Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 09-02-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Colton[Breakdown]Anderson

Drives: 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
Smile Hello my fellow Camaro owners [:

Hi, I am new to the forum here. i have been looking around on it and trying to find tips and hits and stuff like that for around a year now and i finally decided to join here because from what i have read on other posts, other people will help out if you have a question or share something.

uhm I will start by telling you a little bit about my car and me.

I am 16 1/2 years old (please dont hate on me for that)
I currently own a White 2000 Chevrolet Camaro, Its a v6 with 132,xxx miles on it. and please dont think that just because im 16 that i 'RAG' the car out and treat it like dirt, there is NO WAY on earth that i would treat a Camaro like dirt. They are my #1 FAVORITE car, and as far as i am concerned i plan on owning one for as long as i live.

My parents looked around for along time and we always made lots of trips to go look at camaro's that we thought would work out and had a kinda tough time for about a month, i got my license Jan 9th 2009 and had my camaro around the week of jan 30th-early feb, i dont remember exactly when we got it but it was give or take a few days from those dates ^

I am a BIG Camaro fan. haha i just love them, espically the 4th gen ones.

I do however have some questions about Camaro's and i would love to get some 'Input' from other 4th gen Camaro owners.
Colton[Breakdown]Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
welcome to the site..

not a 4th gen owner..but there are a bunch on here that could help you out
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #3

Hello, Thank you for welcoming me into the site! [:
i really really enjoy this forum, more than anyother forum that I have EVER visited. and i dont know maybe its because of my love for Camaro's? but this forum has EVERYTHING that i've always looked for in one.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #4
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton[Breakdown]Anderson View Post
Hello, Thank you for welcoming me into the site! [:
i really really enjoy this forum, more than anyother forum that I have EVER visited. and i dont know maybe its because of my love for Camaro's? but this forum has EVERYTHING that i've always looked for in one.
I've heard it's the greatest one ever made...but don't tell anyone I told you that.
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
Massman151
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2010 RS/SS CAMARO RJT
welcome to the site, and basically what your doing is what i want to do, except any year camaro would do

"Sam Witwicky: Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?"

"Sam Witwicky: Um yeah, Satan's Camaro? It's stalking me!"
Massman151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:02 PM   #6

Thanks man! I really appreciate it.
yess, and just keep your Camaro in good shape and dont treat it bad and you should. see what i kinda figured is, i love my 2000 so much that i came to the conclusion that if the engine ever gave out or something like that happedned to mine that it would just be cheaper to buy a new engine and drop it in there rather than trying to buy a whole new car. the only own side to that would be the labor it takes to put a new engine in, but it isnt impossible, so thats a positive!
but dont you think that would be a relatively good idea? maybe? haha.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:00 AM   #7
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
welcome bro, yeah I got a 4th gen as well...2000 Z28. My I love it as well
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #8
camaro6662

Drives: Camaro SS 35th LE/PE
Welcome and congrats on your first Camaro.
How about a pic of your new Camaro

To answer your question's
Boyd Coddington Rebel 17X9.5 front 245/40 rear 17X11 315/35
BFG G-force KD
C5 Z06 front brakes
Baer EradiSpeed Rotors
Old 09-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #9

Thanks bro! i mean seriously. i personally think that you have the SWEETEST wheel/brake/rim setup that i have seen before, it just all flows so perfectly with the car man! do you mind if i ask how much it cost? lol.

Uhm yeahh i can get some pictures up sometime in the near future. see about 2 months ago when we had a majot hailstorm just out of the blue from nowhere i got about 6 small probably dime size dents. 4 in the hood, and 2 on the right rear quarter panel /: and also i have a tragic story about my Camaro to. it got keyed by some thuggy kids that were uhm ''Visiting'' one of out neighbors, 2nd place away from ours. but anyway what happened was me,my mom,dad and little brother all went in my moms car to go look at it and we enededd up coming home with it and that was the best day of my life also [:
well i had it for about a week and one day one of the girls that lives by us, really trashy, drives a *PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR SAYING THIS* Mustang AKA 'mustGAY' had a bunch of thuggy other kids over and i was worried soo sick the whole time because they were outside and they kept standing right next to/behind my car and i just KNEW that they were going to do something to it. well there came about an hour when i could not watch outside my window anymore and i tried to deal with not watching it with them outside right next to itt. well alas the time had come when i could finally go back and look. so i looked out and noticed that EVERYONE was gone from overthere. I immediatley got sick to my stomach and ran outside to look at my Camaro. well first thing i noticed was a HUGEEEEEEEEEE 'VT' keyed right into the middle of my driver side door. remember im 16, have not had my new camaro but for about a week, had NEVER ever seen these kids in my life before and they decide to key some kinda s*** like that right into my driver side door. i INSTANTLY started yelling, and i mean other neighbors came outside to look at what was happeneing. i have never felt such rage and anger and they all just happened to leave, i mean there was like 4 cars overthere. they keyed my Camaro and everysingle car left. i cant even begin to explain how the situation is. you know when you dont even know someone and you personally HATE them? yeah thats it but 1000x more. me and my dad have been working on it and its not really noticeable right now but im saving up for a new paint job so that'll take care of it [:
I still want to do something back to that mustGAY. it sits there everysingle day and i have to look at it and when i do i immediately get so pi$$ed off. so yeahh that is my tragic story about when i got my Camaro ]"
I havent done anything back because i HAVE to live right next to her and it would cause ALOT OF BAD problems, most likely long term problems.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #10
SOMSS

