Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-31-2014, 06:44 AM   #15
S-eatin-grin

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
This goes for any build. If you add power, and don't address the fuel system and all related systems, you will have a problem. That is not a eforce issue.
I was just saying that there actually is an e-force issue...the fuel rail design. Easy and cheap to fix. Not an issue at the base level install. Yes you have to address tune, injectors, pump with any SC build that goes beyond the base install but with the others that feed evenly from the center the fuel rail is not an issue. With the e-force if you don't change the feed with Ted's mod or some other mod...you are at a higher risk for a problem for #5 and #7 to blow.
S-eatin-grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:55 AM   #16
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
I was just saying that there actually is an e-force issue...the fuel rail design. Easy and cheap to fix. Not an issue at the base level install. Yes you have to address tune, injectors, pump with any SC build that goes beyond the base install but with the others that feed evenly from the center the fuel rail is not an issue. With the e-force if you don't change the feed with Ted's mod or some other mod...you are at a higher risk for a problem for #5 and #7 to blow.
I will semi agree with you. Feeding both rails makes sense to me, I suggest that anyone do it. It cost almost nothing to do yourself.

I have modified my lines to feed both rails, because it makes sense and gives me piece of mind. That said, Ted, and his mod are not known in the corvette world. There are tons of eforce vettes running around without this done and I have yet to hear of a problem related to it.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:14 PM   #17
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Yes everything was accounted for and tuned properly. Sometimes things just happen. It was the #5 Piston and Rod,Domino Effect Nothing left but the Headers and Electronics.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #18
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-eatin-grin View Post
Question, If your car is on the dyno does this problem show up?

I called LPE and asked about this being a problem and they said they sale 3 yr 36 mos. warranty cars and if there was a problem it would be addressed and they haven't had a problem yet and they have a lot of 750 hp cars. Same with hennessey so not that these companies are any better than Janet, but seems if there was huge problem the others would get on board..
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:34 AM   #19
realcanuk

Drives: 2007 Corvette C6 983 RWHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Question, If your car is on the dyno does this problem show up?

I called LPE and asked about this being a problem and they said they sale 3 yr 36 mos. warranty cars and if there was a problem it would be addressed and they haven't had a problem yet and they have a lot of 750 hp cars. Same with hennessey so not that these companies are any better than Janet, but seems if there was huge problem the others would get on board..
Personally I have not seen this problem show up and am not convinced its really a problem. Like I said its worth doing for peace of mind anyways, as it cost almost nothing to do it yourself.
A lot of 750 hp eforce cars ? I wish they would share more details because I don't see many details of cars at that level, and would like to.
Dewitts / dual spals, A&A dual pump fuel system.
3.42 polished gears, hardened shafts, Alky control meth, Cartech line lock, ECS axle loops, Trans brace, 6L80 built by me.
ID 1000 injectors, comp rockers, Morel lifters, BT springs, Trend 3/8 pushrods, ATI 10% OD Damper
Circle D Triple Disc stall
1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWTQ @ 6000,
realcanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:10 AM   #20
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Ya, LPE GT9 Cam, 2.75 pulley, Full headers and Exhaust, Ported CNC heads, Injectors, LPE Dual pump, and there Super exchanger (really just the AFCO heat exchanger) and meth injection. Put you at 750 rwhp.. Most of its done on the ZL1 but I have seen a few SS's.
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #21
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Running this set up for quite while now,about 10k miles, no issues of yet.
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.785rwhp/885lbtq.50 SHOT NO2..Pfadt arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX MONSTER CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.Hammerhead rear, 3:73's. WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote