Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #995
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
I have not read anywhere that GM has done anything. In fact I read it has been quite some time since this matter occurred. Update the thread right now if you know something that I don't. What has GM done? Like I said before.. it is an insurance claim thru Geico , which IS a fact.
Just curious....if this was your car that the dealership had their employee wrap around a telephone pole while out on a joy ride, would you be just sitting their calmly waiting for the insurance companies to "take care" of the problem?

I know I couldn't, and I am sure that nobody else on this site could either.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers
Old 01-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #996
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilfish View Post
HOF, this is why I believe that GM is now involved. Being that Scott has a pretty good track record of keeping our community informed of what is happening at GM, I take this as a hint to the fact that GM is now getting involved.
All Speculation. They do know each other and no doubt have spoken about the incident. Only reason I could speculate GM would step in on a insurance settlement is for the publicity now blown out . Downside of that.. once that door opens it could stay cracked open for other incidents down the road. I hope the owner gets the car he wants and is satisfied with. This whole fiasco only shows how quick things can change, however it isn't the end of the world. Plenty of other cars out there , just as nice.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #997
apr_gen5

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Yeh!
Does anyone know if dealerships brief new employees about joyriding customer cars? Seems like a day 1 discussion and I would want them to sign off that they are aware of the policy. If they don't cover this, it may increase the dealership's responsibility.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #998
smackdownCTSV

Drives: CTS-V
Here's the update buried in the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
At any rate, a retired GM exec called me today to let me know that GM IS involved now. It is our understanding that the matter will be resolved to our satisfaction next week. And GM will make sure that we are treated fairly and equitably.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=898
Old 01-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #999
David O

Drives: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmo Z View Post
So was the member of management there to let him in and lock up afterwords? You think he would of said hey why are you taking the keys to Mr Hoopers car? What car is the charging in? I don't buy it.
From what I gather there was phone supposed call made to get the code so the employee could get his phone charger, he already had a key. It really looks like dealership management and the employee had a meeting on the Monday after the wreck and a story was made up!

Management owns the decision to allow the employee in to get his $5.00 phone charger!

I don't buy the phone charger story either!!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #1000
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Can we take a moment to entertain the fact it's a first year zl1 that was numbered? You can't replace that.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #1001
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcarltonjr View Post
Can we take a moment to entertain the fact it's a first year zl1 that was numbered? You can't replace that.
unless they (GM) can find another in the same condition before it was totaled.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #1002
Switchin2Chevy

Drives: Currently 2015 Mustang GT manual.
I just caught wind of this late last night. This just makes me sick and I really hope that the OP is made whole to his satisfaction. It's really a damn shame. Keep us posted.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:01 AM   #1003
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
Ruby, I love my Camaro same as anyone else, but I keep it in perspective that it's just a car. It can be replaced. That's why having the proper insurance coverage on a car of this type is so important.

I think what we've all failed to realize is that someone could have been seriously hurt or killed as a result of this incident (even if it was caused by their own poor judgement). I think we all can agree it would have been a far bigger tragedy had there been the loss of life instead of just the loss of a car.

I love mine also, but if they all get destroyed, I go on. And yes, I could be calm till the insurance co. settled with me. They are materialistic items. Replaceable. All this nonsense uproar over a car. Now I do have one other thing to say... To classify the guy who stole the car as trailer trash.... Y'all need to look in a mirror and think you are better than someone else. I deal with rental folks all the time. It is my business. I rent to good hard working folks who live in a Mobile Home Park of mine. It is unrealistic how some on this forum belittle folks living in a mobile home. Profiling without facts. Next time you fire up that Camaro think about how you got it. It sure the hell probably wasn't given to you. Them same folks living in the Mobile homes probably work next to you. BTW that tech wasn't no idiot or he wouldn't have been working at a GM dealership. He just made a bad decision.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:04 AM   #1004
Mcarltonjr

Drives: 2013 F150 STX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
unless they (GM) can find another in the same condition before it was totaled.
THAT is what I agree with. Like I stated you can't replace that car with a new comparable 14. It's not the same. This is the most logical response to the replacement idea yet. I mean they traded in TWO cars for the one. Very hard to replace when only about 2k where released in 2012. People whom say it's just a car are incorrect. This is a major investment that has high sentimental value to the Hoopers. To them they probably feel that's my baby and it can't truly fully be replaced do to the low available units and it being numbered
Old 01-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #1005
70rsz28

Drives: 70 rsz28,97 30th aniv conv 13 ht wh
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
Just curious....if this was your car that the dealership had their employee wrap around a telephone pole while out on a joy ride, would you be just sitting their calmly waiting for the insurance companies to "take care" of the problem?

I know I couldn't, and I am sure that nobody else on this site could either.
i am the same don't know how calm i could stay in that situation . i would have done everything in my power to expose it to the public. however if the dealer would have made the situation right from the start, we all would have been satisfied. i have had an dealer employee take my vette out when they were not supposed to it twas ready for pickup .was walking down street to pick it up when i saw it peel out of driveway. you should have seen dealers eyes when i mentioned it to them, we waited for it to come back and thank god it came back , they dealt with employee. hope that op get's what he deserves.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #1006
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
I love mine also, but if they all get destroyed, I go on. And yes, I could be calm till the insurance co. settled with me. They are materialistic items. Replaceable. All this nonsense uproar over a car. Now I do have one other thing to say... To classify the guy who stole the car as trailer trash.... Y'all need to look in a mirror and think you are better than someone else. I deal with rental folks all the time. It is my business. I rent to good hard working folks who live in a Mobile Home Park of mine. It is unrealistic how some on this forum belittle folks living in a mobile home. Profiling without facts. Next time you fire up that Camaro think about how you got it. It sure the hell probably wasn't given to you. Them same folks living in the Mobile homes probably work next to you. BTW that tech wasn't no idiot or he wouldn't have been working at a GM dealership. He just made a bad decision.
Of course you would go on but what would you do if you felt you were being short-changed? What recourse would you take if you had limited resources at your disposal? That's what I feel this whole issue is about.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #1007
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
The last sentence made him an idiot , or better yet , he already was one , a sleeper one
Old 01-12-2014, 11:07 AM   #1008
mhoskins76
HTWEELZ

Drives: 2013 2SS Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:

Yeah I doubt you would be calm and continue whatever you were doing after finding out your car was totalled.
DELIVERED APRIL 22nd, 2013 and enjoying every minute since!

Mods:
Cold Air Inductions CAI, CNC Ported Throttle Body, Elite Engineering Oil Catch Can, Smoked Spyder LED Tail Lights, 12" JBL Sub, JBL Amp, Stealth Sub Box, American Racing LT headers and hi-flo cats, Tuned by Davenport, Custom painted interior pieces, Custom painted hood liner and trunk liner, Niche Targa M-130 wheels, LED side markers

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1