Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #4005
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by naSSty1 View Post
I have one. It's a SR25 but lethal as hell out to 600m. I use a leupold mk4 with a tremor 2 reticle. On my larger rifles I use Schmidt & Bender with the same reticle
SR25... 20" barrel and 7.62 right? Those rifles are good to 600 yards easy. I would scope that too . I guess I always assume it's a 16" and .223 (as the vast majority of "AR"'s tend to be).

CHMSC, my personal preference isn't to scope something like yours (at least not a high quality break the bank scope)... but it DOES have a 20" barrel, so it's not like it can't shoot 300 yards. I'd definitely use a round that's got a little more heat to it than the 55g .223. The 1:8 can shoot pretty heavy bullets, and if you're chambered for 5.56, they have a little more heat on them.

But as far as the scope... I mean if you'll carry it to a new build anyway, pay good money for it. And it depends on how nice you want. It's really easy to pay a grand for a mid grade scope. That's part of the reason I don't scope mine.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #4006
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Anybody having any luck finding .223 online recently? I figure probably not but it doesn't hurt to ask.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #4007
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I like the 2 eyes approach as well. There's no problem with that using the Aimpoint either. But yeah, it's preference more than anything. My red dot is at the forward end of the rail... maybe just a little farther forward but about the same as where your EXPS is. The EOTech was just a preference of "too busy" on the 65MOA ring. I found it a little distracting. I do like the slightly lower profile on those though. I was hesitant about the PRO at first, but it's not nearly as bulky as I thought it would be.

I don't know what I want for the .308 yet. But I really want something that's accurate and reliable for the 3-400 yard range. The AR is just not that weapon. Your gun is beautiful though. I like the silver lower. Is it polished or anodized?
The NP3 coating is made of a nickel alloy and Teflon, and only comes in silver. They use it on the upper, lower and bolt carrier assembly.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #4008
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
The NP3 coating is made of a nickel alloy and Teflon, and only comes in silver. They use it on the upper, lower and bolt carrier assembly.
That's hott man.
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:12 PM   #4009
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
That's hott man.

There's more, but I don't necessarily understand all of it. Here are the specs for you weapon geniuses.

Barrel
• 7.25", 10.5", 14.5", 16.5", and 18" heavy contour hand-lapped button twisted rifled, fluted to reduce weight and heat.
• 4150 Mil-B-11595 chrome-moly-vanadium alloy (machine gun rated).
• 70 Rockwell case hardened (Nitride) heat-treated "5R" polygonal barrels are 2x harder than MIL-SPEC and hammer-forged barrels.
• Corrosion resistant, 10x thicker, and 10x harder than MIL-SPEC chrome lining.
• POF-USA .75" (7.25" brl) and 1.5" muzzle devices.
• 5.56x45 mm NATO (.223 Remington) chamber.

Method of Operation
• Gas Piston operated, rotating bolt (short stroke system).
• 3-position gas system for normal, suppressed, and bolt-action operating modes.
• C.R.O.S.™ (Corrosion Resistant Operating System) Nitride heat treated barrel, single-piece gas block, Nitride heat-treated gas plug, chromed gas piston, and NP3™ coated bolt carrier assembly (one-piece) all billet machined.

Bolt & Carrier
• Nickel plated 8620, integral keyed, steel bolt carrier (billet machined), heat treated/plated per MIL-SPEC.
• Roller cam pin, NP3™ coated.
• Chrome plated bolt, heat-treated to MIL-SPEC.

Upper Receiver
• POF-USA Modular Railed Receiver™ (M.R.R.™), free-floating handguard, monolithic top rail system, billet machined 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy.
• 2-piece A3 flattop upper receiver.
• Oversized heat-sink barrel nut.
• Black Anodized charging handle.
Lower Receiver
• P415, GEN III billet machined 7075-T6 aircraft aluminum alloy with integrated oversized trigger guard.
• Ambidextrous bolt release lever machined into the lower receiver.
• Drop-in, single-stage, 4.5 lb. non-adjustable trigger system.
• Magpul™ MOE™ pistol grip.
• KNS™ Precision anti-walk pins.
• Ambidextrous selector switch.
• NORGON ambidextrous magazine release.
• Magpul™ CTR™ 6-position retractable buttstock.
• Anti-tilt buffer tube with four drain holes for marine use.
• Black Anodized, NP3™, or Olive Drab CeraKote™ finishes.

Handguard
• POF-USA free-floating Modular Railed Receiver™ (M.R.R.™).
• Detachable handguard rail estate for large objective lens scopes.
• ERGO™ ladder rail covers.
• Single-piece sling/bi-pod mount.

Magazine
• 30-round Magpul™ PMAG™ polymer magazine included.

Sights (optional)
• POF-USA FTA-2005 snag-free front sight.
• TROY™ flip-up front and rear sights.
• Diamondhead® flip-up front and rear Combat Sights™.

Weights
• 6.2 - 7.9 lbs. (empty)

Manufacturing
• All raw materials, heat-treats, platings/coatings, accessories, and component parts on our weapon systems are made 100% through U.S. owned and operated steel mills and manufacturers.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #4010
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
SR25... 20" barrel and 7.62 right? Those rifles are good to 600 yards easy. I would scope that too . I guess I always assume it's a 16" and .223 (as the vast majority of "AR"'s tend to be).

CHMSC, my personal preference isn't to scope something like yours... but it DOES have a 20" barrel, so it's not like it can't shoot 300 yards. I'd definitely use a round that's got a little more heat to it than the 55g .223. The 1:8 can shoot pretty heavy bullets, and if you're chambered for 5.56, they have a little more heat on them.

But as far as the scope... I mean if you'll carry it to a new build anyway, pay good money for it. And it depends on how nice you want. It's really easy to pay a grand for a mid grade scope. That's part of the reason I don't scope mine.
Yes I am going to go with a heavier grain. That's just the last batch I bought for short range for my other AR. I am going to scope it because I have seen some others do it and it works awesome. So I will see. I know 5.56/.223 has a lot more drop but I am wanting to play around with this caliber and see how it goes. Yup chamber for 5.56 and will get some when everyone stops buying it all up and it's not $1m for a 1000 rounds lol ya I am not wanting to pay quite that much yet. Next year I will splurge and buy a nice scope, right now i am just wanting something within reason, not 3k or 7k for a freakin scope.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #4011
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Yes I am going to go with a heavier grain. That's just the last batch I bought for short range for my other AR. I am going to scope it because I have seen some others do it and it works awesome. So I will see. I know 5.56/.223 has a lot more drop but I am wanting to play around with this caliber and see how it goes. Yup chamber for 5.56 and will get some when everyone stops buying it all up and it's not $1m for a 1000 rounds lol ya I am not wanting to pay quite that much yet. Next year I will splurge and buy a nice scope, right now i am just wanting something within reason, not 3k or 7k for a freakin scope.
Are you trying to say this isn't a good deal?
Attached Images

Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #4012
naSSty1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Yeah I fixed my post. I was referring to my variant of the Mk12. Although you are correct, there is always an assumption that when someone says AR they are always talking about a 5.56. Lets not forget our AR10.
naSSty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #4013
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Their low price..
Old 01-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #4014
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznts View Post
Their low price..
And you gotta love the irony of their company name.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #4015
naSSty1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
And this is why I reload.
naSSty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #4016
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by naSSty1 View Post
And this is why I reload.
I need to start!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #4017
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Quote:
Aren't they just a stand up group. Lmao
Old 01-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #4018
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
More like full of shit. And ya I am saying that is NOT a good deal lol

At the gun show last weekend they were selling 5.56 and .223 for $1 a round or more WTF?

Tags
camaro gun