Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Surveillance camera for their Camaro??

Im seriously thinking about getting a couple of surveillance cameras on my house in front of my driveway these days. My neighbors Maxima had 3 of the 4 tires stolen from his car, and behind my house my neighbor had their home broken into.

I do have two 80lb fur balls that bark at pretty much anything that moves outside our house, and I also have a motion light for our driveway, but the way things are getting it seems that I might have to take further precaution. It's so bad, you can't even have packages delivered anymore because people just go right up to your door and grab what ever is there.

Scary because I don't even live in a bad neighborhood.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Yeah people suck!wish we could thin out the heard of people like that!
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #3
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Survaliance cameras are pretty reasonable these days for the outside! House Alarms are reasonable as well! I have Vivent for my house and it is awesome! You can even control it from your phone! Can't stand a damn thief!! They ought to all be hung by the nearest tree!!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #4
SSmokinSS
Get Some

Drives: 2014 ZL1 6Speed
The coolest thing I've seen are the trap cameras for hunting. As long as traffic isn't passing by it all the time, you can record all movement around the car. They even have them disguised as rocks and other objects.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
Im seriously thinking about getting a couple of surveillance cameras on my house in front of my driveway these days. My neighbors Maxima had 3 of the 4 tires stolen from his car, and behind my house my neighbor had their home broken into.

I do have two 80lb fur balls that bark at pretty much anything that moves outside our house, and I also have a motion light for our driveway, but the way things are getting it seems that I might have to take further precaution. It's so bad, you can't even have packages delivered anymore because people just go right up to your door and grab what ever is there.

Scary because I don't even live in a bad neighborhood.
I bought a Uniden security camera system that comes with 2 outside and one inside wireless cameras for $350 at SAMs a couple years ago. I have it hooked up to a DVR that I use to record from 9:30 PM to 6:00AM every night. I also have it hooked to a 15" tv so I can see it at other times. I have to delete the hard drive about once a month. It works well.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 12-23-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
BilJ

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I think security cameras would be a reasonable solution for you. I use a four camera DVR that records 24/7/365. A 500GB hard drive will hold about 15 days of continuous recording for all four cameras and automatically records over the oldest files first so that I always have the most recent 15 days of recordings. If you need a permanent record of an event, you can transfer the recorded event to your computers hard drive for permanent storage or simply transfer the recorded event to a flash drive or thumb drive. My DVR is connected to a 60 inch TV screen for viewing whenever the need arises. The system has worked very well for the past three years. Costwise, you should be able to purchase a DVR, four fairly good cameras, a hard drive and the camera wiring for around $500 or so and you can install the system yourself. If you are concerned with your car only, you would need only one or two cameras. To get a better idea, you might want to take a look at www.gadspot.com, or similar systems on ebay and elsewhere. Good luck.
BilJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #7
camaro104

Drives: 2017 Nightfall 50th Annivers Camaro
Send a message via AIM to camaro104
I got mine hooked up, wireless, and I could see my car, and driveway 24/7....
Some one tried to steel my scanner light and my front splitter so I had to take drastic measure.....
Attached Images

camaro104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #8
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro104 View Post
I got mine hooked up, wireless, and I could see my car, and driveway 24/7....
Some one tried to steel my scanner light and my front splitter so I had to take drastic measure.....
What kind of set up do you have there?
Old 12-24-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
gdheri

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS
I hear you man someone stole packages from front of my house middle of the day worth about 900$. I have 4 wireless camera around my property and it helped local pd catch the thief my next door neighbor
gdheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #10
2012InfernoSS

Drives: 93GMC sierra stepside/ ctsv3
You see the light come on go out with the gun.. no more thief and others will hear and not mess around with ur ride knowing death will be the only thing they receive
2012InfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
Americonium

Drives: 2010 RS LT2 Olympic White
Yeah, Inferno, the Long Island laws protect the cowards and thieves, not the property owners, due to the large liberal population. However, a bat in this case would work as well... You just have to be sneakier.
Americonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:34 AM   #12
Albert

Drives: non
i think the only cameras don't help you until you installed a complete security system with that because you can also get alert with that when some one try to enter in your property.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:02 AM   #13
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
i think the only cameras don't help you until you installed a complete security system with that because you can also get alert with that when some one try to enter in your property.
Cameras and signs are proven to be a deterrent. It doesn't stop all but most will go someplace else unless you are the only one in the area that has something they want.