Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 06:42 AM   #57
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Yeah, a long time ago. Did you buy the car new?
I have not gotten the recall letter yet, I'm sure many have not yet.

Either way I am calling BS on this OP story. My guess is he crashed and is now trying to cash in at the expense of GM.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #58
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
Exactly! Things like this is what causes GM to question other legitimate things that have happened to people. Oh well, last I'm saying. GM will undoubtedly see through this. There should be consequences for people doing this.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:01 AM   #59
Storm T
Can't slow down

Drives: 2013 SS Dusk Edition (Insain Bolt)
Exactly! Things like this is what causes GM to question other legitimate things that have happened to people. Oh well, last I'm saying. GM will undoubtedly see through this. There should be consequences for people doing this.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:02 AM   #60
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post

Either way I am calling BS on this OP story. My guess is he crashed and is now trying to cash in at the expense of GM.
It does seem really strange. No police report, no insurance involement, had no idea of the recall until mom told him. I didn't think a person on the planet except for maybe African tripes didn't here about the recall especially if you're a member on this forum. I don't know. Just odd. Not saying not true, but certainly odd indeed.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #61
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exordus View Post
I am 6'3" and don't have any issue's being near the ignition either.

Question: I am not sure I understand the whole recall thing. When I bought my car a few weeks back I couldn't "officially" sign for it because of the recall and the dealership not having the new keys. I drove it off the lot anyway. But when they got the new keys a week later, all they did was take the key that was attached to the FOB off...and attach a full key to the FOB. I don't understand what that fixes anyway since you can bump a key with your knee as easily as you can bump a FOB.
Sounds like your dealer ignored the stop sale to make sure you bought the car.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #62
Ohten

Drives: Granite Crystal Challenger SRT
you punched it and lost control.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #63
Sword5

Drives: 2010 2SS
I'm 6' and my knees get no where near the fob, if it was i would have to be on cruise and really trying. Have driven this car for 5 years and not once even come close to hitting it.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:15 AM   #64
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post

I agree, I've never seen a stop sign on a curve always going straight. How does a car jump to the right and crash? I think someone was just hot dogging in his car. Now he left the scene of an accident involving property damage, and now he is trying to CYA .
Old 08-04-2014, 08:24 AM   #65
Kid

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, 68 Camaro RS
Don't ZL1's get really quiet when you turn them off? Especially on the road at 3 in the morning...

Old 08-04-2014, 08:30 AM   #66
potterluck
LukeB

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #3802
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I agree, I've never seen a stop sign on a curve always going straight. How does a car jump to the right and crash? I think someone was just hot dogging in his car. Now he left the scene of an accident involving property damage, and now he is trying to CYA .
I did no property damage, maybe some grass. I already paid the city for the sign, so no need to CYA. I can take pics of where my seat is and drive around, if needed. I am not making up a bs story to get out of anything, I have already paid for the parts, except rims. I drive a ZL1 and I bought it new, I also have an LTZ Silverado, LTZ impala and a dodge fart, do you guys think I am really that strapped for $850 worth of parts I spent to fix my car? I really don't care that much if GM pays for it, I just called them and made them aware. They said they would create a claim and send a guy out to investigate the issue. They may not do anything, because the story sucks and there is no explanation for how or why it happened the way it did.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #67
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Thread does not deserve a reply, I will give it this ............
Old 08-04-2014, 08:48 AM   #68
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Law of probabilities...you have a larger chance of dying in a plane crash than you do hitting the fob with your knee while driving. So only one person on the forum has the issue, so the odds are basically nil that this is a real issue for Camaro owners.

I'm not judging potterluck. But in HIS case he obviously needed the recall and glad the damage wasn't worse to him or the Camaro. The rest of us don't.

Just be careful out there whatever key you use.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 08-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #69
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
If you had run out of gas and the car shut off, it's your responsibility to safely navigate to the side of the road. I don't see blaming GM for an accident. I'm only 5'11 but I don't possibly see how you could bump it with your knee. I tried
Old 08-04-2014, 09:01 AM   #70
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I'm 6'3" and have to do a roundhouse kick with my knee to get anywhere close to the key in the ignition. Impossible to do while wearing a seat belt unless you are trying to touch it.

Im not doubting the man but I am 6'3 and my knee is NO WHERE CLOSE to the key at all, its at least 3-4 inches away. And my inseam is 35 inches so I am also long legged so im not sure how this happened.

Closed Thread

Tags
blame it on the keys.net, crashed, keyfob, lanky legged larry