Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #1
crewxp

Drives: 2LT RS Summit White Camaro
Anyone know what group size die hard battery will fit?

I need to replace my battery and die hard offers 50% off locally for their batteries. I want to get Gold Advanced or Platinum, but can't figure out what group size fits my car.

Does anyone know, or use a die hard battery? Using their locator on the website, it lists 0 batteries compatible with my car. (2010 Camaro 2LT).

Is the only requirement that the battery have a vent?
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Die Hards used to be great batteries, IMO. Not so much anymore, from what I hear. I haven't had one in over 10 years. Probably made in China now, like Craftsman tools.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #3
jkemp16

Drives: 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Die Hards used to be great batteries, IMO. Not so much anymore, from what I hear. I haven't had one in over 10 years. Probably made in China now, like Craftsman tools.
No...Johnson Controls makes the DieHard batteries still. Sears does carry it, group size 94R.
jkemp16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
crewxp

THANKS SO MUCH! 94R has vents (to hook the clear plastic vent tube to?) Any modifications required to make it fit correctly?
Old 12-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #5
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
THANKS SO MUCH! 94R has vents (to hook the clear plastic vent tube to?) Any modifications required to make it fit correctly?
"Genuine/ Real Craftsman wrenches and sockets are still made in the USA, near Dallas, TX. Reason I know is I toured the facility, got a job offer there for the ram hex dept supervisor there, but turned it down for another job. They also made Snap On and another brand I can't remember now. This shop is huge, over 200k sq ft and runs on 2 shifts. They are now owned by Danaher Corp. a holding company, for better or worse.

However, many things branded "Craftsman" ain't American no more. I have an air compressor labeled Craftsman which is Made in China. But when you pay $99 for it, what do you expect?
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
crewxp

Old 12-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
crewxp

Quote:
Originally Posted by not View Post
"Genuine/ Real Craftsman wrenches and sockets are still made in the USA, near Dallas, TX. Reason I know is I toured the facility, got a job offer there for the ram hex dept supervisor there, but turned it down for another job. They also made Snap On and another brand I can't remember now. This shop is huge, over 200k sq ft and runs on 2 shifts. They are now owned by Danaher Corp. a holding company, for better or worse.

However, many things branded "Craftsman" ain't American no more. I have an air compressor labeled Craftsman which is Made in China. But when you pay $99 for it, what do you expect?
?
Old 12-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #8
crewxp

The diehard deal expired (for half off) because I didn't purchase in time :/

Does anyone know anything about Autocraft Gold AGM (Over Diehard Gold AGM)?
Old 12-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #9
crewxp

bump!
Old 12-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #10
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
Quote:
Originally Posted by crewxp View Post
Hooks right up, exact size as the original. I put an Advanced Gold Die Hard in mine when the OE crapped out on me. I have used a lot of Die Hard batteries over the years and never had a problem with them.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:25 PM   #11
Agent 409

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I would like to get a Sears DieHard Platinum for my 2010 Camaro SS and would love to know if anyone else on this forum runs one. I know that their isn't a direct fit group size but with a little modification I am more than willing to run a DieHard Platinum. Does anyone have any photos of one in their trunk? I ran a DieHard Platinum in my truck in Arizona summers and it lasted almost 6 years for me and then I was able to get a prorated discount due to the huge warranty. I love the battery and won't go any other way since they are simply rebadged Odyssey's (military grade).

Any help is appreciated!
Agent 409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #12
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 409 View Post
I would like to get a Sears DieHard Platinum for my 2010 Camaro SS and would love to know if anyone else on this forum runs one. I know that their isn't a direct fit group size but with a little modification I am more than willing to run a DieHard Platinum. Does anyone have any photos of one in their trunk? I ran a DieHard Platinum in my truck in Arizona summers and it lasted almost 6 years for me and then I was able to get a prorated discount due to the huge warranty. I love the battery and won't go any other way since they are simply rebadged Odyssey's (military grade).

Any help is appreciated!
I know the adavance gold AGM gr94 is made by East Penn. I was interested in the platinum also but there is a considerable amount of weight difference with the platinum and there was not a direct fit.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote