Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #85
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy casey View Post
That is why you bought a 1LE, and that is great... but why do you think we are crazy cause some of us bought this car to drive the crap out of it...

There are a lot of us that have set these cars up do DD them and they work great for that duty, I still get a smile every morning when I start that engine and drive off... The other day it was 19 degrees, the frost was still on all the body panels when I got to work 30 minutes later

For you guys up in the north/east with all the salt, sorry about that but I would still drive this car daily and when I trade it in for a new car in 3 years someone else will deal with the salt crusted underside...

I think we all agree, these 1LE's are great cars for whatever we bought them for
I certainly don't disagree or diss you for driving it as you do or year round. It's your car, do as you wish. I get more pissed when people diss on those of us who choose not to. Yes, it's just a car, but it's MY car. For me, I cannot DD mine with my career. Plus I won't be trading mine in 3 years. I am keeping it... And buying more! Mine are strictly toys. I do drive my 1LE a fair amount. In 2 summers I have put 9000 miles on it. Talked to a guy at the Auto Show in Detroit yesterday with a 2011 SS that he only has 4100 miles on. I kinda live in the middle ground... Not my DD, but I don't worry about the milleage...I drive the car and drive it hard when I do. Since I never plan to sell it, I have no concerns with resale value.
As you can see....I don't sell my cars! LOL
Attached Images

Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #86
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Two things I have learned in the forums.

1. Driving a Camaro on anything else than a perfect day ruins the car, instantly.

2. If you can't use your splitter as a snow plow, while on Goodyears, while driving uphill in a snow storm, you are a crappy driver.

And now a third, your insurance may decline coverage should you be involved in any accident if they consider this a misapplicaton of use. Back in the day you had an accident and it was paid. Now they are collecting blackbox data, checking tires, tread depth, and tire application intent. They will use anything they can possibly use to deny coverage... for.. anything.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #87
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
Kendall421- Sweet collection man. I would love to own one from each generation. Looks like you got a big head start on me ..LOL.
We should do a thread on the 2014 SS 1LE crystal red tint coat cars. Where are they Now thread. I have always been curious as to where they are in the USA. 1-97 made and 5 stayed in Canada leaves 92 in USA. I have one and looks like you have one. I just seen one on craigslist for sale not far from me about 5 miles away.
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #88
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Kendall421, regarding your post#85, very nice pics, and evolutionary'esque collection, even the SUV ones!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:50 AM   #89
Kendall421

Drives: 1969 Z28, 1982 Z28, 2014 SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
Kendall421- Sweet collection man. I would love to own one from each generation. Looks like you got a big head start on me ..LOL.
We should do a thread on the 2014 SS 1LE crystal red tint coat cars. Where are they Now thread. I have always been curious as to where they are in the USA. 1-97 made and 5 stayed in Canada leaves 92 in USA. I have one and looks like you have one. I just seen one on craigslist for sale not far from me about 5 miles away.
Thanks for the compliment on the cars. I will have a 2nd gen in the future. Looked at a couple last summer...waiting for the right one. I found the right one at a show last year and told the guy I wanted to buy it. He said "sure, but gonna cost you $30k!". I said "Ok, I will be back in an hour with $30K cash!" I was freaking serious! He apparently was not...he backed down and said he was not selling! LOL. Probably never a 4th gen or 6th gen. Not really a fan of either.

My 1LE is actually Red Rock Metallic, not CRT. I love both colors, but went RRM because it was a new color for 2014...so not on any previous year Camaro's.

Still fun to know how rare they are. 148 RRM 1LE cars built in 2014...137 shipped to the US.

I get my cars to shows like this. I haul 2 and my son drives one. People always give me shit when I trailer them...but hello! I can't drive them all at the same time unless I was to get cloned! Thats a scary thought! LOL
Attached Images

Kendall421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:35 PM   #90
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
@ Kendall421- You are definitely doing it big bro. Not sure why someone would give you shit if you have to trailer all the cars to get them to a show. Personally I think it looks bad ass bro and shows you are not f'ing around.. lol. I am kicking myself for not pressing on a 69 when I had the chance at a great price. I'm looking for one that is all there but needs some TLC. a Number match would be super bonus but not a big deal if it don't match when I do find another first gen. Problem now is idiots are asking 5-10g's for nothing. I looked at one and was like dude where is the car. Literally guy wanted 6g's for a pile of scrap metal and get this .. he claimed it was a real z28.. My friend and I just about pissed ourselves laughing at the guy.
Jayjellyfish212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:50 PM   #91
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
@ Kendall421- You are definitely doing it big bro. Not sure why someone would give you shit if you have to trailer all the cars to get them to a show. Personally I think it looks bad ass bro and shows you are not f'ing around.. lol. I am kicking myself for not pressing on a 69 when I had the chance at a great price. I'm looking for one that is all there but needs some TLC. a Number match would be super bonus but not a big deal if it don't match when I do find another first gen. Problem now is idiots are asking 5-10g's for nothing. I looked at one and was like dude where is the car. Literally guy wanted 6g's for a pile of scrap metal and get this .. he claimed it was a real z28.. My friend and I just about pissed ourselves laughing at the guy.
Kendall has a great collection. I sold my numbers matching '69 Z/28 for 40K and it looked like this. I had just hand sanded the original paint and did have a lot of new parts to go with it. The guy that bought from me is going all the way, 110% restoration. I'll be seeing my old car later this year fully retored, can't wait.
Attached Images

Old 01-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #92
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Therefore...if your socioeconomic status elevates you to one-up yourself to a 1LE over a 1SS/2SS, but not economically stable enough to protect your investment with suitable winter transportation....I guess, the joke is on you.
Or maybe ones socioeconomic status elevates them to where a 1LE is their beater.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:32 PM   #93
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
I wonder if there are any Z28'ers, driving their Z28's through snow, salt and consequent slush, over at the Z28 section?
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 10:44 PM   #94
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
An auction rig parks near where I live. Had a Z28 loaded on it last summer once. Had all kinds of rock chips all over the front and sides. Looked like a DD with no clear bra and was driven on all types of roads and conditions. So it was driven a year and traded in and dealer sent to auction. Or repo'd.
Old 01-23-2016, 11:51 PM   #95
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Or maybe ones socioeconomic status elevates them to where a 1LE is their beater.
Based on the totality of the circumstances?

No.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 01:31 AM   #96
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Those who continue to argue that your 1LE is meant for the snow and ice, go drive it in snow, salt and ice, enjoy yourselves. As I said in my earlier post, I have a 2013 and look forward to the 13 1LE numbers dwindling because some of the 1,800 2013 1LE owners are absolute geniuses. Hell, take it mudbogging for all I care. We get it, you're right, GM designed the 1LE to be an all-terrain vehicle.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:47 AM   #97
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
Here you go. Now go climb something and drive your 1LE like the all terrain vehicle GM intended it to be.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2016, 06:17 AM   #98
ThisGuyDrives

Drives: 2014 Ashen Grey Metallic 1LE/1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by backeddy View Post
Not driving your car because you don't want to take a chance on damaging it, is like not having sex with your girlfriend, so she is in better shape for the next guy.
Except a car actually has a resale price unlike a girlfriend/wife. When they go away, you don't get any money. I can sell my 14 1LE for around $28-30k right now. Can you sell your girl for that much?

The worst analogy ever.
ThisGuyDrives is offline   Reply With Quote