Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN-IV View Post
Very nice looking install!

Thank you!
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #16
james347

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.w View Post
I just installed my monster can on my Whipple LS3 today too!

Thanks to Tracy for great advise, prompt service and an AWESOME! product!

I took the time to remove my driver's side valve cover and replace the 3/8" rear fitting with a 1/2", as well as replacing the 3/8" on the front of the Whipple with a 1/2". This baby is going to be able to breathe a whole lot better!

Here are some pics.

Here's the difference from my old eBay-crappy catch can to the new RX Monster.

Excellent job!

Once I found out about trapping oil before it had a chance to get back into the engine I was determined that this would get installed. Seems like such an obvious thing, but I think it gets overlooked by many people who are more focused on other things. But if you think about it, keeping oil and oil vapors out of the intake of the engine will help performance as well. I dunno, just thinking out loud here.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #17
simon.w
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS RS 6M Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by james347 View Post
Excellent job!

Once I found out about trapping oil before it had a chance to get back into the engine I was determined that this would get installed. Seems like such an obvious thing, but I think it gets overlooked by many people who are more focused on other things. But if you think about it, keeping oil and oil vapors out of the intake of the engine will help performance as well. I dunno, just thinking out loud here.
Thanks!

I only had to look at the crappy burnt oil on the underside of my valve cover when I went to install the 1/2" fitting to know that I desperately needed the RX.

As a point of interest ... I tried installing double baffles into my cheap catch cans ... I thought I could save some money ... what a false economy. a) it didn't work and b) I ended up wasting my money and needing to go for the real thing!
simon.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #18
bikerdan
BLOWNSS

Drives: 2011 SUPERCHARGED Camero SS
Still confused where the catch can actually connects to motor. I had a catch can before maggie. Does it not connect to same place?
2011 LS3 SS/RS, M6, Maggie TVS2300 - cog drive, CAI, ZL1 fuel pump, Autometer gages, BEHE Performance tune , boost and AFR gages, MGW shifter, SLP long tube headers with high flow cats, Flowmaster Pro ex., Pfadt trailing arms, toe rods & bushings, G-Force axles, American Racing wheels, 305 mm P zero on rear, Elite catch can, SLP hood, amp & sub.
bikerdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #19
james347

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdan View Post
Still confused where the catch can actually connects to motor. I had a catch can before maggie. Does it not connect to same place?

Based on the instructions from RX, placing it before the maggie sounds right. At least that is how it looks in my setup. Catching the oil-vapors before it has a chance to get into the charger/intake.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
simon.w
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS RS 6M Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdan View Post
I emailed RX to ask whether I should use 2 cans for my Whipple and this is what Tracy recommended ... so I'm guessing your maggie would be the same:

I would go with the RX "Monster" can. Not 2 cans ($259 so saves some $ and will work better).

You would run one outer fitting of the monster can to using a checkvalved line (comes with -8 AN fittings and the integrated valves inline) to the whipple barb now used, the center non chckvalved line to the rear of the drivers side valve cover, and the other outer checkvalved line to the air intake/box fresh air barb that used to run to the passenger side valve cover.

FYI that then leaves the PCV outlet on the front of the passenger side valve cover unused ... so it is blocked off with the supplied cap, and then the one-way breather oil filler cap is fitted to prevent vacuum build up on decel.
simon.w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #21
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.w View Post
I emailed RX to ask whether I should use 2 cans for my Whipple and this is what Tracy recommended ... so I'm guessing your maggie would be the same:

I would go with the RX "Monster" can. Not 2 cans ($259 so saves some $ and will work better).

You would run one outer fitting of the monster can to using a checkvalved line (comes with -8 AN fittings and the integrated valves inline) to the whipple barb now used, the center non chckvalved line to the rear of the drivers side valve cover, and the other outer checkvalved line to the air intake/box fresh air barb that used to run to the passenger side valve cover.

FYI that then leaves the PCV outlet on the front of the passenger side valve cover unused ... so it is blocked off with the supplied cap, and then the one-way breather oil filler cap is fitted to prevent vacuum build up on decel.
exactly what i'm going with,,,,
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #22
FelipeShaw

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss/rs and 2010 2ss/rs
Any advice installing a Monster Catch Can on a LS3 twin turbo?
2003 Silverado 1500 4x4 quadrasteer 5.3L
2018 Escalade 6.2L

CustomDip&Paint LLC. Discount for all Camaro5.com users.
FelipeShaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #23
uniqueskillz

Drives: ETMC built 700+hp Twin Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeShaw View Post
Any advice installing a Monster Catch Can on a LS3 twin turbo?
This^^^^

Had my monster catch can for months now and still havent hooked it up yet
uniqueskillz is offline   Reply With Quote