Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 02-15-2013, 07:19 AM   #7687
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by somers17 View Post
So has any one in Tucson get the infamous dash crack on the passenger side? I just noticed mine yesterday for the first time. If you have, is there a quality dealer here to go to, or should I just Chevrolet customer service?
I do, Tony from Douglas had this on both his Camaro's. Tony had his replaced at O'Reillys, they did a good job. He went through GM Customer Service and was only charged $100 for one. I had 59,000 miles and my Camaro is 3 1/3 years old, so Watson is going to charge me $207 to fix it. If you are still under Bumper to Bumper warranty you should not have to pay anything. If this becomes a recall, I will get my money back. Tony was happy with O'Reillys work, I can't say about Watson yet. I talked to Ziv at Watson, he dealt with GM Customer Service for me, I just do not have the patience for that right now.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #7688
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaras2SS View Post
Who all is going to the car show on Sat? I haven't registered but am really thinking of going.
We will be in Phoenix that day :(
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #7689
somers17

Drives: 2010 5g LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
I do, Tony from Douglas had this on both his Camaro's. Tony had his replaced at O'Reillys, they did a good job. He went through GM Customer Service and was only charged $100 for one. I had 59,000 miles and my Camaro is 3 1/3 years old, so Watson is going to charge me $207 to fix it. If you are still under Bumper to Bumper warranty you should not have to pay anything. If this becomes a recall, I will get my money back. Tony was happy with O'Reillys work, I can't say about Watson yet. I talked to Ziv at Watson, he dealt with GM Customer Service for me, I just do not have the patience for that right now.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll see if Tony posts over the weekend and I'll plan to call GM next week.
somers17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #7690
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Update to our attendees for tonight's meeting;

FlynnAz
BODIH +1
40 Years +1
Big Sis
Buckeye
Taintedveins
No2Sno
FastCam
Bradrulz
Tamaras2SS
Randal H
Jorge J
RBWalters
Reighard55
Copper3000 +1

Everyone be safe on the drive down. Traffic could be heavy. See you there!

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #7691
Bradrulz

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Update to our attendees for tonight's meeting;

FlynnAz
BODIH +1
40 Years +1
Big Sis
Buckeye
Taintedveins
No2Sno
FastCam
Bradrulz
Tamaras2SS
Randal H
Jorge J
RBWalters
Reighard55
Copper3000 +1

Everyone be safe on the drive down. Traffic could be heavy. See you there!
Mine will be +2 as my wife and our 4-year old daughter are coming with me.
MRT2.0 with Helmholtz Pipes, Cold Air Inductions CAI, 4-Pack Gauges, Flat Black Stripes, Added Spare Tire Kit, Elite Catch Can, Chrome 20" Wheels, HUD, ABL Doors, GM Dovetail, Matte Black Gills, Rear Fascia Blackout
Bradrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #7692
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Any chance you'll make the meeting Friday night? If not, we'll plan on seeing you Saturday at the car show.
Couldn't go Friday. Went as a spectator on Saturday but was only there for about 45 minutes as I had a friend in from out of town. Went by the Camaro tent but I think everyone was mingling, I waved.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to see you and Sis.
-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #7693
REIGHARD55

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 50th anniversary ed
LED LIGHTS

Anybody interested in led lights,nows the time to save some money.
Attached Images

REIGHARD55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #7694
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Congrats to RBWalters for his second consecutive win at the Oro Valley Car Show this weekend!!!

Also a welcome and congrats to new club member David B. for his win at the car show for his 1987 IROC-Z. One of the nicest 3rd gens I've seen with only 5,100 miles on it! He wants to start enjoying the car and adding some miles by joining us on some cruises.

A beautiful day for the show Saturday, and a great turn-out for the meeting Friday in Green Valley! I'll have notes from the meeting tomorrow.

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #7695
rbwalters
RandyBW

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Smile OV Car Show

Thanks, everyone. It really was a great day, and to repeat was totally unexpected! I especially want to thank my old buddy Frank and the rest of the judges ...
rbwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #7696
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Congrats Randy!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #7697
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbwalters View Post
I especially want to thank my old buddy Frank and the rest of the judges ...
And I am sure that Frank and the "other" judges thank you for the superb dinner afterwards.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #7698
somers17

I wanted to check here first before I posted in the general forum. Does anyone know off the top of their head if the line from the master cylinder to the transmission is the same for the V6 and V8? I would like to go to a steel braided line for my V6 and just can't find one.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #7699
Blue Grinder

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS IBM w white stripes
Hi everybody. My grandson was born 2 months ago and I have been extremely busy for a while but hopefully I can start getting involved again soon. I was planning on attending the Sahuarita car show since that's where I live, but I accompanied a co-worker to San Antonio for back surgery.

On a side note, I just recently installed the Cherry Bomb cat-back exhaust and I am very satisfied. David, did you remove that foil looking pan above the pipes? I remember you posted something about a rattle but I can't seem to find that post now. I occasionally hear it and was wondering if that is what you were talking about. Also, did you put that brace back on? Right now, mine is off because it seemed it would put too much pressure on the pipes when tightened. I guess I could just get some spacers but I don't think it would be a problem if it's not reinstalled.

I also plasti-dipped my wheels black.
Attached Images

Blue Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #7700
somers17

I put on the wheels and finished my coilover installation Sunday, but didn't get around to the shifter. Waiting for it to settle and dial in the height this weekend and hopefully get to that shifter.
Attached Images