Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
KCS

Drives: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am
510 Race Engineering

Hi Everyone,

I just want to introduce myself and 510 Race Engineering to those of you who have not heard of us yet. 510 Race Engineering is a rapidly growing performance shop in the Houston, Texas area specializing in late model GM vehicles. Owners Matt Zapalac and Randy Chovanetz founded 510 Race Engineering by offering ported factory castings out of the closet of another shop with nothing more than Superflow SF600 Flowbench, a couple of grinders, and an education from The School of Automotive Machinists. Built on a reputation of quality and performance, 510 Race Engineering is now turning out some of the country’s fastest street cars from a 7,000 sq. ft. facility located in Tomball, TX offering services ranging from professional parts installations to fully customized builds.

We recently made it into the elusive 200+ MPH Club at the October ’12 TX Mile event with Chris Turner’s C6 ZO6 Corvette. Propelled by our Stage 3 440ci LS7 on a Pfadt suspension, Chris’ C6Z achieved 189 MPH in naturally aspirated trim and 205.8 MPH with the help of a 200hp shot of nitrous. Yes, we sprayed 200hp worth of nitrous all the way through 5th gear and yes, the
engine survived to be driven to work the following weeks.

With our latest purchase of a Mustang dynamometer, we will also be offering more comprehensive tuning services via EFILive, as well as a whole new level of development in our cylinder head and camshaft product lines as GM introduces new vehicle and engine combinations, such as the 2014 LS7 Camaro. We have already rolled out a very potent Stage 3 package for the 2012 and up ZL1 Camaros, consisting of our ported heads, a custom spec camshaft, blower upgrades, and the supporting bolt-ons to make over 700whp through the factory automatic transmission. Check out this video we threw together of the latest Shane's ZL1...701whp and 689ft-lbs...

For you guys itching for boost, we are currently offering a Procharger package for the 5th Gen Camaros. What you get is ProCharger's complete High Output D1SC centrifugal supercharger with intercooler, installed AND tuned...$6999.99 plus tax

As for me, my name is Kent. As another SAM graduate, I’ve been building and machining engines for the better part of a decade, from 600ci Offshore Powerboats to 1000+whp LSX engines. I’ll be around on the forums to help offer advice as well as let you guys know about cool projects we have in the shop, or special pricing on products for your 5th generation Camaro. In the meantime, if you have any questions or you would like more info on our products, don’t hesitate to send me a PM or give us a call at the shop.

Thanks,
Kent
kent@510raceengineering.com
(281)255 - 4463
KCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
Garret

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Victory Red
Welcome to the forum what brands do y'all offer?
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
brands?
oh and glad to see 510 is a forum sponsor
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Awesome!

Ive had some work done on my camaro by 510 (back in the old shop) and they are a good bunch of dudes. Work was very well done and the prices were great.

I'll definitely be looking to do some more business at 510 and I look forward to seeing the new shop.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
Garret

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Victory Red
Like ARH and Pfadt
Garret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garret View Post
Like ARH and Pfadt
If it's Camaro, Corvette, LS based etc... they will have it.

Great Shop..
Old 01-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #7
davidcroft
Sellin Chevy's since '06

Drives: 18ZL1 02Z-28
Quote:
Like ARH and Pfadt
They can get any brand you want....but when you let them spec their preferred combo...it runs flawlessly and makes more power than most shops
Being graduates of S.A.M., they understand engines from the inside out. They don't just bolt-on power and run whatever worked last time like most shops.
SOLD! '18 ZL1 Mosiac Blk
SOLD!'16 SS Sedan-Forgestars/ARH/rotofab
TRADED!2014 SS Sedan
SOLD! 2013 Blue Ray1SS/1LE 1of20.
TRADED! 2012 White 1SS/RS
davidcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:37 AM   #8
Blackfly

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS/ 2011 Camaro SS
I have seen proof of this shops products.

Pavement shredders live here!

================
2002 Black/Black SS- Finally! 350RWHP!
2011 IOM Camaro 2SS
Automotive Blog- Cars, Fast cars and Faster Cars!
Blackfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #9
KCS

Thanks for the warm welcome and all the kind words guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateSS View Post
Awesome!

Ive had some work done on my camaro by 510 (back in the old shop) and they are a good bunch of dudes. Work was very well done and the prices were great.

I'll definitely be looking to do some more business at 510 and I look forward to seeing the new shop.
From one veteran to another, we'd be honored to continue doing business with you as well. I've actually been out to Ft. Rucker on several training missions as an OPFOR NCO for some of the CAB's going on deployment. If you're ever in the area again, feel free to drop by.

Quote:
Like ARH and Pfadt
Yep, as well as Roto-Fab, Ram Clutches, ProCharger, Manley, Corsa...you name it. We have great working relationships with many big name manufacturers so we're not really limited in what combinations we can come up with to suit the criteria of our customers.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
Blackfly

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS/ 2011 Camaro SS
PM a quote on exhaust system for 2002 SS with original CME and Jethot headers 3" collector.

Looking at a 3" Corsa set-up with electric cutout or magnaflow.

Professional, smooth welds please, I have seen other shops attempt at using a Mig welder and realized it was clown work.

================
2002 Black/Black SS- Finally! 350RWHP!
2011 IOM Camaro 2SS
Automotive Blog- Cars, Fast cars and Faster Cars!
Blackfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #11
KCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfly View Post
PM a quote on exhaust system for 2002 SS with original CME and Jethot headers 3" collector.

Looking at a 3" Corsa set-up with electric cutout or magnaflow.

Professional, smooth welds please, I have seen other shops attempt at using a Mig welder and realized it was clown work.
No problem, check your inbox later today.

Our welder came from a company that fabricated oilfield components, from A572 and A514 steel in full blown rigs to 304SS hydration tanks. I can assure you that you will be pleased with the quality of the welds.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #12
tavo431

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
These guys at 510 installed cam, headers, UP plus other little stuff. They had the car ready to be tuned in like 2 days! Pretty fast if you ask me (considering they had other cars in their shop.) Altough I had the tune done at another location (my choice nothing against 510) the car runs pretty smooth and it pulls hard!

Great work from the guys at 510 I have been recommending them ever since lol keep it up.
tavo431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:37 AM   #13
BACH
Delving the Ordure ...

Drives: '10 2SS/RS 6M CGM, '94 Z-71
Randy and the guys at 510 installed some gears and rear bushings in my car late last year.

Great job and even better customer service! These guys are personable and you don't feel like they're too busy to dal with you. I checked around almost every shop in Houston, and these guys beat the price, but the customer service that is wavering on some of the other shops is what won me over.

And I'll be back when my son figures out how to drive his car and my truck without breaking something...

My journal: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164741
BACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:32 PM   #14
BeardWS6

Drives: 01 WS6
I`m still on the fence with my ZL1 to mod. I have priced 2 local shops and thinking I want to do blower upgrades, cam, inj,CAI,headers. I don`t want heads.