Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-11-2015, 09:40 PM   #29
DemonZL1

Drives: like a granny
first guy appears to be a porter and the second guy appears to be a helper. No reason to touch your bag, unless you had a wheel lock key and he was verifying they put it back where you left it... i dunno. best i could come up with on that.

either way, sucks the first one can't drive a manual and the second one, no harm done but it's your car and your stuff.

next time you go somewhere tell the writer you have a camera. That car will get the best treatment possible.

Anderson composites coupon code : Demon
DemonZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:41 PM   #30
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Well personally I would like to thank the OP for showing us that cool camera. I've just ordered one so thanks for posting such a great sample video.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #31
Jbow89

Drives: 2012 LS
Haha no problem on the camera it will record over itself so you never have to clear the video and you can lock clips so they won't get eraced. And for the legality issue I looked up the law and a recorder in plain sight is considered consent on all parties so there is no legal issues with it. I will talk to them about the manual issue because I do think they should ask the driver if he can drive it. As for the bag I see what people are saying about just checking things so I guess no harm no foul
Jbow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:04 PM   #32
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbow89 View Post
Haha no problem on the camera it will record over itself so you never have to clear the video and you can lock clips so they won't get eraced. And for the legality issue I looked up the law and a recorder in plain sight is considered consent on all parties so there is no legal issues with it. I will talk to them about the manual issue because I do think they should ask the driver if he can drive it. As for the bag I see what people are saying about just checking things so I guess no harm no foul
Show how some pics on how you wired this. I like the camera.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:14 PM   #33
SummitWhite1LE
SICC

Drives: 2014 2SS1LE Summit White Camaro
Also what it looks like on the glass, I think I am going to get one
SummitWhite1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:15 PM   #34
Jbow89

Drives: 2012 LS
I think I'll make a diy tomorrow
Jbow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #35
SummitWhite1LE
SICC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbow89 View Post
I think I'll make a diy tomorrow
That would be kick a@@
Old 03-11-2015, 10:38 PM   #36
SummitWhite1LE
SICC

I saw online that some of the reviews said you can't see license plate numbers, is that true? How good is the image?
Will the camera turn on for motion or shock if the car is not running? Cuz that'd be great if you were in a parking lot and someone backed into you so you can catch a license plate number! Any info would be great.
Old 03-11-2015, 11:01 PM   #37
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Sounds like you need to call John Quinones from that TV show - What would you do? Lol !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2015, 12:40 AM   #38
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
Human nature being what it is, if you leave things in your car, there is a good chance they may get looked at. Leave a Penthouse on the seat next time and watch the video on that. You may never want to touch your steering wheel ever again.
Old 03-12-2015, 02:49 AM   #39
thkfast

Drives: '14 Red 2SS/RS/LS3
My dash cam runs anytime the key is on, so I played back my last service visit and was actually very pleased. I was able to see the mechanic carefully pull it into the bay, re-calibrate the TPMS, use a clean shop rag to close the hood and genuinely handled it with care. Sure, he let out a HUGE BURP (who doesn't?) and announced to the world, "BIG RED DICK COMING THROUGH" while backing it out of the bay, but who doesn't act silly when no one is watching?

"CHARACTER: It's how you act when nobody is around."

thkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:57 AM   #40
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
The first guy reflects pretty poorly on the dealership. It's usually a job requirement to already know to how to drive a manual trans as a dealership employee who touches the vehicles. The kid had a foul mouth and the wrong attitude.

Second...I would never recommend leaving anything worth looking through, or taking, in your car when you leave it for service. I even pull my garage remote/ clear Homelink and take my registration papers with me when I drop the car off--and I only leave them the key for the vehicle and no other keys. It's not that I don't trust people...I just don't want the burden of worrying about anything happening. The second guy looked curious, but he didn't do anything with the bag other than look at it.

I was a lot attendant a long, long time ago. First thing I did when I got in someone else's car was turn off the radio. One, because Katy Perry was annoying before she was even born, and two, I never wanted to be accused of listening to music in a customer's car.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:35 AM   #41
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjk_art View Post
Yeah I mean dude the first video is unfortunate, but it doesn't seem like he abused your car intentionally.

Second video... there could be any number of reasons he lifted up your backpack. It was so quick and nonchalant, it looks like he was making sure he didn't leave something behind like a report/paper/car ID. It's not like he unzipped and scavaneged through anything or even opened up your console. They normally keep papers in the passenger seat, so when it's packed to the roof with your junk, it's not unreasonable for him to check that seat out of reflex.

All in all.. not sure you'll really get anything out of it but an argument and an courtesy apology.
I agree. Kinda spooky watching this tho. I do think it's illegal in some states to record audio... that's why corvette had to remove audio recording from the corvette valet/track camera.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #42
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by revived View Post
He touched your bag... Are you really going to piss and moan over it?

He tried to drive and stalled it a few times- omg I'm going to call a manager lmfao

You sound like a cry baby to me these guys are doing nothing wrong.
^^^^ This. Move on.