!
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #33
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
I park normally and right where the cameras are pointing
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #34
Fentito5thgen
Sombra

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel Gray 2SS
WAIT !!! You supposed to stay inside the white lines?
Old 12-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #35
pocketcthulhu

Drives: 2014 2ss/RS 5th gen Camaro #2
Quote:

I don't use my car to do my daily running around so my car is never parked for long periods of time.. Stop in to grab a Starbucks, a burger or what not. I will and do park as far away as possible and do and will continue to double park, but don't fret my car will be within eye sight at all times..

Just because this car is not a $150,000 + car and comparing the two is stupid and just as much as a DB statement!!

You are right it is only a Camaro but it is my Camaro the one I paid for with my hard earned money!! Yep I worked my ass off to own it like most Americans do to own what they do, and a true honest American would understand that and leave other people's property alone!! Oh wait all these people that wave the American flag and f#€k with other people's hard earned property are really not true blooded Americans now are they, and if they were we would be able to park are cars anywhere without issue now wouldn't we? Not only that we wouldn't need to lock anything up either...

Peace be with you as I double park my $40,000+ Camaro, and when you see it I hope it ruins your day!!!

DB..
Wait Wait no one told me Dennis frigging Leary owned a camaro and posted here
Old 12-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #36
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Just because you park out in left field and take up 2 spaces and park on an angle doesn't stop some jerk from parking next to you close enough to ding your door. No parking lot is safe, ever.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #37
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Double parking doesn't mean someone won't park close to you anyway, ignoring the lines.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #38
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:

DB..
Says the DB
kostnkost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #39
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
If you are parking far away what's the point of double parking...???...double parking is the easiest way to get your car messed with...I park far away and usually on a corner space where I can get close to the curb...that way if someone does park next to me I won't get dinged because there will be plenty of space...
Point is some douche bag will still park next to your baby, just to mess with ya.
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #40
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
yay! another parking thread!
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #41
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:

DB..

I agree, but it's asking for trouble. Punks are drawn to a car taking up two spots. I watched a woman take a switchblade out of her purse and slash somebody's tires; the person had taken up two spots with a new pickup. Crazy girl did it right in front of everyone, and of course, the cops showed up but still, two slashed tires. See, you're not there every second to tell people to watch what they are doing because a foot will go in their ass if they f with the car

When you park way out at the back of the lot, 99 times out of 100, that part of the lot is empty anyway
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #42
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS Dakota View Post
I dont think it really matters if it's a ferrari or a ford pinto.
Besides..it's a parking spot, not YOUR backyard!
Suck it up!!!!
And it's not YOUR parking lot or YOUR roads. Suck it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post
I double+ park all the time. No shame and its not a douchebag thing. The dbags are the ones who ding your door, don't leave a note, and give me a good reason to double park.

That said, I do make sure I'm in a far spot so as to make as little disturbance as possible.
If you, or anybody else, thinks that somebody can't get close to you because of some painted white lines on the asphalt, you're very wrong. Your doors get dinged because of where YOU chose to park, not how.
Park at the back, take one spot, it's all open space anyways. Just because lines are there doesn't mean somebody won't park a foot from you. Why should they follow the lines if you didn't?

Honestly I park in the back. I take one spot. Never had a problem. If you park in 2 or more spots in the back, people are more likely to see it. If anything you're just giving people a reason the treat you like the jackwagon you're behaving like.

Last year at school, there was a kid who had a mustang and would always quad park in a full school parking lot. So, we boxed his car in on Friday afternoon around 4 and went to the football game. We were all in the band so we rode busses. Didnt get back until midnight or so. Embarrassing to call your mom for a ride cause you were a jerk.
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs

Last edited by My Caroline; 12-09-2012 at 01:13 PM.
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote