Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #15
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhotls1 View Post
Makes sense. Do you know that the fuel filler has an anti siphon system? Chevy has put them on the vehicles since around 2005. I was thinking about doing the same thing until I researched the anti siphoning system. Now I don't worry, as much.
Doesn't stop people from pouring stuff INTO the tank though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie2SS View Post
Did you ever consider this?
You'll bump it with your knee, causing the gas pump to explode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrivera91 View Post
Whoa that looks expensive. I'd rather not hand my fuel attendant my car keys lmao especially not where I work.
I don't let anyone else pump my gas. If you're in a state that doesn't allow you to pump your own, I'm sorry. lol
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #16
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
"Someone" You mean some GUY- Right?
If that happens. Just floor it. I guarantee he won't ever do it again.
If it's not a guy. Well, enjoy!
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:11 PM   #17
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
Doesn't stop people from pouring stuff INTO the tank though.

You'll bump it with your knee, causing the gas pump to explode.

I don't let anyone else pump my gas. If you're in a state that doesn't allow you to pump your own, I'm sorry. lol
How do you prevent door dings or someone keying your camaro? I wish they make a body lock for that.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:13 PM   #18
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Although these replies are hilarious not exactly the outcome I was hoping for lol.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #19
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Although these replies are hilarious not exactly the outcome I was hoping for lol.
Chalk this up to lessen learned. We all pay for our education in one way or another. Remember, for every person on this blog, you'll receive a different answer. I like the factory smooth gas door and so the actual locking cap seems the best answer to me. You can get a valet key for only the gas cap or use the recalled old style keys the dealer has. They won't start the car without the associate key fob next to it and it is cut the same. Bingo. One resolution.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:44 PM   #20
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
ٰ
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #21
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhotls1 View Post
Chalk this up to lessen learned. We all pay for our education in one way or another. Remember, for every person on this blog, you'll receive a different answer. I like the factory smooth gas door and so the actual locking cap seems the best answer to me. You can get a valet key for only the gas cap or use the recalled old style keys the dealer has. They won't start the car without the associate key fob next to it and it is cut the same. Bingo. One resolution.
Haha understood I appreciate every response in this thread even the not so serious ones. I would love for someone who's purchased this to comment on if they've experienced the same.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:25 PM   #22
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Has anybody purchased this locking fuel door? I love the quality of it however one thing doesn't work to great. The little hook that holds the locking mechanism sucks soo bad. Has anybody had this issue? If so how'd you fix it?
Locking fuel doors are a waste of money. All you need is a screw driver and you can open them up in just a few seconds. I've even gotten a few open using just my fingers because the keys got lost or the locking mechanism got stuck and wouldn't open. As you have noticed, there is nothing on a factory car for the locking mechanism to lock into and become fully secure.

Quote:
Every car I've ever had the fuel door could not be opened if the car was locked. I hate the idea of anybody being able to open my fuel door.
If you really want to stop someone getting in your tank, buy a locking fuel cap. GM sells one specifically for the Camaro for about $100 or you can go to Advance or Auto Zone and buy a Stant locking gas cap for $30. Both options will work a lot better than that over priced locking door.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:21 PM   #23
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie2SS View Post
Did you ever consider this?
The locking cap I had on my Camaro and it costs no more than 20 bucks and they just code it to your key