Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #15
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
let me know too. ??
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #16
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
TB failure eh?

First I've heard of.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #17
ponbigi

Drives: 2011 CAMARO LS
My car has spent a significant amount of its life in that dealerships service department..... 4 times for the manual transmission, 1 time for the engine, (for about 4 weeks) few other "cosmetic issues" I have had the wheather stripping replaced 10 times... They still cant get it right.. i just gave up. Yeah, i love my car but she's been a stubborn bitch!
ponbigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #18
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponbigi View Post
It wasnt damp out, dry as a bone that was said by another guy. I just heard back.

They said it was a Throttle Body failure... Covered under my extended warranty... Thank god.

Anyone with more knowledge about these things please let me know.
I advise you clean your MAF also with some cleaner just in case. Never heard of a TB causing all that mess. But I'm not GM tech even tho most don't even know the name of the cars they are working on.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Old 12-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #19
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
TB failure eh?

First I've heard of.
We think a little lmao. I think this isn't the issue. Just a part of the solution maybe.

Old 12-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
ponbigi

hahah... Yeah, i will do that... now i just need to figure out where it is Ill be honest i dont know much about cars but i also think there is another underlying issues. Ill find out tomorrow immeadiately if it starts acting up again. It was a gradual decrease in power that got continueally worse. I thought maybe fuel pump?/ Timing chain? I am still worred about the decrease in oil life of 30% in 800 miles.. Thats what scares me most. Wouldnt that be indicative of foreign objects in the oil possibly? Sensor could be going bad too though.... IDK!
Old 12-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #21
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Quote:
hahah... Yeah, i will do that... now i just need to figure out where it is Ill be honest i dont know much about cars but i also think there is another underlying issues. Ill find out tomorrow immeadiately if it starts acting up again. It was a gradual decrease in power that got continueally worse. I thought maybe fuel pump?/ Timing chain? I am still worred about the decrease in oil life of 30% in 800 miles.. Thats what scares me most. Wouldnt that be indicative of foreign objects in the oil possibly? Sensor could be going bad too though.... IDK!
//////thats about right, I think the Oil cycle is based on 3000 miles, so being down 30% in 800 miles sounds right.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
ponbigi

really? i have never seen it go that fast, i thought the sensor was based around 7500.00. It took about 6500 miles to get down to 0% but that was first run... oh well i may be paranoid
Old 12-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #23
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
//////thats about right, I think the Oil cycle is based on 3000 miles, so being down 30% in 800 miles sounds right.
That's not the case these days anymore. Cars can go past 3000 miles with out a oil change. It has been increased to 6000–7000 miles. GM's oil system is more advanced than many know. It actually analysis the oils detergents,how it's burned, and engine usage to display a proper percentage. They have a very useful video that was posted sometime last year about this. So 3000 miles isn't the case anymore these days. But is a good practice if you run your car hard.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #24
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
ponbigi,

That is great that it was covered under your extended service contract. How was the service?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

BrandonTietz/cac/sm/sag/gw0
Old 12-27-2012, 08:53 PM   #25
ponbigi

Got the car back this morning, appears the issue has been resolved, even seems like I have even more power, Fish tailed coming out of the dealership!!!! -

Brandon,

Len Bishop at chapman cheverolet is a god send and is the ONLY reason i still take my car back to the original dealership, like i said, shes been in the shop half of her life. I love my Camaro but.... she sure has seen the shop a lot.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
The car is at the dealership... The check engine light went on as i got to the dealership today... Whats real interesting is I just got an oil change 3 weeks ago, maybe 800 miles on it since then and already down to 62% life..... (1st oil change since new install) No after market parts on this car. Completely stock. I thought it might have been bad gas as well but before I left i filled her up with 91 octane.. pardon my ignorance MAF? Manifold??
Was the oil life meter reset after your oil change?
Old 12-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #27
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
That's not the case these days anymore. Cars can go past 3000 miles with out a oil change. It has been increased to 6000–7000 miles. GM's oil system is more advanced than many know. It actually analysis the oils detergents,how it's burned, and engine usage to display a proper percentage. They have a very useful video that was posted sometime last year about this. So 3000 miles isn't the case anymore these days. But is a good practice if you run your car hard.

With all due respect 6-7K I think is a mistake UNLESS you are checking and adding as necessary. The oil can make it, but will the level make it?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:06 AM   #28
ponbigi

yes it was reset... i make sure everytime i get in the car