Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #99
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Imo rideskinz makes the coolsst spoiler, can't wait till I have money
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #100
tbis

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I saw this car at Walmart a little while ago. All I could think of was this thread and that one about cheesest mods.
Just noticed the license plate hahahahaahh

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

[SIZE="100"]
tbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #101
Gforce8
WFO all the way

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS, Kalahari, 6 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
I regret getting the knight rider mail slot light. I got one of the early versions, it died, so I sent it all the way back to England to get repaired (which they did free of charge, but shipping was expensive) and then it would never sit flush inside the mail slot again and I'm pretty sure it's broken again. So, instead of sending it back and paying for shipping again, I just wrapped it up, stuck it back in the tube it came in, and stored it away.

Maybe one day I'll decide to just throw it away, but I can't bring myself to do that just yet considering how much I've already spent on it...
I also got it and 1 LED failed after 2 weeks. they sent me a new one no questions asked and it's been working for 3 years-no problems.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 AM   #102
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I have had three regrettable mods...

• SLP Hockey Stripes. Had them in Hugger Orange. Loved the damn things and they practically defined the look of my car, but man were they a bitch to deal with. Especially at that fender/nose seam where they were tucked in. I had constant lifting issues. Not to mention, the part of them that was on the passenger door area began to fade after awhile from the sun. Practically turned pink. Switched them out for Reverse Hockey Stripes from Bigworm. The vinyl stays orange now because they're lower so the sun doesn't hit them as bad, and they don't involve that pesky nose/fender seam. Haven't looked back since.

• RPI Stealth splash guards. They fit and looked like arse. Took them off two hours after I installed them when a neighbor straight up told me, "Those look like shit, dude."

• Ohio Speed Aggressive Diffuser. It's not an original mold - they take a factory diffuser and modify it by putting larger fins on. That's all fine and dandy, but the factory diffuser is made of a textured plastic that isn't too paint friendly. No matter how many times I tried to paint it, the paint eventually began to peel and chip off. Body shops turned it down. Not only that but the fins didn't clear the attachment points for the stock diffuser, so it was kind of jutted forward when installed. I eventually sold it to someone from my former Camaro club and he just ended up plastidipping it.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #103
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotfighter View Post
<clipped>

On that note, can anyone recommend any aftermarket kit made specifically for the Camaro that include the kit?
This:
http://www.gen5diy.com/DIY_kits/foglamp-kit/fog-lamp

Can't go wrong with Ofer.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #104
robotfighter

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Man, you just made my day. Thanks!
robotfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #105
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
I second RPI stealth mud flaps. Garbage brittle plastic that broke into 4 pieces a few months after installation. I built my own out of painted metal flashing to replace them. Cost me $5!

The worst has been Curb Alert. What a freaking nightmare to calibrate. Literally spent hours on it, 4 separate times. When it worked it was awesome, but I hit curbs hard after I installed it when it failed to give me the warning beeps. Trashed that POS and took the loss. Thinking about a front parking camera & LCD monitor at 1/3 the cost.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #106
rhunley14

Drives: Camaro SS
Hps turbo system hands down
rhunley14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #107
ryanyoung1768

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
Vitesse shifters. They aren't machined correctly, and I broke the shifter installing the right hand side. After buying a new unit and pulling the steering wheel to replace it, they sent the wrong year replacement, and then the third attempt was exactly the same wrong machined part. I cannot get a refund, so if anyone wants about 25 cents worth of aluminum, I'll be happy to send it to you.
Old 09-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #108
Tweiten
Tweety

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
My ****ing Vararam intake. It cost me a ton and I don't like it...

Tweiten is offline   Reply With Quote