Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
dshakhba

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Adjusting front and rear camber alignment

Hey Everyone,

I know there are some threads on this, but everyone seems to be saying something different. My tires have a lot of wear on the outside edges. Especially the front tires. I have never tracked my car but go on the occasional hard canyon run every other week. Mostly highway miles. currently 11,000, and my outside edges in the front are done. My inside edges are much better than the outside. I saw somewhere that the factory alignment setting is -1.0 degree front camber and -0.75 degree rear, with a +/- of 0.75 degree! so my fronts could be anywhere from -0.25 to -1.75. Assuming I need to make my camber more aggressive to solve this issue, how would I adjust the camber? Do I need camber bolts? does the car already have camber adjustment bolts built in? my suspension is fully stock.

Also, what are you guys running your alignment adjustments? I'm thinking of aiming at -1.25 to -1.50 in the front, and around -1.00 in the rear max. Maybe even a very slight positive toe in in the back.

I guess my main question would be how do you adjust the camber on a stock 1LE and if I need anything.

THANKS!
dshakhba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:53 AM   #2
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Are they balled-up or do the outside edges just have less tread-depth than the inside? If it's the tread-depth, then that's normal, the tires come that way from the factory. Now if the outside edges are shagged from you shredding them, that's a different story.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #3
dshakhba

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS/1LE
I will try to take a picture of it later today and post it up. It is hard to explain. There are grooves on the inside and outside corners, and the outside corners are completely gone. Rear tires are more uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Are they balled-up or do the outside edges just have less tread-depth than the inside? If it's the tread-depth, then that's normal, the tires come that way from the factory. Now if the outside edges are shagged from you shredding them, that's a different story.
dshakhba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:15 PM   #4
FSU1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
I would also like a straight forward answer to the question of how do I adjust the camber of my 1LE. It appears that I have "fences" and eccentric bolts to adjust the rear camber however I don't see anywhere in the front that can be adjusted. The only thing that I can see that can be adjusted is the caster. Am I missing something?? How are people getting -2.5deg of camber without camber plates?
FSU1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 07:16 AM   #5
SVThis

Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS Victory Red 1 of 76
Most people aren't getting -2.5. Most cars, max stock is more like around -2. If your looking for max negative up front just loosen up the 2 bolts on the strut and push the top of the tire inward. To decrease the negative camber use, I believe, a 10mm bolt, and screw it inward till you get the reading you want.

Tags
1le, alignment, camber, tires, wear