Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #6511
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahseenmahmood View Post
Hey guys...
so i have something new i want to do not decided yet.. but i was thinking after buying the headers, vmax, tune and razi body kit i will spending almost 3k after installation and all i will achive is from 14.4 to may be 13.50 or more.. and i dont think i will drag race every single week.. so i am thinking instead of this i should just buy a bike.!! Nothing too fancy just a Ninja 250 or a 600 or something similar for around 3k..
I figured if i had to sell the camaro i wont get money for my modds back but i can sell the bike and get almost every thing back.. plus all these bikes are making me jealous
You think i should go for a bike or stick with the plan go less than a second faster once a week..! logically the bike wins.. what would you do? and does any one has a bike.. is ninja 250 smaller in size than the 600 ? i dont care much about going fast cuz i know i will regardless on the streets.. haha
The first thing you need to realize is that something will always be faster than what you have. Make your decision based on what you enjoy.

After you cope with that, get the idea of a 250 out of your head. That's not going to be fast at all. While they're great for new riders, they're a waste after you know how to ride. I had an R6. It was quick and a lot of fun. I even took it down the quarter mile at PRP. But you're going to need to get your class M if you want to get a bike. They offer the class that teaches you the basics and pretty much walks you through the license exam. You get to use their bikes for the class and exam. I'd do that before you even think about buying one, unless you have previous experience riding.

The only other thing I'll say about bikes is this: It's a scary world to ride in.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #6512
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Bike's are great, but its an entirely different world. I love it, and can't wait to get a bike again. Now just like my car, I road in rain, cold days, dirty roads etc.. their good for gas mileage, and they will be feel quick. A 250 model or so is ideal to start but your smoked by cars and even guys some Harleys. I personaly w ouldnt ever get something below 600, I had a 919 and while it a was a grunt naked little beast, I had no shot vs a 1000 or super sport series bike etc esp over 120mph+.. its the same as with cars, you can have a V6, V8, or a Seer.. someones always faster lol

The biggest thing though, is your die on a bike pretty easy. I have done alot of riding and in groups of 20-100+ppl.. and have seen people severaly hurt falling and wrecking, even into eachother. I went fast on my bike, but not much faster than I drove my car regularly but you have to be so much more attentive, SO many times I was almost hit or merged into by a car.
- I had to drive fast and aggressive just to be safe. Best Defense is an Offense... cause their is no defense on a bike lol.
By no means am I saying not get a bike, but your better off spending like 1k on a crappy used bike, learning and getting use to it for a year fist. But unless your going 10 miles to work and back everyday only.. dont get a 250 street bike for fun IMO. And TAKE that safetly class, I took it at 17 and had never been on a motorcycle before other than balancing my dads Harleys at the time in a parking lot. The class is worth it, and its kinda fun testing I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
The first thing you need to realize is that something will always be faster than what you have. Make your decision based on what you enjoy.

After you cope with that, get the idea of a 250 out of your head. That's not going to be fast at all. While they're great for new riders, they're a waste after you know how to ride. I had an R6. It was quick and a lot of fun. I even took it down the quarter mile at PRP. But you're going to need to get your class M if you want to get a bike. They offer the class that teaches you the basics and pretty much walks you through the license exam. You get to use their bikes for the class and exam. I'd do that before you even think about buying one, unless you have previous experience riding.

The only other thing I'll say about bikes is this: It's a scary world to ride in.

Aftermarket bolt on parts and tune.. 434hp/395tq
Daily Driver.
Trav2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #6513
Seer

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahseenmahmood View Post
Hey guys...
so i have something new i want to do not decided yet.. but i was thinking after buying the headers, vmax, tune and razi body kit i will spending almost 3k after installation and all i will achive is from 14.4 to may be 13.50 or more.. and i dont think i will drag race every single week.. so i am thinking instead of this i should just buy a bike.!! Nothing too fancy just a Ninja 250 or a 600 or something similar for around 3k..
I figured if i had to sell the camaro i wont get money for my modds back but i can sell the bike and get almost every thing back.. plus all these bikes are making me jealous
You think i should go for a bike or stick with the plan go less than a second faster once a week..! logically the bike wins.. what would you do? and does any one has a bike.. is ninja 250 smaller in size than the 600 ? i dont care much about going fast cuz i know i will regardless on the streets.. haha
You may get to 13.5 if you're lucky but you'd need drag radials too. Headers and a tune typically do not drop V8 cars a full second, I'd have a hard time imagining it would a V6 car.
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:45 PM   #6514
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
You may get to 13.5 if you're lucky but you'd need drag radials too. Headers and a tune typically do not drop V8 cars a full second, I'd have a hard time imagining it would a V6 car.
Yeah you won't get to 13.5 without drag radials here. Even then, I have a hard time believing you'd get there. I have a Vararam intake, iceolator, vmax throttle body, and a tune. I'm still in the mid 14's. Headers and exhaust are not going to drop you that much more.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #6515
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Thanks for your thoughts guys... i have ridden a bike in india for 4 years but the thing about india is every one rides a bike since they are cheaper than cars.. india had a law not to have any bike over 280cc ... that is changed now and people can leaglly buy fast bikes like the busa.. i was thinking about the 250 because it falls in the 3k budget for a 2009-2010 used model. I will defantley take the class and see if i am confident enough to ride one with the faster traffic here..
Yeah about the headers and tune i figured why spend so much for 0.6 seconds less.. i enjoy driving fast in the streets and the v6 has been a head turner good enough so far.. i will look it to this more and make a decision end of this month.. may be a ninja, r6, cbr i dont know yet.. will have to google a whole lot to get the idea..
Old 03-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #6516
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
I owned a ninja 250 for les than 3 weeks. It's so underpowered that its not rideable, not safe, and just sucks. I guess if it was all about fuel economy, ninja 250 could be tolerated in town, but unless you flat out have something to prove about being able to cope with that stupid thing, don't waste your time.

Go get a low miles KLR650 and you'll still get 60 mpg but have a much more comfortable and fun bike. Dual sports are the way to go. Sport bikes (real ones, 600+ cc) are too dangerous for most people with self control issues (like me).

Sent from a Galaxy S3, far....far away.
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #6517
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE

get a Boss Hoss, supercharge it.. and your have a bike, V8 and blower. Gonna need more then 3k. And 9 lives.

Daily Driver.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #6518
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

I googled the KLR650 and its not pretty looking .!! looks more like a dirt bike.. i need some thing to go to work in downtown and then gym in robinson ... that will save me some money on gas plus i will have some fun for summer.. so i need a sporty bike..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee2012 View Post
I owned a ninja 250 for les than 3 weeks. It's so underpowered that its not rideable, not safe, and just sucks. I guess if it was all about fuel economy, ninja 250 could be tolerated in town, but unless you flat out have something to prove about being able to cope with that stupid thing, don't waste your time.

Go get a low miles KLR650 and you'll still get 60 mpg but have a much more comfortable and fun bike. Dual sports are the way to go. Sport bikes (real ones, 600+ cc) are too dangerous for most people with self control issues (like me).

lol.. no i am not supercharging anything.. i wont be going more than 100 either.. im sure its scary without a seatbelt and airbags..
i will behave .!! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav2SS View Post
get a Boss Hoss, supercharge it.. and your have a bike, V8 and blower. Gonna need more then 3k. And 9 lives.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #6519
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
Sport bikes are for bar hoping. You need a bike like this that you can have rain gear, store your helmet/riding pants/riding jacket/riding gloves in so that you don't have to carry your gear into work like some sort of goofy goober.

This thing is dead sexy! It took me to 13,000 elevation into the Colorado mountains, took me for a one week ride from here to Hilton Head, to Augusta Georgia, up to deal's gap, across the blue ridge and back to Pittsburgh. You can pack all of your gear, clothes, food and other essentials on it.

I am a dedicated ATGATT (All The Gear, All The Time) rider, so when I get to work I drop gear into sale bags and helmet into tail trunk and walk in like anyone else. If it rains, my rain gear is always with me.

Yes, it's based on a diet bike, but it's called a "dual sport" or "adventure touring" bike. You'll be crying in pain on a sport bike while I'm just getting into the zone on this. I consider 600+ mile days comfortable.

I'm a 20,000 to 25,000 mile a year rider, so a bike has to be functional before anything else. It has to protect me in hard rains and 10 degree air. It needs to be comfortable, have room to move, power to haul me and a passenger and our gear.

You can also look at a DL1000, wheelie pulling adrenaline that likes to cross continents!

Attachment 484568

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1363116600784.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  156.2 KB

Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #6520
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Thanks for all the info. of these bikes Larry.. but i am kinda looking forward for a bar hopp bike
I will be using it only for about 4-5 miles each way to work and gym... i dont think i will do a long journey with it.. the only place i go far is chicago .. i dont want to ride a bike for 800 miles back and forth.! it will kill my back.!

So i will defantley look it to this bike.. but i might end up getting something flashy just for fun and experience
Old 03-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #6521
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE

I used my 919 for over 2 years with having no car when I went back to school, used it alot more than just bar hoping lol Does that make Harleys only for old wannas-be Wild Hogs on country roads? lol jk...
Buying the proper gear is essential in the elements of course though. Get a nice backpack and a little rear storage bag [I had a cooler one for a lunchbox] or something and you can get around just fine, sport bike or not.

All depends how much stuff you have to carry on a daily basis.
Those touring-like bikes are great, ever see the movies/videos of Obi-won and his bud going east-west and north-south on across the globe, I think they were BMWs? Great stuff to watch. But you dont need that kind of bike for going to work and the gym but it never hurts.

Also if you havent seen yet- there is or was free bike parking downtown under the overpass, kind of first come first serve near BNY/Duq area.. made riding downtown almost worth it when its free.

Daily Driver.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #6522
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

hey thats good to know stuff... i know exactly what you are talking about... i work at BNY mellon and i have seen bikes under the pass.. so i can save for car parking every day if i can make it under there.!
Yeah like i said just work and then gym on good and clean days... i might go to ohio once in a while but that would be the most.. i have looked videos on youtube and the 250 cc arent bad but people complain about the light weight.. still looking for a newer 600cc but they are all more than 3k ... let me know if you have any one who is selling a bike.. i want a lime green or orange one.. obviously bcoz im flashy
Old 03-13-2013, 08:37 AM   #6523
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE

Check ebay, craigslist..probably more buyers on the market this time of the year then sellers with spring being close but you never know what you can find.. your making me want to look for one myself again lol

Daily Driver.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:20 AM   #6524
hkemp

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS Camaro
I have a 2006 Moto Guzzi Breva with 7500 miles on it that I would like to sell. This a picture when I fist got it. I have added some chrome and the pipes are now ceramic coated black. It does have the side and rear paniers for it too. Interested send me a pm It is not green but the red is flashy Thanks
Attached Images

hkemp is offline   Reply With Quote