Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-29-2014, 07:23 AM   #85
garyw

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
the more I read about California the more I feel for the people who live there...I have never been, but I just can't imagine living in a place that's so contradicting...lets legalize weed, but you cant put long tubes or blacked out tail lights on your car...I know weed brings the money in, but seriously think about it..California is ridiculous
its not just cali man, think SAFETY! Why would you put something on the only warning that alerts the guy behind you that your stopping?

its one thing to be dumb, but to get on a forum and write about it?

People are ridiculous.
garyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 07:42 AM   #86
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I like your tint too... looks great. Problem is, a LEO isn't going by how good (or bad) it looks - he/she is looking at it from a legal standpoint, a safety standpoint, and does it fit within the laws of the motor vehicle codes.

I don't know if yours is legal or not - probably not. And if not, I'm sure you know it's not. I also trust you will not be a whiney offender when the day finally comes for your ticket(s).
Yup, I take mind on where I drive (some towns more strict then others) and I also follow the other laws on the road to not stick out more. So far no issues and if I do get a ticket I'd expect it. May post something like hey look at this but probably not on here though.

I still want to install my front plate some way so I remove one excuse to get pulled over since they like to look for that in Ohion

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:23 AM   #87
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
The blacked out tail lights look cool, but if your following a car with them they suck.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:45 AM   #88
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS

These were from big worm ... after this thread I may take them off ! I do not want to cause an accident or get rear ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #89
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyw View Post
its not just cali man, think SAFETY! Why would you put something on the only warning that alerts the guy behind you that your stopping?

its one thing to be dumb, but to get on a forum and write about it?

People are ridiculous.
Yeah I don't know man...it's not just about safety there are a bunch of other things Cali cracks down on...

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:39 AM   #90
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
I had big worms but I took if off. I dont like the film look and feel cheap so I bought a brandnew and it was professionally painted. Now its game over! Lol
Have any pics of your tail lights? I have an extra set that I may have lightly tinted professionally and add some Oracle afterburners to them.
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #91
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyWil View Post
Have any pics of your tail lights? I have an extra set that I may have lightly tinted professionally and add some Oracle afterburners to them.
Heres mine.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #92
KeyWil

Drives: 2011 Blk 1LS A6
Righteous! A little to dark for me but nice contrast on that summit white. You have a photo/video of you hitting you brakes to see how bright they are during day and night?
KeyWil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:42 AM   #93
blackedOUTSS610

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS/RS
Black on white looks great ! Nice pic

blackedOUTSS610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:46 AM   #94
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackedOUTSS610 View Post
Black on white looks great ! Nice pic

Thanks Bro! Your car looks fantastic too!!I will really miss this.😭😭😭😭
Old 10-29-2014, 11:10 AM   #95
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Hey man, if wanting a safe road means I sound old, then sign me up for a gold watch 40 years early.

The problem I have is everyone my age, not just the morons, take a hit respect-wise when a moron goes off and does something stupid, so to be fair, it's less about you and more about I'm tired of hearing about stupid crap with people my age. You don't hear about 40 year olds being reckless when some guy crashes his vette, but you sure do if a 20 year old does it. It's a stigma that we, the 20 aughts, need to work to change. Not expect everyone to suddenly just approve of our so-called maturity.

I doubt I can change anything, but what's the harm in trying. At the very least maybe someone will get a new perspective on something.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:21 AM   #96
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Hey man, if wanting a safe road means I sound old, then sign me up for a gold watch 40 years early.

The problem I have is everyone my age, not just the morons, take a hit respect-wise when a moron goes off and does something stupid, so to be fair, it's less about you and more about I'm tired of hearing about stupid crap with people my age. You don't hear about 40 year olds being reckless when some guy crashes his vette, but you sure do if a 20 year old does it. It's a stigma that we, the 20 aughts, need to work to change. Not expect everyone to suddenly just approve of our so-called maturity.

I doubt I can change anything, but what's the harm in trying. At the very least maybe someone will get a new perspective on something.

+1 Stupidity is age-less, and age doesnt determine maturity. There are immature 20 year olds just as there are immature 40 year olds. Might be alot more immature 20 year olds / "Kids", but not all deserve that title.

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #97
Rainbow1616

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS/RS
Blacked out tails illegal? Mine came like that with blacked out tails, side markers and bowties? I just assumed it was like that factory?
Rainbow1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #98
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
I also want to add that I have the brightest LEDs in my taillights that I can find.

My markers are as bright as my brakes were without the tint. With the tint my markers and brakes are still brighter then factory look incandescent bulbs.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote