Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-14-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Carriccp

Drives: Sold
It Happened. Camaro got a boo boo.

Well finally after over 2 years of having her, the Camaro got a boo boo. Fiance accidentally backed into the rear quarter pulling out for work (of course was bawling and sick since she knows how I am about it ).

Do you guys think paintless dent repair can fix this or am I going to have to go all out and get the quarter replaced? The paint looks like it can be buffed out other than 2 hairline cracks in the clear on the arch of the fender. It's pretty banged up and then has a crease along the fender and above the gills as well (arrows).

I talked to one PDR man and he said he can't guarantee it will be perfect, but it won't be "noticeable", which has me a little worried. What do you guys think?

Carriccp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
SnowyCamaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Chevy Equinox
Get the dent puller, if you still don't like it take it to a good body shop. Usually if there a creases, yours aren't too bad, but if there are a dent puller can't them out. You'll see the crease after most likely. A good body guy can repair stuff like that for a decent price, cheaper than a quarter panel at least. Our quarters are very expensive too!! A little bondo in there and it will look like new. That's the way mine is. My car was hit like that on the driver side when I bought it. Got a good deal because it needed work. Replacing the quarter panel would have cost me $2000 + my repair now is nice no one can tell at all. You will have to repaint if you go the body shop route though.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
requires body work definitely , you have a crease two dings and a body line around the wheel well shot, it takes using real tools
Old 10-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #4
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
will you still be marrying her? lol
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #5
Kadet1

Drives: Camaro SIM
Get it fixed but I'm sure it will never drive the same again so your going to have to trade it in for a new stingray.
Kadet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:06 PM   #6
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
Those guys from paintless dent remover are unbelievable, let them try.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Shiddy.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #8
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Lucky she didn't hit the bumper actually, those stupid plastic things crack so easily and need to be replaced if you just look at them the wrong way. I think that could pull out nicely, its worth a try at least...
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #9
Carriccp

Drives: Sold
Got an appointment to drop her off on Thursday for PDR ($400). Give it a shot at least and if that doesn't work, off to the body shop she goes. It's only money right...
Carriccp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
ichriscamaro
BlueDiamond

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE RRM
I would try to find another PDR guy just to get a second opinion, those guys do wonders yeah, but only the ones that are really into detailed/almost perfect work. if this guy tells you straight from start it will not be perfect, I would go somewhere else or grab that money and take it to a body shop. I had a similar situation when I had my scion. the guy was really good taking out small dents(door/hood dings perfect job everytime) but when he tried to fix a dent I had on the quarter as well(smaller tan yours though) he didn't even come close to fixing it right. luckily he also had a body shop so I was able to give him the rest of the money to get it repainted.
Anyways those are my two cents. Good luck bud!!
ichriscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #11
2fullgarage
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 SS Vert
Same exact thing just happened to me Monday. My wife backed into it and left the same damage, Driver's side quarter...It went higher since it was a Toyota 4runner and I lost some paint.

I pulled the trunk interior and pushed out (easily) the larger dent. I am left with what you have, but slightly worse...$1400 which included some repair to the rear bumper.

I fixed her truck easily so only have to pay the 500 deductible once for mine
Attached Images

2fullgarage is offline   Reply With Quote