Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #43
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
The VSport vs V is going to confuse a lot of people.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:03 AM   #44
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
BMW has M-sport and Lexus has F-sport. Everyone has something similar.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:27 AM   #45
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The VSport vs V is going to confuse a lot of people.
I actually like it.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #46
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmicasa the Great XvX View Post
Sorry Bud... I think U're wrong.. and so does about 30K (based on last year's figures and Jan-May figures) buyers of the splendid XTS. In truth U need to get your mind right... Your issue with the car is which wheels are being powered in standard trim.. ADMIT IT.

Let's see

Price: Your pick of teh Benz is laughable. While the difference is $2K less for the smaller E550, the XTS comes with damn near an S-Class's worth in amenities. Not to mention that extra size.. better tech.. and reliability which is worth a whole lot more.

Interior-Tie? Get the Eff Outta here. Cadillac decimates the Benz in interior quality. The E550's interior looks like something that should actually come in the 2014 IMPALA.. funny in fact that the IMPALA has an air of more quality about it.. let alone the XTS donor

Exterior-MB (opinion)??? NOPE.. JUST WRONG. Flat out wrong. This is not objectivity.. it's just WRONG. The XTS is better looking

Powertrain-MB with a 7 speed auto and a TT V8.. Really? I've driven the E550.. The car is 4500lbs and needs every bit of that 400HP and 443lbs of torque to move its fat ass. I have a strange feeling that the XTS TTV6 is gonna pull down similar numbers despite less torque...

Cool factor-MB.? To Who.. I see as many OLD people driving the E-Class as I do XTS.. In fact I would venture to say MORE. The XTS gets heads turning.. the Benz... about as common looking as a Camry

Handling-MB.. On this I will not fight U as I simple have not tested them BACK to BACK. But after driving a CTS-V for the last 5 years.. I have a great deal of faith in Cadillac to do a damn great job in that regard
The XTS has a great interior and so does the E Class, EASILY on par with the XTS if not better, same with the refreshed 2014 Exterior. One thing about the XTS, while a good looking car, it comes off a bit thick around the middle. I think it is a great car, at least with the new drivetrain, any other way, I still think the Impala is a better bet, but that is just me. I think the price is right and they will have no problem selling these. I understand you love GM, but lets try and be a little subjective here. Interiors are and especially over the last few years, have been major Mercedes strong points, same with Audi, Jaguar, and Maserati, though BMW just seems to be rehashing the same interior they have been using for the last 20 years. Also, it is not really in the same size range anyways, the XTS is a bigger car. The CTS is the E Class/5series/A6 competitor and is a MUCH better one than the XTS at that. And realize one reason the XTS is able to sell cheap (comparabley) is because it is based on a more plebian platform than the Benz, or the ATS or CTS for that matter.

As for the XTS existance, yes they needed a larger car than the CTS to fill out the lineup. Another great thing about the XTS, and I am sure GM considered this and one would be foolish to think that they didn't, it that it does keep the older more traditional Caddy buyers in the dealership. The ones theat loved their DTS still have something to purchase. Getting ex towncar owners is also an added benefit. They, IMHO were very smart with this car.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:09 AM   #47
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
You're clueless
In the old days I would have just lobed a similar insult back at U son... but I don't feel the need to talk trash to prove a point..

I will ask what is CLUELESS about my remarks?

I pointed out various reason why I would buy an XTS over an E-Class or even a pre-2014 S. The Cadillac has a better interior, as much power, great handling, awesome brand cache, is a head turner, and is reliable. Your argument over a measly $2K in this class of car is ridiculous and laughable to someone in this income bracket demo. Anyone.. and I mean anyone who has issue with a $2K difference in a situation where U are getting more in the Cadillac, but bases their entire argument on useless things like PERCEIVED handling (cause U driven neither back to back), and equal HPTorque/Weight numbers is foolish and shouldn't even be partaking in this conversation.

It seems evident that your sole idea of either of these cars is whip them around a track.. which 99.9% of the buyers will never do to either

Go drive your $35K Pony Car and stop precluding U kno what $60K+ drivers want and need CLUEboy
Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #48
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
The XTS has a great interior and so does the E Class, EASILY on par with the XTS if not better, same with the refreshed 2014 Exterior. One thing about the XTS, while a good looking car, it comes off a bit thick around the middle. I think it is a great car, at least with the new drivetrain, any other way, I still think the Impala is a better bet, but that is just me. I think the price is right and they will have no problem selling these. I understand you love GM, but lets try and be a little subjective here. Interiors are and especially over the last few years, have been major Mercedes strong points, same with Audi, Jaguar, and Maserati, though BMW just seems to be rehashing the same interior they have been using for the last 20 years. Also, it is not really in the same size range anyways, the XTS is a bigger car. The CTS is the E Class/5series/A6 competitor and is a MUCH better one than the XTS at that. And realize one reason the XTS is able to sell cheap (comparabley) is because it is based on a more plebian platform than the Benz, or the ATS or CTS for that matter.

As for the XTS existance, yes they needed a larger car than the CTS to fill out the lineup. Another great thing about the XTS, and I am sure GM considered this and one would be foolish to think that they didn't, it that it does keep the older more traditional Caddy buyers in the dealership. The ones theat loved their DTS still have something to purchase. Getting ex towncar owners is also an added benefit. They, IMHO were very smart with this car.

I agree with U on a great deal of what U said except the comparable interiors of the pre-2014 Eclass. I stand by the idea that the previous E-Class.. and even S-Class had interiors that were stark, boring, and overall cheap looking unless U went with an upgraded one. The dash in the 2013 EClass is a great example.. Even the knobs on the radio are made of cheap plastic..

I will certainly agree that Cadillac wanted to retain it's traditional buyers.. who wouldn't. They did so with a car that is hardly a compromise tho.. Cadillac has not settled for good enough.. and they continue to improve this car. I love that.. the Old GM would have let this car sit and rot.. They gave us a better XTS with more power as an option.. What's not to love? Some people will continue to bitch. It's like when the Camaro go 580HP.. as a option.. and was able to out track the GT500 with more... still.. people bitched
Old 06-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #49
Stew

Quote:
I agree with U on a great deal of what U said except the comparable interiors of the pre-2014 Eclass. I stand by the idea that the previous E-Class.. and even S-Class had interiors that were stark, boring, and overall cheap looking unless U went with an upgraded one. The dash in the 2013 EClass is a great example.. Even the knobs on the radio are made of cheap plastic..

I will certainly agree that Cadillac wanted to retain it's traditional buyers.. who wouldn't. They did so with a car that is hardly a compromise tho.. Cadillac has not settled for good enough.. and they continue to improve this car. I love that.. the Old GM would have let this car sit and rot.. They gave us a better XTS with more power as an option.. What's not to love? Some people will continue to bitch. It's like when the Camaro go 580HP.. as a option.. and was able to out track the GT500 with more... still.. people bitched
We are agreeing too much then, I am scared, I think the world may be coming to an end.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #50
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
We are agreeing too much then, I am scared, I think the world may be coming to an end.

No... we just got off on the wrong foot. I still like the SS more than U do.. and recognize the reason for it's look and place in the Chevy line-up.

I think many, in ref to the XTS, forget that Cadillac is readying a $70-150K Sports sedan to compete with the S-Class to Bentley. The new CTS is the direct competitor to the E-Class.. and the XTS is the repacement for the DTS.. which was a great seller.. and holds those traditional buyers within the Cadillac brand as opposed to ousting them to go look at an LS460.. which has traditionally been the car that ex-Deville buyers went to. The XTS triumphs the LS460.. touches on the A8.

Another factor that people completely negate is Livery duties. As of now.. the only Limo/Hearse one can get in that segment is essentially an ugly Lincoln MKT. I have a strong feeling that Cadillac does not want their CTS being converted to a Hearse.. and what Limo company do U kno will want to buy a $75-150 "LTS" to haul dead people around to the cemetery? The XTS should stay around, even after the "LTS" arrives for various reason.. including that "last ride."
Old 06-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #51
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyg36 View Post
I actually like it.
Drives away in SS. No, just an SS, not the SS trim level. Wait, there's both?

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:28 AM   #52
Stew

Quote:
No... we just got off on the wrong foot. I still like the SS more than U do.. and recognize the reason for it's look and place in the Chevy line-up.

I think many, in ref to the XTS, forget that Cadillac is readying a $70-150K Sports sedan to compete with the S-Class to Bentley. The new CTS is the direct competitor to the E-Class.. and the XTS is the repacement for the DTS.. which was a great seller.. and holds those traditional buyers within the Cadillac brand as opposed to ousting them to go look at an LS460.. which has traditionally been the car that ex-Deville buyers went to. The XTS triumphs the LS460.. touches on the A8.

Another factor that people completely negate is Livery duties. As of now.. the only Limo/Hearse one can get in that segment is essentially an ugly Lincoln MKT. I have a strong feeling that Cadillac does not want their CTS being converted to a Hearse.. and what Limo company do U kno will want to buy a $75-150 "LTS" to haul dead people around to the cemetery? The XTS should stay around, even after the "LTS" arrives for various reason.. including that "last ride."
I can't wait to see the Caddy flagship and yes, the Livery market is a huge deal. They pretty well have that market to themselves now and why not capitalize on it? They get to have their cake and eat it too.