Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-29-2015, 04:30 PM   #57
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010reddevil View Post
The only thing that turns me off about SW is that all of their mufflers have louvered cores and not smooth, straight through cores.
What is your concern about it? That is part of what gives it the distinct sound it has.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:05 PM   #58
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by '14-ELLIE View Post
If the LS3 is the same as the L99, then CA12CB.
I couldn't find anything on this ... can anyone confirm ?
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 05:55 PM   #59
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
I couldn't find anything on this ... can anyone confirm ?
If you have the single tip rear fascia then you need CA11CB. If you have the 1LE/ZL1 quad tip rear fascia you need CA12CB. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need any other answers.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:09 PM   #60
tarik1985

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
The Retro Chambered is louder and deeper than the ATAK for the Camaro. It is also 3". Forced induction really makes a good exhaust sound amazing.
we get it retro chambered is the best because you sell them...lol
Something I learned " never take advice from a vendor "
Old 05-29-2015, 07:26 PM   #61
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarik1985 View Post
We sell both systems and factors like volume and tone are facts, not opinions. Thanks for trying to seem cool by questioning my integrity though. Better luck next time.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:40 PM   #62
tarik1985

Quote:
We sell both systems and factors like volume and tone are facts, not opinions. Thanks for trying to seem cool by questioning my integrity though. Better luck next time.
Oh I didn't mean to question your integrity.. I just was wondering why you suck stainless works so hard then I read that you're a vendor of their products. So I drew the conclusion I might be wrong but it kinda seems that way.. Sorry if I hurt your feelings
Old 05-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #63
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Oh I didn't mean to question your integrity.. I just was wondering why you suck stainless works so hard then I read that you're a vendor of their products. So I drew the conclusion I might be wrong but it kinda seems that way.. Sorry if I hurt your feelings
I don't get my feelings hurt over uninformed forum posts. Personally, I prefer the sound of the Retro Chambered over the ATAK. No doubt about that.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:31 AM   #64
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
"Learned" ??

Learning doesn't appear to be one of your strong suits, because had you actually clicked his signature and did a little research before looking like a fool.

You would have "learned" that Apex sells both exhausts here.

http://www.apex-speed.com/stainless-...a10cbllmf.html

http://www.apex-speed.com/?subcats=Y...roducts.search

Paying attention doesn't appear to be one of your strong attributes either, because had you read the first post, you would've seen the videos that APEX MOTORSPORTS MADE for BOTH exhausts.

But then again, reading probably isn't up your alley... so that's why they made videos to watch! For simple people like you!

Better luck next time with whatever you were trying to accomplish?
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:22 AM   #65
tarik1985

[QUOTE=Dmpsix;8455390]"Learned" ??

Learning doesn't appear to be one of your strong suits, because had you actually clicked his signature and did a little research before looking like a fool.

You would have "learned" that Apex sells both exhausts here.

http://www.apex-speed.com/stainless-...a10cbllmf.html

http://www.apex-speed.com/?subcats=Y...roducts.search

Paying attention doesn't appear to be one of your strong attributes either, because had you read the first post, you would've seen the videos that APEX MOTORSPORTS MADE for BOTH exhausts.

But then again, reading probably isn't up your alley... so that's why they made videos to watch! For simple people like you!

Better luck next time with whatever you were trying to accomplish? [/QUOte

Oh you got butt hurt too ? Well I apologize for stating my opinion didn't know you guys were so sensitive..
Old 05-30-2015, 12:02 PM   #66
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Those spiral louvers are old school technology and make a muffler restrictive vs a smooth perforated core. That's why Borla, Magnaflow, Hooker and even Cherry Bomb of all companies don't use louvered cores. In a 3" muffler, it probably won't hurt anything, but any exhaust system is only as efficient as it's worst restriction. I'm not gonna pay for 50's glass pack style tech for a $700 c/b system. Just saying. As far as Borla sound is concerned, I like the S-type, but definitely not the ATAK version. Sounds too raw and unrefined. Again, just my opinion.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:43 AM   #67
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Those spiral louvers are old school technology and make a muffler restrictive vs a smooth perforated core. That's why Borla, Magnaflow, Hooker and even Cherry Bomb of all companies don't use louvered cores. In a 3" muffler, it probably won't hurt anything, but any exhaust system is only as efficient as it's worst restriction. I'm not gonna pay for 50's glass pack style tech for a $700 c/b system. Just saying. As far as Borla sound is concerned, I like the S-type, but definitely not the ATAK version. Sounds too raw and unrefined. Again, just my opinion.
Spiral louvered mufflers are an old school technique which is what produces the "retro" muscle car sound that many enthusiasts want. Like a lot of subjects that stretch back to those days it is easy to get wrapped up in the old school anecdotes and conjecture, but it is important to keep in mind that what is true on one car/engine is not always the same on another or even on the same car/engine at different power levels. What we have to stick to is the data and there is none that suggests that it is robbing any power on these cars, SS or ZL1. The stock manifolds and cats are far more restrictive than anything the factory or aftermarket has that bolts up behind them.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:58 AM   #68
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Yeah you may be right after all, and I might one day give them a shot. But for now, it's just not something I feel comfortable spending that kind of coin on. To each their own of course.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:17 PM   #69
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Yeah you may be right after all, and I might one day give them a shot. But for now, it's just not something I feel comfortable spending that kind of coin on. To each their own of course.
Absolutely. Fortunately the aftermarket has produced plenty of options for us to play with.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:41 PM   #70
Tantalizer43

Quote:
The Camaro SS in our next video belongs to Camaro5 member Tantalizer43. It is equipped with the Stainless Works Retro Chambered cat back system (part #: CA11CB) with stock manifolds and cats.

And here is the same car with the addition of a set of Stainless Works 1 7/8 headers and high flow cats (part #: CA11HDRCATST).

That's my car! This system is Sex Nuts! I LOVE starting my car and watching the heads turn! No rasp to this system at all. Very deep tone. No drone either. Tame in the cabin at cruising speeds, and "destruction at wide open throttle" would be an appropriate description.

For what it's worth;, with the exhaust, cats, headers and CAI, I put down 413 RWHP on a dyno. No other power adders.

Also, unrelated but you will notice a difference in stance between the 2 videos. That's also thank to Chase. Apex is an unbelievable company, Chase, Paul, and Victoria are all class acts!

Also, single walled tips in the first video, double walled tips in the second...

Tags
borla atak, retro chambered cat back, stainless works