Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-19-2013, 10:10 PM   #15
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
Do either of you have long tube headers with that muffler delete? I LTs and cats with the stock mufflers and want to get rid of those garbage cans but not sure if it will be too loud or what mufflers I should replace them with?
I have LTs with a muffler delete, and it is loud! I wouldn't have it any other way tho
Old 05-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #16
BLACKssMiami

Drives: 2ssrs
How does the sound compare with a muffler delete with an xpipe to a muffler delete with stock resonators? Did the delete about two weeks ago and love it.
BLACKssMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:35 AM   #17
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
Do either of you have long tube headers with that muffler delete? I LTs and cats with the stock mufflers and want to get rid of those garbage cans but not sure if it will be too loud or what mufflers I should replace them with?
I had a muffler delete on my LS3 and completely loved it execpt for the fact that i lost bottom end power (Noticible). Other than that its a great mod! Higly recommend if u want to save some cash! Prior to that muffler delete i had a Borla Atak catback which i absolutely loved. I now have a Corsa ZL1 catback with Kooks Long tubes and HF cats and the car is very loud even at idle! It sounds Bad Azz but since headers are not legal in Cali i rather keep.it.in the quieter side. (not quiet but not as loud as it is) i've just turned the car on twice but have not driven it yet as i just installed the LT's and im waiting for the car to get tuned. I have an appointment on saturday for that! If i could do it again i will keep it the same but put a Borla Touring catback as its quieter than what i currently have. The corsa! When i 1st installed (Corsa catback) i didnt really like it as it was too quiet in my opinion but now with the long tubes its a whole different sound. I really dig it. If u want a nice sound with Long tubes but that it wont be too loud i would recommend the Borla Touring again. Its still loud but not as LOUD as other. Just right in my opinion!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #18
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKssMiami View Post
How does the sound compare with a muffler delete with an xpipe to a muffler delete with stock resonators? Did the delete about two weeks ago and love it.
The X pipe will make the car louder than ur current factory H pipe. Thats my opinion especially because ur factory H pipe has the resonators which are there to quiet the car down especially if u have an L99. The L99 comes with a huge resonator that is there to cure some of that AFM form factory compared to the LS3 resonators which have 2 small ones.
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:36 PM   #19
MYDLIFECRISIS

Drives: '12SS/2SS/45TH-'06 2500HD/Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
I had a muffler delete on my LS3 and completely loved it execpt for the fact that i lost bottom end power (Noticible). Other than that its a great mod! Higly recommend if u want to save some cash! Prior to that muffler delete i had a Borla Atak catback which i absolutely loved. I now have a Corsa ZL1 catback with Kooks Long tubes and HF cats and the car is very loud even at idle! It sounds Bad Azz but since headers are not legal in Cali i rather keep.it.in the quieter side. (not quiet but not as loud as it is) i've just turned the car on twice but have not driven it yet as i just installed the LT's and im waiting for the car to get tuned. I have an appointment on saturday for that! If i could do it again i will keep it the same but put a Borla Touring catback as its quieter than what i currently have. The corsa! When i 1st installed (Corsa catback) i didnt really like it as it was too quiet in my opinion but now with the long tubes its a whole different sound. I really dig it. If u want a nice sound with Long tubes but that it wont be too loud i would recommend the Borla Touring again. Its still loud but not as LOUD as other. Just right in my opinion!!
How does a muffler delete take power away on the bottom end? Forgive my ignorance.

MYDLIFECRISIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #20
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Freeing up exhaust flow will increase HP at higher rpm's while sacrificing some TQ down low. A good tune will fix it and even add some throughout the band. It's basically tune related IMO. Also, there's not much to be lost or gained after the cats :\
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #21
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Stock car, muffler delete, it will sound better, but wont be that loud, manual or auto.

I have LT's, HF cats, srock resonator, and SOLO axle back, which is basically the same as a muffler delete/straight pipes.

Its is very loud after 2k rpm. Under that, its definitely louder, but not all that much louder than a stock SS with just a muffler delete.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #22
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Muffler delete gets ridiculously loud with long tubes. Be prepared for NASCAR loud if you get long tubes.

But you got rid of those big, heavy, and ugly mufflers (just the weight savings alone is worth a couple RWHP).
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #23
slickmetal

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1 A6
I have an L99 with muffler delete and Kooks LTs w/ hi flow cats and stock resonator box. Cold starts are loud as heck so let that be known. At idle its awesome rumble as well as cruising around town. Now, cruising on the highway may be annoying, especially with AFM. Its all about what you want to deal with. In my 2011, i replaced the stock l99 resonator with a glass packed resonator - it sounded better on highway cruise but still had some loud drone. Remember those L99 mufflers have j pipes inside to tone down drone. Still awaiting HOA letter complaining about startups
- 2013 Black ZL1 - A6 - Lingenfelter/Cordes Stage 2.5 packages E85 - FORE Fuel System - Kooks LTHs - Magnaflow Cans - Rotofab CAI/Big Gulp/Coolant Tank - Savini 3pc Forged - Underhood Dress Up (ACC & Drake & Moroso) - Hurst Shifter Kit - Custom Audio w/ JL Audio Sub/Amp/Stealthbox - Hand Polished Brace - Oracle Ghost Sidemarkers - LEDs everywhere - 624/617 on E85 & 545/548 on 91 (Sept 2015) - 693rwhp (Dec 15)
slickmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #24
uniqueskillz

Drives: ETMC built 700+hp Twin Turbo LS3
I love my straight pipes but they are loud. I also have gutted cats

uniqueskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #25
sub zero

Drives: RED@2SS
found this great sound with muffler delete , very clear

http://youtu.be/LPMKxH_6C80