Drives: SOM SS, 6spd, T-Tops 436 RWHP
Sorry to hear that. Let your insurance handle it and definitely call the cops and report the vandalism.
SOMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #11
98_Camaro

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Welcome to the site.
As a fellow fourth-gen Camaro owner (pic in avatar) and a high school student (16), I can honestly say that I sympathize with you. I spent about a month looking for my '98, looking at any Camaro ranging from '98-'02 and was worth looking at.
I go lucky one day and found my grape ape with 102.5k miles, in almost perfect condition,and for a lovely price of $3600.
And with you're car getting keyed, I can't imagine what kind of anger you must have felt. But, that's the unfortuante danger we take with our cars. I leave mine outside day and night (my dad's '69 Camaro is in the garage), and I had cats walk across it prior to it being covered, and they scratched the paint several times. I've got a nice set of scratches on the passenger front fender, and two scratches on the hood from those stupid animals... It's not keyed, but it's the next best thing- they aren't even our cats. Plus, there were the times I had to wash the whole car because they treated it like a disco... Actually, that part I'm not to mad about. It gave me a reason to clean it.
I'm really sorry to hear some cholo trash did that to your baby.
All I can say is great choice in car, and I hope that you can get the "VT" taken care of promptly.
I'm sorry, I can't help posting a picture of it. It's my pride and joy:
2016 Summit White 2SS Coupe M6, NPP, & MRC
Now Driving:
2016 Torch Red Corvette 2LT, NPP, MRC
98_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:08 AM   #12
Fotowns Finest
Harbinger of Doom

Drives: "Marolyn"
lol "mustgay" i like your attitude, i think you'll feel right at home here

sorry about the keying too, im looking for a camaro as well and when the time comes, it will have to sit out day and night, and im afraid already. my mom had some hoodlum throw a rock on top of the hood of her 04 sebring convertible, and it looked like Wolverine had punched it. we were both very pissed about it, me bcuz i knew we would never catch the f*** head who did it, and it ended up never getting repaired
Fotowns Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #13
Super83Z

Drives: 1999 Z28 1983 Z28
Welcome to the site.
14 Silverado
Super83Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #14
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton[Breakdown]Anderson View Post
Thanks bro! i mean seriously. i personally think that you have the SWEETEST wheel/brake/rim setup that i have seen before, it just all flows so perfectly with the car man! do you mind if i ask how much it cost? lol.

Uhm yeahh i can get some pictures up sometime in the near future. see about 2 months ago when we had a majot hailstorm just out of the blue from nowhere i got about 6 small probably dime size dents. 4 in the hood, and 2 on the right rear quarter panel /: and also i have a tragic story about my Camaro to. it got keyed by some thuggy kids that were uhm ''Visiting'' one of out neighbors, 2nd place away from ours. but anyway what happened was me,my mom,dad and little brother all went in my moms car to go look at it and we enededd up coming home with it and that was the best day of my life also [:
well i had it for about a week and one day one of the girls that lives by us, really trashy, drives a *PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR SAYING THIS* Mustang AKA 'mustGAY' had a bunch of thuggy other kids over and i was worried soo sick the whole time because they were outside and they kept standing right next to/behind my car and i just KNEW that they were going to do something to it. well there came about an hour when i could not watch outside my window anymore and i tried to deal with not watching it with them outside right next to itt. well alas the time had come when i could finally go back and look. so i looked out and noticed that EVERYONE was gone from overthere. I immediatley got sick to my stomach and ran outside to look at my Camaro. well first thing i noticed was a HUGEEEEEEEEEE 'VT' keyed right into the middle of my driver side door. remember im 16, have not had my new camaro but for about a week, had NEVER ever seen these kids in my life before and they decide to key some kinda s*** like that right into my driver side door. i INSTANTLY started yelling, and i mean other neighbors came outside to look at what was happeneing. i have never felt such rage and anger and they all just happened to leave, i mean there was like 4 cars overthere. they keyed my Camaro and everysingle car left. i cant even begin to explain how the situation is. you know when you dont even know someone and you personally HATE them? yeah thats it but 1000x more. me and my dad have been working on it and its not really noticeable right now but im saving up for a new paint job so that'll take care of it [:
I still want to do something back to that mustGAY. it sits there everysingle day and i have to look at it and when i do i immediately get so pi$$ed off. so yeahh that is my tragic story about when i got my Camaro ]"
I havent done anything back because i HAVE to live right next to her and it would cause ALOT OF BAD problems, most likely long term problems.
hey man, welcome to the site! im 16 too, got my license last oct and bought my camaro on december 27th. it needs a lot of work, but im willing to put in the hours. i hope to never sell it lol. and i kno wat u mean about ppl being a**holes to ur car. in the parking lot at skool i gotta park way in the back away from everyone becuz last year someone took a rock and bashed in a bunch of dents on the back of mine, and was letting the air out of my tires, just cuz i refused to sell it to him.

p.s. and i call them crapstangs

Last edited by Supercamaro64; 09-06-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2000, 4th gen, camaro