Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-19-2015, 03:57 PM   #295
Soybeanrice

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
Lots of stuff in motion this week. I am hopeful that by we will be wrapped up at the engine builder's by end of week.

Thanks man. It sure has been a roller coaster of getting excited and then cooling my heels while we wait for something to arrive, happen, etc.

Hope the Black Labels work out well for you! They were a key part of my build.

(and now, back to work for me. Gotta pay for all this stuff somehow...)
Always meant to ask, what program/data logger are you using for that sick HUD for your track videos? like the one in ur sig
Soybeanrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 04:09 PM   #296
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soybeanrice View Post
Always meant to ask, what program/data logger are you using for that sick HUD for your track videos? like the one in ur sig
It's actually an iPhone app called Harry's Laptimer. You need to get an external GPS unit, but it takes video and integrates GPS data. I also have a small device that plugs into my OBD port and throws up a small wifi network that the iPhone logs into and reads engine data real time. It all sounds great and when it works, it's awesome. But, my complaints are:

1) IOS 7 locking video focal length does not work well and so I get videos that are constantly slipping in and out of focus. I am hoping it will be different with IOS 8.

2) The functionality only works 80-90% of the time. So, for instance, you'll finish a great run and then notice that none of it was recorded because for some reason the auto trigger didn't work when you left the grid. Or when you try to overlay, it can't find the engine data. Frustrating for that 10-20% of the time.

There are better systems out there but it's a few grand to install and for now I'd rather put that money into performance....

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:12 PM   #297
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Hey, apparently I get to be the first to Congratulate you... Look at the title of this thread and then go to the homepage... Front and center baby... Yeahhhhhhh....

Congrats on Camaro of the Week...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...

Last edited by SSE 4 2SS; 01-19-2015 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Dupe
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #298
SSSoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Hey, apparently I get to be the first to Congratulate you... Look at the title of this thread and then go to the homepage... Front and center baby... Yeahhhhhhh....

Congrats on Camaro of the Week...
All I can say is Wow! Thank you Mods - I can't believe it. I've drooled over many COTW over the past four years and never thought that mine would be one.

Can't wait to get things wrapped up and get her onto VIR to see how it all feels under WOT, and in the corners. It'll be end of Feb I bet before that happens, but will post video

Thanks again!

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:30 PM   #299
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
All I can say is Wow! Thank you Mods - I can't believe it. I've drooled over many COTW over the past four years and never thought that mine would be one.

Can't wait to get things wrapped up and get her onto VIR to see how it all feels under WOT, and in the corners. It'll be end of Feb I bet before that happens, but will post video

Thanks again!
Tran makes those decisions, but your car is very deserving...

I can't wait to hear how this thing runs... It will tear up some track times no doubt...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:49 PM   #300
fisherssmoke

Drives: Black SS
Congrats….just awesome.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 PM   #301
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
i love this thread. WHEN oh WHEN!?
2010 2SS- 562whp/634wtq 12 psi on3 turbo 78mm magnum /w aem truboost, pat g cam, Kooks 3" catback, Factory Rep 41s with 285/315 20" michelin PSS, Snow Meth, Hex Hood Vents, ZL1 FP & ADM FPCM /w JMS BAP, ID 850s, DSS lvl 4 axles & aluminum 1 piece D/S, Total Pro BMR bushings, fe4 sways, toe rods & trailing arms, Prothane engine mounts, MGW shifter, eaton true trac, mantic 9000 clutch, idealg master cylinder, JDP clutch oil reservoir, ram clutch pedal adjust, Tick clutch & bleed lines, Dewitts Rad
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:46 AM   #302
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Much deserved COTW , So much work going in to you Camaro , looking forward to seeing the end result
Old 01-20-2015, 03:41 AM   #303
3Black
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS M6
Camaro of the year?
3Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:35 AM   #304
whiteknight012

Drives: 2011 CAMARO RS (1LT) CGM/BLK
Wow, this build is insane. Congrats on COTW...much deserved!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:37 AM   #305
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Congrats Mr. COTW I'm pretty sure this will be Camaro of the day at the tracks too

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:03 AM   #306
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:11 AM   #307
SSSoon

Thanks for all your congratulations, guys. JusticePete should take a bow here too because he's the mastermind behind turning cravings into performance.

It's been a long time coming but it's finally coming together. Here are a few more shots. Engine bay looking good, and a final shot of the roll cage with a second lateral bar in there. More news as things come together this week.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #308
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Wow