Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-23-2015, 08:29 PM   #1
kinpin
618 RWHP

Drives: 2014 ZL1
methanol injection safety system

I am thinking of a methanol injection system for my ZL1 .. but have concerns about it falling and my engine going boom . They make a safety system for turbo system but I cant find one for Superchargers . Dose anyone know if they make one ?
kinpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #2
Redlineviper

Drives: 2013 ZL1
The best safety system includes having in your tune provisions for the meths absence. A good system like ALky control has a very good track record and you can set up warnings for low fluid level pretty easily.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:11 AM   #3
Ksacamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
I was going to install one but my tuner told me that methanol will acctually start eating the supercharger from inside over time .....
Old 11-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
Warpaint69

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksacamaro View Post
I was going to install one but my tuner told me that methanol will acctually start eating the supercharger from inside over time .....
And its true, Methanol and aluminum don't play well together. VP sells a product called M2, its a lubricant that you mix into the methanol. One bottle does like 55 gallons. It really does help with the corrosion issues of methanol. When I was running it in a 4150 Holley you could tell in the fuel bowls how harsh the crap was on aluminum. If you leave it sit long enough it will start going from a liquid, to a white thickening substance, to a granular sand. If I wasn't racing for a few weeks I'd completely tear the carb down and spray tri flow or PB blaster on all the aluminum carb parts.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
EvilZL1
Snake Eater

Drives: 2012 AGM ZL1
The gains are soooo wonderful though

Make sure you don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! More content on the way. Like, share with your friends
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Z...sP2wjsLLFeP1zQ

Follow me on instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/snkeatr/
EvilZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:29 PM   #6
Vicster
1000hp is NEVER Enough!

Drives: 13' ZL1
Meth System for Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZL1 View Post
The gains are soooo wonderful though
Hello,

I had a Meth. System installed on my ZL1. But to run in the SCCA races no meth. is allowed, so I took the system out only ran 1/2 gallon of mth. through it. Have it up for sale on Ebay. It is a complete system with stainless pressure lines, it is set up for a Camaro with 700rwhp. But you can change nozzles to adjust for your HP. I put it in for the same reason to protect the engine. It is for sale on EBay but, PM me for a discount.