Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #15
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Now someone needs to yank a hurst stick and see what the difference is. I wouldn't be shocked if they're the same dimensions as the ZL1 with slightly different construction methods. But remove the hurst name and it costs 1/5 the price.
I'd love to get my hands on one, but can't justify the cost. The bottom of the factory Hurst is machined from one solid piece, looks real nice. Same top piece as the regular shifter.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:10 PM   #16
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #17
Jason@JacFab

Thanks for the pic! It looks like the distance from the center of the pivot ball, and the center of the linkage connection is quite a bit longer than the stock SS/ZL1 shifter. I've seen good pictures of the Hurst shifter before, but they never showed it from that angle to really see the difference of the fulcrum point. The bottom piece also looked fairly shiny, I assumed it might have been stainless, but looking at your picture of what I assume to be a used shifter, maybe not stainless?
Old 09-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #18
Jason@JacFab

Finally picked up a factory hurst shifter! I will be adding the info I find as well as updating the CAD drawing of the shifter throws, and this thread will serve as "The ultimate stock shifter comparison guide"
Old 09-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #19
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Finally picked up a factory hurst shifter! I will be adding the info I find as well as updating the CAD drawing of the shifter throws, and this thread will serve as "The ultimate stock shifter comparison guide"

Great!!!

Maybe I'll finally get some answers to my questions in this thread that has not been responded to yet by anyone > http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312861

It appears from the pictures that the Hurst shifter is a cast piece, where the stock and ZL1 shifters aren't. It also looks like the dimensions of the Hurst are very similar to the ZL1 shifter. If so, I can't see the expense of changing my Hurst to a ZL1 shifter. I do like the 2013 knob though, and have been assured by another member here on C5 that he was able to make it work on the 2011-12 Hurst shaft by using extra force. He said it wound up being a solid fit with no need to use the screws, and no side-to-side movement that is present in the 2011-12 Hurst knob.

Thanks, Jason for digging into this for us.

I have subscribed and am waiting anxiously your findings.
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #20
CrimsonHowitzer

Drives: 2-70 Camaros,40 chev 2dr sedan
Has anyone attempted to relocate the pivot ball by pressing it? It looks like its just splined.
CrimsonHowitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:10 AM   #21
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Any updates on this Jason? How did the ZL1 Shifter compare to the Factory Hurst Short Throw Shifter? Do you know what the throw reduction of the ZL1 Shifter is? Rumor has it that the ZL1 Shifter is the same as the 2013+ Factory Hurst SST.
If true, they both provide a 22% throw reduction...

Last edited by Klepton; 01-28-2014 at 03:20 AM.
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #22
Red 2010 Camaro

Drives: Red 2010 Camaro
V-6 1LT Shifter Shaft Question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I'd love to get my hands on one, but can't justify the cost. The bottom of the factory Hurst is machined from one solid piece, looks real nice. Same top piece as the regular shifter.
I have a 2010 1LT V-6 Camaro and would like to install a ZL1 shifter shaft or possibly an entire ZL1 assy. Do you possibly have a 1LT shifter shaft that you could compare the dimensions of regarding the ball pivet and end bushing centerline locations.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

All The Best,

Red 2010 Camaro
Red 2010 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote