Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-07-2014, 06:39 PM   #15
Silver Ice Man

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Spring limited edition
Would LOVE to see a few pics of that install.......
Sounds like the way I might go with a lumpy cam as well.
MODS: CIA cold air intake, Oil catch can, Dynatech LT Headers, Dynatech Power cats, Dynatech Cat back exhaust, Janetty racing tune, Vitesse throttle controller, Headlight and marker tint, more to follow....
Silver Ice Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:08 PM   #16
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Ice Man View Post
Would LOVE to see a few pics of that install.......
Sounds like the way I might go with a lumpy cam as well.
This wasn't the install. JRE did a clutch, suspension work, some other items, and a 2 level boost tune.

You can see install pics in my thread. There are a few other nice AGP install threads here in this forum.

No cam needed to get much more power than I have.

Last edited by Fraxum; 07-13-2015 at 06:32 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:55 PM   #17
dreksnot
Served USN - Atomic Chimp

Drives: 13 Camaro LSX434 TT M6, 21 ZLE A10
I have more RWHP than you with my 673 with 10.4# boost. Oh, wait. Let me figure in my altitude correction factor of 1.33. Nope, I guess I actually only have 506rwhp hitting the pavement. Oh, how the mile high succubus drains HP.

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
dreksnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #18
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreksnot View Post
I have more RWHP than you with my 673 with 10.4# boost. Oh, wait. Let me figure in my altitude correction factor of 1.33. Nope, I guess I actually only have 506rwhp hitting the pavement. Oh, how the mile high succubus drains HP.
What a bummer about your air. What times does your car run? I have a very hard time getting a consistent 60'. Hoping my new clutch will help.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #19
dreksnot

I am the epitome of inconsistent now. I average 2.2 with DR's with a best of 2.1. I think it's a combination of driver, rear gears (3.45) and stock clutch. Looking to swap rear diff to 3.73 and twin-disc. Funny thing, I usually drop tire pressure to 18-22psi but on my very last run of the day after hot lapping for the third time I ran my best time of 12.1sec with tire pressure 28psi. Weird, huh?

In excess of 1,000WHP
LSX434 | AGP 65/65 TT | BTR Equalizer Intake | Trickflow 245cc cathedral | BTR custom cam | Cortex EBC | n2mb WOT | ID-1700x | Brisk GR12S | RPM Lv 7 TR6060 | AGP's Triple 525LPH Fore Fuel | Monster LT1-S Triple | 4.11 DSS Proform 9", CF driveshaft, 1400hp axles | Hurst Line Lock | MGW Retro Short Throw w/old skool Hurst T-handle | ADM solid subframe mounts | Prothane Motor Mounts | Revshift Poly Trans insert | Moreno camber/caster plates
Old 10-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #20
Fraxum

Quote:
I am the epitome of inconsistent now. I average 2.2 with DR's with a best of 2.1. I think it's a combination of driver, rear gears (3.45) and stock clutch. Looking to swap rear diff to 3.73 and twin-disc. Funny thing, I usually drop tire pressure to 18-22psi but on my very last run of the day after hot lapping for the third time I ran my best time of 12.1sec with tire pressure 28psi. Weird, huh?
I ran my 3 best times while still on 6 pounds of boost with 30 pounds of air in my NT555Rs. With this new 10 pound tune I might need less air and more tire to get it to hook.

I think the weakness here is the stock clutch. If I slipped mine enough to keep the revs in the 3K range (where my boost starts) usually the clutch would give out before 100 feet. I had at least one run with a 1.7 60 and an ET of like 15 seconds. A pretty much stock well driven turbo Beetle ate my lunch. At least it was another turbo.

But on at least two runs I was able to walk some sort of fine line, get a 1.7 60' and get my two best times. That was 2 runs out of about 100. Hoping my new DYAD will help here.

Edit: Sadly the DYAD helped me waste $2,500. Stay away from this clutch.

My gearing, even with the 3.91 is much like yours because of the transmission gearing. But even stock you needed to shift into 4th to run the 1/4 in a 1LE.

Last edited by Fraxum; 07-01-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:50 PM   #21
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Once you can slip the clutch and hold RPMs at 4500+, you will drop 1/2+ second easy enough. Even with the old lower power setup.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:58 PM   #22
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Once you can slip the clutch and hold RPMs at 4500+, you will drop 1/2+ second easy enough. Even with the old lower power setup.
Hope so! I can try both power levels. If I can gain that much 10s will be easy on 10 pounds (I think). I will have to drop that tire pressure.

Now, to drive 500 miles of stop and go driving before going back to the track.
Old 10-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #23
dreksnot

Quote:
Won't happen with a stock clutch (pedal will do the infamous soften up and stick to the floor). Twin or triple-disc is needed! Any, yes. With the RPM's up and putting load on the car will spin up the turbos and get more power to the ground (with a manual). Auto is easy to launch the turbos, relatively.

In excess of 1,000WHP
Old 10-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #24
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Hope so! I can try both power levels. If I can gain that much 10s will be easy on 10 pounds (I think). I will have to drop that tire pressure.

Now, to drive 500 miles of stop and go driving before going back to the track.
Have a safe Fun trip back to south Jersey

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #25
Fraxum

Quote:
Won't happen with a stock clutch (pedal will do the infamous soften up and stick to the floor). Twin or triple-disc is needed! Any, yes. With the RPM's up and putting load on the car will spin up the turbos and get more power to the ground (with a manual). Auto is easy to launch the turbos, relatively.
So true, Ted solved this part of the problem for my 1LE. Now it is up to me, I ahve to stop blaming the car.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #26
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
So after driving it what do you think?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #27
Fraxum

Quote:
So after driving it what do you think?
I defintely can feel the torque and the power coming on sooner. Like a push in the back. It was overpowering the goodyears a little, even warm. The car runs better than it ever has overall, even off the boost.

But I am not letting it go yet. I need another 150 miles of cyclic driving before I can drag race with the new clutch. So if the rain holds out I will take care of that tomorrow on my way to Island Dragway.

The Centerforce DYAD is amazing.

Edit: the only amazing thing about this clutch is that it only lasted less than 1,500 miles!

The effort is less than stock. Now that it is almost broken in, it is getting smoother. JRE changed out my trans oil and the shifting is noticeably smoother.

Also adding the cradle bushings, adjustable toe rods, and a 4 wheel track oriented alignment has the car driving as on rails. It was a rush driving the hills on the back roads of Connecticut with my new setup on the way home.

All in all now I am excited to turn the key. JRE did a grat job improving my car, helping me make educated decisions, and fixing a number of little problems.

Last edited by Fraxum; 07-01-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #28
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I defintely can feel the torque and the power coming on sooner. Like a push in the back. It was overpowering the goodyears a little, even warm. The car runs better than it ever has overall, even off the boost.

But I am not letting it go yet. I need another 150 miles of cyclic driving before I can drag race with the new clutch. So if the rain holds out I will take care of that tomorrow on my way to Island Dragway.

The Centerforce DYAD is amazing. The effort is less than stock. Now that it is almost broken in, it is getting smoother. JRE changed out my trans oil and the shifting is noticeably smoother.

Also adding the cradle bushings, adjustable toe rods, and a 4 wheel track oriented alignment has the car driving as on rails. It was a rush driving the hills on the back roads of Connecticut with my new setup on the way home.

All in all now I am excited to turn the key. JRE did a grat job improving my car, helping me make educated decisions, and fixing a number of little problems.
Thank you for the detailed report.

I was a pleasure working with you and will continue to support you on your quest for super all around car.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote