Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #99
1olddude

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic.
This thread proves that it is impossible to please everyone. Even if they made all these suggested changes there would always be someone to rain on the parade. I wish they could add self cleaning wheels and paint! Now that would be worth having.
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #100
1olddude

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz El Dude View Post
Deal!!! Choose between them.
Holy S$&@! Those are some babes! I think there is another thread for hottest woman!
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:44 PM   #101
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsnake View Post
20 years ago people with their gen4s would be laughing at the spoiled drivers wanting a hud, heated seats or autodimming mirrors or buttons on the steering wheel. Technology doesnt sit still even if change is scary.
Late 4th gens had buttons on the steering wheels. But otherwise, spot on. We all complain about how much the 5th gen weighs, but look at all the unnecessary bloatware (read: technology) comes on the 5th gen. When you really break it down, a Camaro should not have the same options available as a plush Cadillac.

I have a 4th and a 5th gen, and I can totally relate to your statement though. If I want to go "cruise" I pick the 4th gen 99.9% of the time because it's more fun of a car to drive. Pop the t-tops off, roll the windows down and have a blast. It's pure, gritty, etc. With the t-tops off and the windows down, you can actually ENJOY the warm summer day.

The 5th gen is fun to drive around in because of the manual transmission, but it's too refined, everything electrical, less mechanical, etc. And the port holes for windows don't help. Not to mention lack of t-tops. It really does not give the same pleasure to roll the port holes down on a warm summer day and the only sun you get to enjoy is if you hang your arm out the window.

A few summers ago I was driving my 4th gen on Michigan International Speedway for a local car show, Camaro Superfest. My parents were in their 5th gen. It was during a heat wave and horribly hot out. My A/C on the 4th gen was having problems running with my cammed tune. I was sweating my ass off with the t-tops off and windows down, I was getting fried from the sun, but it was a blast and I'll always remember that day. Meanwhile my parents are sitting comfy in their 5th gen, windows up, A/C on...

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/

Last edited by meissen; 01-27-2014 at 06:01 PM.
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:17 PM   #102
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
the t tops n cruzing in the 3 gen was what hooked me on Camaros. we didn't care what options were in the car.. but today I do like the fluffyness of remote start, heated seats, xm etc ..
ssrs2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #103
DocMartens

Drives: '14 1SS/RS LS3
Get rid of the AFM for the L99's and get rid of the skip shift for the LS3's
Old 01-27-2014, 06:46 PM   #104
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMartens View Post
Get rid of the AFM for the L99's and get rid of the skip shift for the LS3's

never happen.. it's there because of the gov't damn MPG requirements.

it's either AFM or a turbo 4-banger.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:49 PM   #105
DocMartens

Drives: '14 1SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
never happen.. it's there because of the gov't damn MPG requirements.

it's either AFM or a turbo 4-banger.
4 banger and Camaro should never be mentioned in the same sentence lol.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #106
len_eng

Drives: 2024 Radiant Red 2SS, 1994 Z28,
How about blind spot detection in the mirrors.
len_eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:22 PM   #107
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Better and wider paint colors selection. aluminum frame to lighten the load like the vette. optional blind spot alert. all season type performance tires with a good wear rating!!!!!!! Led lighting!!!!! optional chrome accenting available. Optional interior upgrades available to things like dash etc.. A affordable retro-fitable entertainment center option to include GPS. onstar standard..no charge ever. How about a power up storage allowing you have the mylink go up to view easier like some other model.... A two tone paint scheme option..... cup holder out of way of manual shifter to mean putting the console storage forward and the cups back. A clutch reservoir!!!! A Oil catch can stock!!! A decent stock CAI that feed to the outside not the back of the radiator support. Stock shorty headers. Just to name a few.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:01 PM   #108
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
I agree with Automatic Climate Control and heated steering wheel. I live in Texas, the bipolar state. One day it is 70 degrees, and the next its below freezing, and ice is everywhere. (No lie. Yesterday it was 74°F, and tomorrow we're having a hard freeze with a low of 21°F. Ridiculous, I know. It's how we live. 110°+ in summer, both freezing and normal in winter.) I wish when I would start my car with the remote in the morning on those cold days, the heat would automatically come on instead of me having to adjust it... and YES. The leather steering wheel does get cold. I have to pry my hands off when I get to school sometimes. Push button start wouldn't be such a bad thing either, and the Intelli-Key locking system would be nice. (and I don't mean the camaro definition, i mean the 'grab the handle to unlock' definition.)
Old 01-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #109
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMartens View Post
4 banger and Camaro should never be mentioned in the same sentence lol.
oh I completely agree..
Old 01-27-2014, 11:53 PM   #110
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Can't make everyone happy.
Only read first page so far ...
+but some ppl don't like push start - may not feel as connected.
+the E-break on drivers side - more leverage on opposite side & might be in someone's way with big arms.
+Cup holders out of the shifters way - good idea ...my cup holder in my formula rarely got use.
I always thought a Camaro should be a drivers car not lux. But that's why 1/2 are offer in LS/LT & SS.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:58 AM   #111
nferno
nferno SSLS3

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
Agree with everything except the radio controls. I have owned 6 vehicles with steering controls and they have all been setup the way the Camaro is.

radio on the right.. misc (cruise control or whatever) on the left.

the reason some import cars are opposite is because of right hand drive designs take priority in other countries, and they use the same steering wheels/controls for right and left had drive made vehicles.

as the general rule of thumb is both hands on the wheel at all times except when you are shifting, it makes sense the way it is set up now.

The current way it is set up is useless if your car is a M6. The wheel control is futher away then the radio knobs. Making it completly useless when not highway driving. All of the imports I drove had it on the left. It is not very easy to keep both hands on the wheel in a m6 with traffic / city driving. It makes absolutly no sense what so ever in a manual car to be on the right side.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:05 AM   #112
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
Quote:
Originally Posted by nferno View Post
The current way it is set up is useless if your car is a M6. The wheel control is futher away then the radio knobs. Making it completly useless when not highway driving. All of the imports I drove had it on the left. It is not very easy to keep both hands on the wheel in a m6 with traffic / city driving. It makes absolutly no sense what so ever in a manual car to be on the right side.
+1

Tags
features standard missing