Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
'11CamaroLS

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
HELP WITH TUNING, URGENT

My laptop died midway through tuning, I went and got an adapter to plug in the laptop and make it work. Can I try to retune my car or is there a process I have to before trying again since it died midway the tune the first time??
'11CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Try to retune it....my first try failed and wouldn't crank. So just try again you'll be okay
Old 12-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
I'm not sure but I've seen threads here where others have done it and redid it so you're not the first. I would think if your car fired up again it should be alright to redo the tune.
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
'11CamaroLS

do i do force full flash or just tune it like regular
Old 12-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #5
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11CamaroLS View Post
do i do force full flash or just tune it like regular

I force a full flash.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
'11CamaroLS

thanks for the info, after work i was able to force full flash and it worked.

so what happened was i was going to work about to get on the freeway, and when i go to accelerate nothing happens. then i get the warning in the display of Reduced engine power, then a few seconds later just dies all together, right on the on ramp :( luckily i was only there for a few minutes then the Nevada DOT has emergency vans that drive up and down the freeways looking for people to help and he stopped behind me. at this point when i crank it it act like it wants to try and start but wont. I knew i was low on gas but the lights never came on for it and i was only a couple miles away from where i was gonna get gas, but the emergency van guy offered a gallon of gas to see if that works. but then comes the issue of im running E85 lol. but i decide to take the free gallon of gas to see if it starts my car, and it does. the emergency van follows me down to a parking lot right off the freeway, then gives me a ride to get my laptop so i can retune back to regular gas, and thats when the issue of my laptop died midway thru the tune only weird thing is when i started my car after forcing a full flash it idled super rough, (which i expect cause i have alot of e85 to only a gallon of reg gas) but it was like a loud chocking/rattling of my cats it sounded like? i reved it up a little bit and eventually it smoothed out and sounded fine.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
I lost count of how many different ways your were lucky in that post!!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #8
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I lost count of how many different ways your were lucky in that post!!

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #9
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Holy cow
Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #10
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11CamaroLS View Post
thanks for the info, after work i was able to force full flash and it worked.

so what happened was i was going to work about to get on the freeway, and when i go to accelerate nothing happens. then i get the warning in the display of Reduced engine power, then a few seconds later just dies all together, right on the on ramp :( luckily i was only there for a few minutes then the Nevada DOT has emergency vans that drive up and down the freeways looking for people to help and he stopped behind me. at this point when i crank it it act like it wants to try and start but wont. I knew i was low on gas but the lights never came on for it and i was only a couple miles away from where i was gonna get gas, but the emergency van guy offered a gallon of gas to see if that works. but then comes the issue of im running E85 lol. but i decide to take the free gallon of gas to see if it starts my car, and it does. the emergency van follows me down to a parking lot right off the freeway, then gives me a ride to get my laptop so i can retune back to regular gas, and thats when the issue of my laptop died midway thru the tune only weird thing is when i started my car after forcing a full flash it idled super rough, (which i expect cause i have alot of e85 to only a gallon of reg gas) but it was like a loud chocking/rattling of my cats it sounded like? i reved it up a little bit and eventually it smoothed out and sounded fine.

Wow haha that is all I can say. But this reminds me I still need to log my car after the first intial tune I got to make sure my fuel trims are fine...keep forgetting to do that I mean its only been like a couple months haha
Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
You could have left the E85 tune on it and drove it to the gas station. It would just run around 20% too much fuel. As long as it wasn't a long drive or anything you'd be fine. I wouldn't recommend doing it a lot, but just a couple miles to the gas station would have been ok. Fuel trims would have been way off for a bit but it's not like it would have caused any kind of critical engine failure. Especially if you babied it.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
CamaroV6
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6 1LT Manual
Glad it worked out for you!!!!
CamaroV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #13
Zyzz_Brah

Drives: LS2 Goat
you will be fine this has happen to me a few times. what happens is that when you dont finish the tune you leave a blank ECU and then u retune and it back to normal. car wont turn on btw
Zyzz_Brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:06 AM   #14
'11CamaroLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNRacing View Post
You could have left the E85 tune on it and drove it to the gas station. It would just run around 20% too much fuel. As long as it wasn't a long drive or anything you'd be fine. I wouldn't recommend doing it a lot, but just a couple miles to the gas station would have been ok. Fuel trims would have been way off for a bit but it's not like it would have caused any kind of critical engine failure. Especially if you babied it.
yeah the e85 gas station was about 3 or 4 miles away so i wasnt sure how far i could really go on a gallon of gas. plus i wasnt sure what the problem really was so i wanted to get back to reg gas if i did need to take it in to the dealer. do you know what different senarios makes our cars display the "reduced engine power" warning to display?