Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
3M 1080 black matte vinyl wrap

I'm looking to purchase the 3M 1080 vinyl wrap. I was researching them on the net, but it seem like everyone damn near is selling it on the net.

If anyone knows a place, or a site in which I can purchase a whole roll from I would appreciate the help. Thxs in advance.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #2
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
which vendors sell it here in precut pieces. i think this is what comes on the 1le hood and i want some other blackout pieces
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
I'm looking to purchase the 3M 1080 vinyl wrap. I was researching them on the net, but it seem like everyone damn near is selling it on the net.

If anyone knows a place, or a site in which I can purchase a whole roll from I would appreciate the help. Thxs in advance.
We looked at the 1080 after it came out and decided we did not like it as much as we liked the Hexis material we have been carrying. The 3M material is thinner and easier to tear along the pattern.

The longest roll we have on the site is 22 yards, 792 inches. Generally enough to wrap an entire vehicle with if you are ambitious and so inclined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
which vendors sell it here in precut pieces. i think this is what comes on the 1le hood and i want some other blackout pieces
Buying the wrap "pre-cut" is generally a bad idea. The material is designed to be stretched into place to smooth out over a complex curved surface. Extra material to hold / pull on will make the install a lot easier / cleaner in the end.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #4
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
We looked at the 1080 after it came out and decided we did not like it as much as we liked the Hexis material we have been carrying. The 3M material is thinner and easier to tear along the pattern.

The longest roll we have on the site is 22 yards, 792 inches. Generally enough to wrap an entire vehicle with if you are ambitious and so inclined.

Buying the wrap "pre-cut" is generally a bad idea. The material is designed to be stretched into place to smooth out over a complex curved surface. Extra material to hold / pull on will make the install a lot easier / cleaner in the end.

I would listen to him haha
Old 02-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
I would listen to him haha
Like I said, we tried 3M's 1080 after it was released and did not think it was a better material than what we had.

There are a lot of wrap options out there, so choose the one that best fits your needs and desires.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #6
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
well i was thinking about a front and rear fascia blackout kit that some vendors sell. is it better to get a large roll than getting those??
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote