Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-14-2014, 12:22 PM   #71
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Question is...was he parked like that? Because I have to wonder about people that don't know how to keep it between the lines...both on the road and off. Makes me wonder if they know how to drive.

And, if he does it...doesn't mean you should too. I would have parked like a normal person, and laughed at your friend when he got that "ticket" because he deserved it.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #72
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Question is...was he parked like that? Because I have to wonder about people that don't know how to keep it between the lines...both on the road and off. Makes me wonder if they know how to drive.

And, if he does it...doesn't mean you should too. I would have parked like a normal person, and laughed at your friend when he got that "ticket" because he deserved it.
Again, we were all together ("a car meet"), parked in the very rear of the lot. I don't see the big deal. If I was there all by myself and parked right in front of the restaurant and took two spaces, then that is a douche move. A line of Camaros in an empty lot is a little different. Young kids with too much time on their hands. Again, you don't touch other people's vehicles.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:11 AM   #73
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
haha, just remembered this video

"i'll buy your whole family mother f*cker!"
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 02:36 AM   #74
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post

That guy in red is just jealous he doesn't have an Italian stallion!

But really people shouldn't do things like that! What does he think he drives a Ferrari or something. lol At least when I double park I do it out where no one is offended by it. Gosh some people need to chill. I hope some of you get door dings tomorrow!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:17 AM   #75
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
But in all seriousness, we all know you guys would be laughing and making fun of the Jetta if a Camaro put it on his windshield. Should he have touched your car? No. But at the end of the day it's just a Camaro and you were double parking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Beautiful Color!!

Can you imagine a ABM 1LE or ZL1?? That would be pure sex...
It's a shame that we'll never see that..
Old 07-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #76
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post

If you're in the business of pulling pranks, don't get butt-hurt if someone gets pissed off at you. You wanted a reaction? Well, you got one. Accept it as part of the game, or stop pulling pranks. Don't act like you have a right to prank other people and not be in danger of receiving a beat down.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:59 PM   #77
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Well I guess I should have expected some people saying "you're dumb for parking in two spots" however, I did not expect such passion with that mentality. Here is the situation step by step:

- I arrive at the same time as the red camaro (half hour before resraurant opens a.k.a. empty parking lot)
- I park a half space over from red camaro since I saw someone was in their backseat and we were at a meet. (Trying to avoid door dings, hardly a worse feeling than door dinging a fellow club member's door.) We park in back of lot.
- Get out start talking.
- CGM camaro comes and parks next to red camaro
- Black camaro comes and parks next to me utilizing the extra parking space (and why not? I would have done the same myself as him AT A CLUB MEET)
- Keep talking waiting for the other 6 confirmed cars for the meet.
- Go inside to enjoy meal
- See Jetta tool run out of car and hop from my car to black camaro and dart back to Jetta to speed off.
- See moronic sheet on windshield.

Do I expect sympathy from this, not really. Maybe a "wow, what an idiot" or shared opinion that some people just have too much time (wish I had his extra time!). If not who cares. I just thought the common courtesy for a meet was to park a half spot over so that you minimize the risk of dinging a club member's car. I am not condoning parking like this in a fully loaded up parking lot, but leave people's cars alone if you see it happen. You wouldn't want someone screwing with your car.

So much for club courtesy, I guess someone should post a thread on "appropriate" club/meet behavior. Seems a little ridiculious, but whatever.

Also, the thought of a 1le or zl1 in ABM would be AMAZING!!!!!! Ironically enough, ABM is the second most popular color in our group. Red is number one, but we have 3 ABM's consistently show up and have had as many as 4 at one event, all SS's.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote