Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
Car Storage, some points you may already know about

I know this is a little early and this topic has been beaten like a dead horse, but anyway. I am going to be in a position where the car has to be stored for a year and I did a test run of how to relax the suspension but not to the point where the wheels are hanging off the ground.

I used jack pads to get the car in place before putting the stands in place. The car was very stable, the only thing I will have to do is put some plywood under the tires just so they are not in contact with the cement over that time period.

Suspensions were never meant to hang in the air, short periods of time no problem long periods of time that’s when they are issues with shock failure.

The height at this point still has the tires on the ground but I have to experiment exactly how much of a thickness of plywood to use under the tires so I know the suspension is relaxed but still unsure how far it is away from being fully extended.

Anyway here are some pics of where I put my jack stand but also have to protect the metal from getting damaged so it’s not steel on steel. I used ¾” plywood as a buffer. When the car was on the stands it ended up about 10” in height, bottom of rocker panel to the ground.

Here is some pics.
Attached Images

Old 07-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
crustychev

Drives: 2013 ZL1,1972 Dart, 1947 Willys
Wow just got it last month and have to park it for a year. That must suck! Going to be a looong year!
crustychev is offline   Reply With Quote