Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #1
HollyVenus
The girl with the 2 Danes

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS LS3
Lions, tigers and bears oh my- too many options

My head hurts from all the options. I love my car and of course I opted out of the upgraded exhaust when I bought my car and yes I'm kicking myself for not getting it. So with all the options out there and not really knowing fully what I want I need some options!

I like the sound of my car but she's too quiet!
I want to keep my warranty in tact (for now)
I know I'll get it for this.... But I'm not really looking to add power or performance at this time she's a daily driver and cruiser.
But she looks like a tiger and sounds like a Kitten.

If I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd rather take her in and let the dealership drop the perromance package that I ended up not getting but $$$ wise I'm trying to save a little.... But I need more SOUND! After all the warranty work that led to the body work they pulled her out and good lord she's quiet....

What are the options? I've heard muffler delete. How does this effect emissions, is it crazy and stupid gross loud?
I heard some flow masters on I think a 13' at the Lowes meet and they sounded nice.
At this point I'm almost ready to become a permanent fixture at the pearland thing and bat my eyes asking to hear peoples exhaust!!

Last edited by HollyVenus; 01-20-2014 at 07:53 PM.
HollyVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
BplumCrazy-SS

Drives: 416 w/TH400
I think the stainless works retro chambered exhaust would fit you perfect
Old 01-20-2014, 07:09 PM   #3
HollyVenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BplumCrazy-SS View Post
Thank you just found this thread and sounds nice....
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255635

Thank you.... Keep em' coming I'm interested in all the input from my fellow gen5er's.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
blake2010ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to blake2010ss Send a message via MSN to blake2010ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyVenus View Post
My head hurts from all the options. I love my car and of course I opted out of the upgraded exhaust when I bought my car and yes I'm kicking myself for not getting it. So with all the options out there and not really knowing fully what I want I need some options!

I like the sound of my car but she's too quiet!
I want to keep my warranty in tact (for now)
I know I'll get it for this.... But I'm not really looking to add power or performance at this time she's a daily driver and cruiser.
But she looks like a tiger and sounds like a Kitten.

If I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd rather take her in and let the dealership drop the perromance package that I ended up not getting but $$$ wise I'm trying to save a little.... But I need more SOUND! After all the warranty work that led to the body work they pulled her out and good lord she's quiet....

What are the options? I've heard muffler delete. How does this affect emissions, is it crazy and stupid gross loud?
I heard some flow masters on I think a 13' at the Lowes meet and they sounded nice.
At this point I'm almost ready to become a permanent fixture at the pearland thing and bat my eyes asking to hear peoples exhaust!!

I love my Borla S-type. deep and mellow when you cruise with a nice roar when you mash the gas. (mine is a bit louder because i got headers) Its about the same price as buying the weld in mufflers from the dealership but the difference is you get a full catback system (which will not void warranties or really add hp... none of the exhausts do). Catback/Axle back systems will not effect emissions.

416, AGP 6262, E85, Cam
blake2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #5
Iam Broke
PHAT B33

Drives: 2012 TF3 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I really liked the sound of my old MBRP 3" X-pipe setup but the drone at 1400-1700 rpm was deafening in the interior. Scrapped it and went with the Solo Mach-XL with J-pipes and it is nice and mellow at cruise in the car, no drone and rocks out WOT. I don't have any vids, but there are plenty out there already.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 PM   #6
wer2foxs

Drives: 2010 VR SS
Can't afford the LT headers, hi flow cats that requires a tune and so on. I decided to get the axle back for now and save for later. I wanted the low rumble and liked this and bought them. Hope to install them soon. Although this says for the convertible they make them for the coupe. It will not void your warranty either.
http://solo-performance.com/axle-bac...-convertiblkit
Old 01-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #7
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Any catback or axleback exhaust will keep your warranty in tact and pass emissions if applicable. There are many to choose from, but I would advise that you narrow it down to those that offer a solution to drone like Solo Mach XL with J pipes and others.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #8
SW31SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BplumCrazy-SS View Post
X2
SW31SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:32 PM   #9
Broke Pilot

Drives: '14 1SS 1LE,'68 Chevelle,'70 Vette
I'm down for the chambered exhaust too... These are muscle cars, retro ones. Chamber it and let everyone hear it! And remember, exhaust won't (shouldnt unless your dealer is a dick) void a warranty.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:38 PM   #10
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I have the Borla S-Type axle back. If you want to hear it in person just PM me.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #11
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
lol I've had my car for 2 years and my head's still swirling from all the choices too. That SW Retro sounds wicked tho!

I know you didn't specifically mention it but one option that hasn't been offered up is the Solo high flow cats. It's a nice medium between stock and full on headers. Mine's a daily driver as well so the original plan was to go with the Solo HFCs, but ran across a deal on a set of used headers that I couldn't pass up. The factory cats are made to be restrictive by design so going with a higher flowing cat will give you a nice throaty sound, a decent (20HP'ish) bump in performance, & you get to keep that warranty

Here's a youtube vid on them: http://youtu.be/PzrH_jIrXr8
Solo's website: http://solo-performance.com/pe-camaro-ls3-std
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread
SSeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #12
HollyVenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper12b View Post
I have the Borla S-Type axle back. If you want to hear it in person just PM me.
I see the HTCC under your name.... I assume you go to the Lowes?? if so I would like to hear it when you come that way again... I live literally around the corner from that Friday location.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:24 PM   #13
HollyVenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeric View Post
lol I've had my car for 2 years and my head's still swirling from all the choices too. That SW Retro sounds wicked tho!

I know you didn't specifically mention it but one option that hasn't been offered up is the Solo high flow cats. It's a nice medium between stock and full on headers. Mine's a daily driver as well so the original plan was to go with the Solo HFCs, but ran across a deal on a set of used headers that I couldn't pass up. The factory cats are made to be restrictive by design so going with a higher flowing cat will give you a nice throaty sound, a decent (20HP'ish) bump in performance, & you get to keep that warranty

Here's a youtube vid on them: http://youtu.be/PzrH_jIrXr8
Solo's website: http://solo-performance.com/pe-camaro-ls3-std

oh good... so glad I am not the only one that is overwhelmed by all the choices thanks for the vid.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #14
Dynomax Exhaust

Drives: Camaro
First off, keep your stock exhaust, if you aren't happy with your choice you can throw that system back on, while you continue your search.
Look into our VT AXLE back system, loud when you want it, quiet at cruise.
If you aren't happy with the system we offer a 90 day ,money back guarantee.
Good luck!!!
Dynomax Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote