Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 AM   #253
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Any of you have issues with the lenses fogging? I just installed my first set today and.... the outer two fog at night -_-
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #254
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
Any of you have issues with the lenses fogging? I just installed my first set today and.... the outer two fog at night -_-
had them over 2 years... no, never had that problem.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #255
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
I've had it happen twice (that I know of) when I washed them on a cool day w/cold water. Quickly dried out once the sun came out.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #256
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Cool lights, but not worth the hassle.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #257
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
I agree. They definitely aren't worth the hassle. Some people may be okay with them having to send them back and Technostalgia fixing them for free. For me, I don't want to go through the trouble of removing the taillight bezels, unbolting and disconnecting the taillights to send them back when components fail. When the lights are sent back, you have to either drive the car with your stock taillights (and either keep the bezels off so you don't have to remove them a second time when you get the techno's back), or don't drive the vehicle. I'd rather a company make taillights that just simply work for an extended period of time even if their "warranty" isn't all that lengthy of a period of time. It's almost like their warranty is to make people feel warm and fuzzy inside, but that feeling will go away quickly when things go wrong repeatedly.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #258
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
Add me to the battery drain list,no fogging,been working fine for a year otherwise.Used to be a dd,so never noticed drain,now after a week a dead or nearly dead battery.Planning on keeping them in and have wife drive the car once a week while I'm out of town.

OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #259
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCwhiteKnight View Post
Add me to the battery drain list,no fogging,been working fine for a year otherwise.Used to be a dd,so never noticed drain,now after a week a dead or nearly dead battery.Planning on keeping them in and have wife drive the car once a week while I'm out of town.
Thanks man, I'll add you to the list right now. Thanks for posting, and what a fantastic car you have .
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #260
BADMAB
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Hey Everyone,

For clarification, I received this from Todd last week: http://bad-mab.com/long_term_storage.pdf

Thanks,
Brad
BADMAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #261
SSAINT

Drives: "11 2SS/RS VR vert BG/BG SW stripes
That would have been nice to know when buying the lights
SSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #262
BADMAB
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
I suggested they start including it in the box.
BADMAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #263
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
So after having a similar battery draining experience on my car, I decided to follow Normagene's suggestion and try wiring the pink wire from the taillights to a switched source in the trunk. After not finding any switched sources in the trunk fuse box, I decided to wire mine into amplifier remote turn-on wire coming out of the FARK kit from ******** that was installed when I added my JL amp a few weeks ago. Using my method, the tail brake lights do not work unless the key is turned. The third brake light in the spoiler does work and so do the taillights without the key. As far as all other functions, here is how they work with the modified wiring:

Taillights work fine without the key.

Brake lights work without the key as long as the lights are turned on with the knob.

Hazard lights also work without the key as long as the lights are turned on with the knob.

Everything works like it should with the key turned in the ignition.

The only functionality lost without the pink wire run to the battery are the taillight brake lights without the key. I did not test show mode with the headlights on, but I would imagine since everything else works with the lights turned on show mode would too.

After 1 week of sitting in my garage, here are my findings:

My fix seems to be working. The voltage measured at the battery earlier today was 11.83v as shown in the picture below. My normal resting voltage is about 12.11v, so there was a little loss, but not much. Also, since there are a bunch of other electrical systems in the car, it is possible this voltage drop is not from the taillights. This was after sitting for two weeks, but I will tell you that I started it once last Saturday when I had some friends over that wanted to hear it and see the lights. It ran for about 5 minutes and was rev'd up a few times. This morning it fired right up after sitting for a week.

Voltage after sitting for 7 days:

Here is my voltage with the car running today:

Here is a picture of the pink wire and how I have it ran now. The blue wire is the amp remote wire. See the pic below.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #264
ZL600 FK

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL600 #15 (IOM) Convert
What happens when you turn the key on but shut off radio?
ZL600 FK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #265
OKCwhiteKnight

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro 2015 Colorado
I went out of town last week,so I unplugged the harness to the tail lights (1 ea. side).Plugged them back in yesterday,car fired right up after sitting a week.Normally,my wife would drive it a day or two while I am out of town,but was looking for an easy solution for bad weather weeks when I would rather she didn't drive it. Easy for her to plug in in case of emergency use. We have a club member who installed these lights without ever connecting show mode wire(pink)to the battery,yet still had battery drain.Anyone else? If it's not the pink wire draining the battery a switch would do no good. My show mode pink wire is connected with ground connected to a switch,as per orig. manufactures instructions.
Attached Images

Last edited by OKCwhiteKnight; 02-24-2013 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Add Pic
OKCwhiteKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #266
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Ive had no issue with mine so far "knock on wood"
no draining no fogging and no burnt LEDs
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote